Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Brehs are really overthinking this console war shyt. The reality is that if you're trying to do good business, it really isn't necessary for your primary competitor to lose for you to win. Finding a way to coexist while eating off each other's plate is a prime example of how to pull that off.

Imagine passing up a way to see every PS5 or Xbox sold as a potential revenue opportunity just to make some motherfukker on a message board happy. :mjlol:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Dead at coli posters saying they overpaid when they got a team of the brightest minds calculating and making these decisions :russ:

You don't have to look far to see comparisons in acquisitions or be a financial genius to understand why we think this is an overpay :mjlol:

Yeah Destiny 2 prints money for Bungie

Not to the tune of 3.6 billion. :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whats even funnier is you know damn well they would be doing cartwheels if Microsoft bought them. Especially if it meant making a good Halo game again :laff:
Yup. They not fooling me.

Either way this isn't really doing nothing for me as I'm not too much of a big Destiny fan so it's w/e.

I'd rather hear that Bungie is helping ND with a new Uncharted MP title.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz, Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan says that Destiny 2 and future Bungie games will continue to be published on other platforms, including rival consoles. The advantages Bungie offers Sony is in its ability to make huge, multiplatform, live-service online games, which is something the wider organisation is eager to learn from.

Phil still gets to play Destiny 3 on his Xbox:whew:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think 3.6B is just a little bit over what i think they should`ve paid for them. But years from now we might fukk around and say it was a steal, like with Insomniac. Sony probably picked them because they have an established multiplayer, and probably want them to pump out more because Sony could use some exclusive multiplayer's...it`s kind of an FU to MS to lol.

Watch Phil buy Epic or some shyt now, and secure Fortnite.

I have a feeling this gen is going to be a long, back, and forth one like none before it when it`s said and done.
:comeon: :childplease: