Sonic Mania (2D, PS4, XB1,PC, Switch, August 15th 2017, 29th for PC)

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Beat the game with all 3 characters and all emeralds. The ending sucks no matter who you use. Biggest disappointment of the game, especially considering the amazing intro.
I have 31 Medals (almost all silver though). I keep fukking up on the last one :angry:. Want to finish it before I move on to Mario + Rabbids

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
PC version just dropped today so finally Im in.

At first I was like...this some mugen shyt but its cool:manny:

Then when they dropped the mean bean machine boss on me I almost :to:

This breh who made this game understands me :salute:
Understands us :to:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Beat the game with all 3 characters and all emeralds. The ending sucks no matter who you use. Biggest disappointment of the game, especially considering the amazing intro.
I have 31 Medals (almost all silver though). I keep fukking up on the last one :angry:. Want to finish it before I move on to Mario + Rabbids

I was hyped as hell beating it with sonic after all the emeralds....and I was like "this is it...........?"

After all the glitches. Losing coins while walking, getting pinched on nothing, spin dashing into enemies and still dying after they get killed....:francis:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally beat this shyt. Final boss had me cursing
Which one? The actual final boss or the boss of titanic zone 2?

To be honest none of them are really difficult. And there's not particularly a rhyme or pattern, just jump and hit them. I know sonic can't pick things up but they need to implement some type of strategy to the bosses like megaman. Maybe sonic could use a spin dash on a Sandy surface which digs a hole that the boss falls into or catches a rope with a hook that's connected to a flying boss and you spin dash to pull the rope and it flings the boss into a solid wall or something.

I'll admit when I was laying down casually playing I died more than a few times and I had to really sit up and focus on what needed to be done but all the bosses were pretty easy, is there a hard mode?

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Finally beat my last blue sphere stage thank fukking gawd

Only 7 gold out of 32 medals but the gold medals don't get you anything but pride without trophy support.
I'm good with just having the silver medals. That's a lie but I will go crazy going for them so I need to stop

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
this game is awesome, definitely worth 20 bucks. i love the mixture of og n new stuff, it fits perfect. Im on the 3rd level now and the new bosses are really cool. I also have to step it up with the emeralds. i see this game getting a ton of burn, the save feature is fantastic. i hope this opens the door for more remakes/re-releases.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Doing a knuckles run 4/5 on emeralds because a kid pushed my hand on the controller. Sad thing it seems like you can't get the emeralds fast enough. I just want to get them and continue to burn through the levels. I beat it with sonic without them then once I got them beat it again.

llt23

All Star
Daps
Finished my first playthrough (Sonic alone). Didnt use any continues, only really died on a few of the bosses and maybe twice getting crushed by something. Overall I think the difficulty is fine if not a bit easy. If you played a true shytload of sonic as a kid you prob had a similar run that I had.

They weaved in enemies from all the diff sonic games, including the traps and spikes and all the shyt. When I saw the buzzsaws from Sonic 1 near the end game it made me :ohlawd:

I really liked the level design. More about platforming and skill then that 'gotta go fast' bullshyt. They put all the 'auto pilot fast' parts early in the game, and by late game it was more precise stuff and traps that I personally felt the OG trilogy is known for. I really liked the final stages in terms of testing your sonic knowledge.

I have minor complaints about level design, but not worth mentioning cause overall they did a great job.

BUT the bosses definitely left something to be desired. Lot of them didnt even have patterns, and a great majority of them you could just forget about what they are doing and just jump at them repeatedly....who cares if you get hit, just pick up a ring and keep spamming. Just nothing too memorable here in terms of design or how you fight them.

They were verrry lenient on how long the rings stay out when you get hit. That really made things easier.

Final boss was very underwhelming. Didnt get the emeralds so I dont know if there is another secret boss. If there is someone let me know.

Also the ending was wack and almost nonexistant

Last edited:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Can't find the collectors edition anywhere and i know reseller price is going to be through the roof:pacspit: scalpers

I will just have to cop the collectors edition of sonic forces instead