Sonic Frontiers (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (November 8, 2022)

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
No, it's closer to this gen's Sonic Adventure.

Sonic Heroes really isn't even in the same league. The people who don't like this are mostly people that just generally dislike Sonic games.
I didn't want to compare it to Sonic Adventure considering how it was a big leap that game was for it's time and imo, Unleashed was more closer to Adventure from how it was a leap from the first three 3D sonic games. Maybe, when I get the game, my opinion will change. I see where you coming from thou.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Just finished this it was fun, janky than a mug:mjlol: which is not unusual for a Sonic game but the jank didn't effect my overall enjoyment of the game. Hell in some ways the jank enhanced it for me.

Turning Sonic into this sandbox collect-a-ton/Tony Hawk obstacle course is the best gameplay style they've given Sonic. Honestly, this is the game they should of make after unleashed and not Colors but whatever.

The foundation here is solid in many ways this is better than the adventure games which is still the best Sonic games IMO. I hope they don't fuk it up tho they got something here it just needs improvements and the next one could be goated.

Also, it seems like Sonic Team really liked Nier: Automata cuz every thing from the tone of the story, those boss fights, and the environments was just Nier: Automata up and down but with Sonic:skip:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I didn't want to compare it to Sonic Adventure considering how it was a big leap that game was for it's time and imo, Unleashed was more closer to Adventure from how it was a leap from the first three 3D sonic games. Maybe, when I get the game, my opinion will change. I see where you coming from thou.

IMO this is easily better than Unleashed (much less Heroes which I never thought was great) and definitely on the same level as the Adventure games.

People big up Unleashed but everybody forgets how much people disliked the Werehog levels. Nothing like that here and there's way more to do, plus the combat is way better. Also this game has the best story of any Sonic game arguably ever (at least so far, I haven't even beat it yet).

Just finished this it was fun, janky than a mug:mjlol: which is not unusual for a Sonic game but the jank didn't effect my overall enjoyment of the game. Hell in some ways the jank enhanced it for me.

Turning Sonic into this sandbox collect-a-ton/Tony Hawk obstacle course is the best gameplay style they've given Sonic. Honestly, this is the game they should of make after unleashed and not Colors but whatever.

The foundation here is solid in many ways this is better than the adventure games which is still the best Sonic games IMO. I hope they don't fuk it up tho they got something here it just needs improvements and the next one could be goated.

Also, it seems like Sonic Team really liked Nier: Automata cuz every thing from the tone of the story, those boss fights, and the environments was just Nier: Automata up and down but with Sonic:skip:

Yeah I figure the sequel for this game can EASILY be a 9/10 (or even higher) if they just fix some of the glitches and pop in.

The only real complaint I have on this is the camera at times and occasionally the lock on. It's actually fine when you're running for the most part but it can get janky when you're fighting large or multiple opponents.

rabbitfood

Ancillary Character
Daps
Is Sonic Adventure 2 the last time there was a sequel to a 3D Sonic game? I ask because Sonic Team is the type to go back to the drawing board with the next game, instead of building upon this foundation.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
What systems y’all got this game on? Sonic Forced looked good on Switch and this game looks good on Switch too. However I’m considering getting it for XSX or PS5.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
What systems y’all got this game on? Sonic Forced looked good on Switch and this game looks good on Switch too. However I’m considering getting it for XSX or PS5.
The game does not look good on the switch

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
They 60 fps Mode is only on PC, PS5 and XSX so I’ll probably just get this shyt on XSX since it’s collecting dust.