Sonic Frontiers (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (November 8, 2022)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Still laughing bout this. Like they couldn't even cook up a demo with decent draw distance???

All Sonic Team got are gimmicks so they can keep dancing around the real problems. Been that way since even the Adventure days. Here's the same automated boost gameplay people didn't like in Sonic Forces but now it looks like Breath of the Wild and that's a popular game™!

they need to just give sonic to Nintendo at this point

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That pop in is noticable and knowing Sonic Team's work it won't be fixed.

I don't like the design. The random rails in the sky worked for more traditional 3D levels, but it looks out of place here.

I'm definitely going to wait and see on this. I bought Sonic 06 Day 1 back in the day and I'm still mad at the L I took.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Looks like a fan project of Sonic running through a final fantasy map :skip:

Sega should keep working on it until it's ready.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Looks like :trash:
Can't believe Sega actually "hired this man" like YouTube comments in those hideous Sonic in Unreal Engine 4 videos

Looks like Final Fantasy XV with Sonic randomly plopped in. Horrendous framerate and pop in as well.
And this is supposed to replace in 6 months :laff:
They can't even afford to delay it any further cause it's already been 5 years from this team with no game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Looks like :trash:
Can't believe Sega actually "hired this man" like YouTube comments in those hideous Sonic in Unreal Engine 4 videos

Looks like Final Fantasy XV with Sonic randomly plopped in. Horrendous framerate and pop in as well.
And this is supposed to replace in 6 months :laff:
They can't even afford to delay it any further cause it's already been 5 years from this team with no game

I honestly feel like they directly pulled some assets from Phantasy Star Online

3979-phantasy-star-online-2-new-genesis-screenshot-1-1595660767.jpg

Last edited:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Gameplay debut in a couple of minutes

This is weird. But then again I'm sleepy so my judgement could be off. Like Sonic doesn't fit in the environment...I'm getting Mario in New Donk City vibes :mjlol:. But that was the obvious conceit of a single stage and not an entire game. Idk.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
This may sound weird but I always thought Sonic biggest flaw was then just pushing speed.
The first games had him going fast but there was exploration and navigating how to get to secret areas.
Every game after just emphasized speed. And when you're speeding fast what are you going to notice? Nothing. It's just a series of jumps and twitch movements.

Even in the new gameplay video it's weird that he has to slow down on a skinny platform to awkwardly pick up coins because he obviously goes faster than that normally and the structure isn't really built for the wide open speed gameplay.

Sonics speed should be like the Power Rangers Megazord shyt. Just pull it out at certain spots or when it's a huge boss battle. You'd appreciate the change in speed and keep what special about Sonic, special and not just mundane.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
This may sound weird but I always thought Sonic biggest flaw was then just pushing speed.
The first games had him going fast but there was exploration and navigating how to get to secret areas.
Every game after just emphasized speed. And when you're speeding fast what are you going to notice? Nothing. It's just a series of jumps and twitch movements.

Even in the new gameplay video it's weird that he has to slow down on a skinny platform to awkwardly pick up coins because he obviously goes faster than that normally and the structure isn't really built for the wide open speed gameplay.

Sonics speed should be like the Power Rangers Megazord shyt. Just pull it out at certain spots or when it's a huge boss battle. You'd appreciate the change in speed and keep what special about Sonic, special and not just mundane.
Yeah, Sonic games were about momentum and EARNING speed...the problem was all the complaints in reviews of the 3D games were from nikkas who were going entirely off their memories of the marketing and whining about "SONIC NEEDS TO BE FAST FAST FAST" so they did the boost gameplay on some "Here nikka, damn :stopitslime: " even though it was just feeding into the gimmick and not the gameplay that was so good.

If they had simply fine tuned the Sonic Adventure games and polished them up, they'd be fine...but Sega just cops out and looks for the lazy solution instead of taking the time to fix things. It's easier to just disguise the flaws with gimmicks than actually work on them.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Looks interesting I read that they just showed us some random zone and a lil what to expect. I don’t get why people are aggy for. We’ll see more gameplay when Sega is ready :yeshrug:

Yeah, but to be fair Sega has not given any of the fans confidence to have faith off gp but I do agree people are going overboard with this.