Sonic Frontiers (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (November 8, 2022)

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I love Sonic. Should I cop now or do y’all think there’ll be a better sale Black Friday?

I also wanted to know if there are new levels or is it just open world with old levels?

I’m still surprised they haven’t made Sonic Adventure 3.

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 is GOAT

:ahh::ahh:
I paid full price and I'm loving the simple joy of open world sonic, surprisingly good combat, the darker story, Super Sonic, and the OST.

But it's definitely a game that you'll need to take breaks between island. The game is repetitive, but if you like open world exploration and puzzle platformers. It's a joy.

Play on hard, tho.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I paid full price and I'm loving the simple joy of open world sonic, surprisingly good combat, the darker story, Super Sonic, and the OST.

But it's definitely a game that you'll need to take breaks between island. The game is repetitive, but if you like open world exploration and puzzle platformers. It's a joy.

Play on hard, tho.
Are there a lot of new levels?

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love Sonic. Should I cop now or do y’all think there’ll be a better sale Black Friday?

I also wanted to know if there are new levels or is it just open world with old levels?

I’m still surprised they haven’t made Sonic Adventure 3.

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 is GOAT

:ahh::ahh:
Wait for Black Friday, Walmart has it half off. No word if digital will go on sale.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Play on hard, tho.

Agreed, definitely play on hard if you want the game to be even remotely challenging, otherwise the only thing you might have trouble with is figuring out where to go in some places. It's one of those games where "hard" is really just normal IMO. But then again Sonic games have always been on the easy side.

And yeah, I paid full price and don't regret it at all :manny: still an 8.5/10 game for me, although admittedly I've been a Sonic fanboy since I was a kid

One thing I do HATE though is that Starfall Slot game that randomly comes up every once and a while. That shyt is distracting and comes up at the worst times, and I don't really care to play it. I wish there was an option to just turn that off, I'm just not interested in that one.

I did find the fishing minigame finally and messed around with it. Eggman's logs are pretty interesting and explain a lot :ehh:

Last edited:

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
A greed, definitely play on hard if you want the game to be even remotely challenging, otherwise the only thing you might have trouble with is figuring out where to go in some places. It's one of those games where "hard" is really just normal IMO. But then again Sonic games have always been on the easy side.

And yeah, I paid full price and don't regret it at all :manny: still an 8.5/10 game for me

One thing I do HATE though is that Starfall Slot game that randomly comes up every once and a while. That shyt is distracting and comes up at the worst times, and I don't really care to play it. I wish there was an option to just turn that off, I'm just not interested in that one.

I did find the fishing minigame finally and messed around with it. Eggman's logs are pretty interesting and explain a lot :ehh:

Were you as shocked as I was that
Egman confirmed damn near everything from the past 31 years is canon:mjlol:. Like they are really trying to tie all that fukkery from Sonic 1 to now even the spin off games happened to some extent.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
That 4th island gets emotional as fukk. I didn't see that coming. :picard:

Loved the platforming challenge on island 4.

On the final island and the game still pulling new things out of it's back pocket.

I remember reviews not liking the miniboss, but I honestly enjoy them.. a lot. Plus, it's really easy to run away from them

I hate the Starfall thing... Maybe because I'm too invested in the game, but I rather go do more puzzles and stuff.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Agreed, definitely play on hard if you want the game to be even remotely challenging, otherwise the only thing you might have trouble with is figuring out where to go in some places. It's one of those games where "hard" is really just normal IMO. But then again Sonic games have always been on the easy side.

And yeah, I paid full price and don't regret it at all :manny: still an 8.5/10 game for me, although admittedly I've been a Sonic fanboy since I was a kid

Also... Don't farm for to many upgrades. Difficulty wise... Attack and defense upgrades can turn into one shots.

Island 1 - cap around 18
Island 2 - cap around 26
Island 3 - cap around 34

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That 4th island gets emotional as fukk. I didn't see that coming. :picard:

I'm just getting near the end of the 3rd island :lupe: guess I'll steer clear of spoilers

And yeah, my big issue with the Starfall slot thing is it fukks up the map markers, which I tend to use a lot, by marking a bunch of extra BS. :beli:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I'm just getting near the end of the 3rd island :lupe: guess I'll steer clear of spoilers

And yeah, my big issue with the Starfall slot thing is it fukks up the map markers, which I tend to use a lot, by marking a bunch of extra BS. :beli:
I really liked Island 3. It took a minute to get used to the obnoxious amount of 2D parts, but it was really challenging and fun.

Probably my favorite.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just finished the 3rd island, now I'm on the part where you have to shut down the towers.

Sonic out here looking like he caught the Rona :picard:

Don't know what, but I have a bad feeling Sonic is doing something terrible and doesn't realize it :francis:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
5/6 Towers

I think I'm starting to get it...I bet whatever enemy the Chaos aliens were fighting is the one telling Sonic to shut down the towers. He's probably working for the bad guy without even knowing it.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Made it to the 3rd Island.

Story is definitely picking up, it's basically a follow-up to Sonic Adventure. That Wyvern boss can kiss my ass though, had to start all the way over because I got caught offguard by a random QTE at the end. :stopitslime:

Also, Sonic isn't looking too good at the moment :huhldup:
same lol

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You can definitely tell whoever came up with this True Final Boss loves them some Nier Automata :heh:

They went kind of OD on the difficulty though, cot damn. :damn:

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Thug

I despise that shyt, it takes forever to go away.