Sonic Frontiers (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (November 8, 2022)

taker597

Superstar
Daps
So does the game get repetitive a lot or is it fun overall? Most likely going to pick this up, haven’t bought a main line game since Generations.
It's an open world collectathon/ obstacle course.

So, it's probably best you don't try to binge game it. It's the kind of game where you just keep playing and playing an it's fukking 2:41 am. I highly recommend taking breaks.

It's really chill game with some really brilliant and mediocre stuff. The open world freedom of Sonic just hits differently.

This is like if Spyro made a huge open world game. This is that.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Made it to the second island.

Raising my current rating to an 8.5, this is really dope. There are some minor camera annoyances, the the lock on is a little spotty at times, but other than that I have no complaints. This open zone stuff is great, feels like there's always something to do.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
So, I take it that the overall sentiment of the game is this game is Gen Z version of Sonic Heroes, where the game is liked by those who played it despite its flaws, while there are those who don't like it, but won't say it's the worst 3D game of the series.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So, I take it that the overall sentiment of the game is this game is Gen Z version of Sonic Heroes, where the game is liked by those who played it despite its flaws, while there are those who don't like it, but won't say it's the worst 3D game of the series.

No, it's closer to this gen's Sonic Adventure.

Sonic Heroes really isn't even in the same league. The people who don't like this are mostly people that just generally dislike Sonic games.