Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Sony Stan here, this ain't it chief.
Yep, shyt like this is just going to accelerate the move to a full on services industry. And that's not something I'll ever support.

This is like a girl you love saying she'll marry you but you gotta let her have an open marriage and she can do whatever. It just seems like that would be a nope.
That's a bad analogy because there's no tangible benefits there whereas Sony now gains the lions share of revenue from their [multi-platform] service games. And that's on top of this:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I meant more like Sony puts themselves in a position where losing CoD hurts, but isn't as much of a backbreaker. Ultimately, I don't think either side is looking to pull games off of platforms, as much as they're looking to take 70% of the revenue made off of those games on opposing platforms by virtue of owning the IP.

BINGO

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Assuming this has to be for the talent/pedigree and not the Destiny IP. Maybe I'm biased as a former diehard who fell off. It's become impenetrable :dame: for newcomers or even if you lapse for a couple months. I've legit been trying to get back into it for years but you need a damn PhD to parse the in-game economy.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I meant more like Sony puts themselves in a position where losing CoD hurts, but isn't as much of a backbreaker. Ultimately, I don't think either side is looking to pull games off of platforms, as much as they're looking to take 70% of the revenue made off of those games on opposing platforms by virtue of owning the IP.
Great post. Deals can always be struck after the fact

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

this and theres a lot of other underlying benefits to this. They now own Desitny IP, they can turn it into movies, cartoons/anime, tv shows, etc.

they also get shared resources and experience....they also have full on marketing for Destiny and when the new game hits its gonna be even more of a benefit for sony to have their names on it. everyone wins in this scenario