Sonic Frontiers (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (November 8, 2022)

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Well they are obviously withholding the sonicy type part of the game to show off this "open zone" part of the game.

This is a weird way to show a Sonic game. I hope there's more to this open field than this. Unleashed and SA1 had characters to interact with and upgrades and shyt. I dunno:patrice:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also, i have a feeling this is kind of it for Sonic as far as games go. At this point they’ve damn near tried everything and failed spectacularly outside of eventually going back to 2d (sonic rush, generations, mania) if they don’t knock this out the park im not really sure what happens to the franchise after this.

Open world is the final frontier for 3d Sonic as far as being critically received well

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bad way to first show off gameplay. Rockstar for example wouldn’t show off the next GTA with someone randomly going around jacking cars and jumping off bridges.

This should have been the second video after showing a basic gameplay trailer encompassing combat, traversal, and snippets of story details. This was a bad first impression and theres really no other way around it.

A lot of people are hype for this coming off the sonic movie and they come out the gate with a weak sauce presentation

Well this isn't a official trailer by Sega. It's just a IGN world premiere.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Also, i have a feeling this is kind of it for Sonic as far as games go. At this point they’ve damn near tried everything and failed spectacularly outside of eventually going back to 2d (sonic rush, generations, mania) if they don’t knock this out the park im not really sure what happens to the franchise after this.

Open world is the final frontier for 3d Sonic as far as being critically received well
Sonic Team should've thrown Takashi Iizuka in the bushes years ago. The man has no ideas, just throws shyt at the wall and leans on nostalgia.

shyt, Sonic Mania was gonna be all original levels til he stepped in :francis:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Funny enough this is what actual sonic fans want to see more than anything.

How he runs and interacts with the environment.