Somebody MUST go, changes MUST be made: Official Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get Warford. Oline needs overhaul. Then get a right tackle free agent. Round 3 get a d tackle and RAMBO!

baltimore

Pro
Daps
dozed off on the draft and clippers game.. god damn that pick was underwhelming.. never even heard of this dude but fukk it.. wanted OL got OL.. comments on him from scouts paint him as somewhat special

eric reid going with the pick we gave up did make me :snoop: but we straight.. liking the approach to take advantage of this deep safety class and we got that rookie last year who barely got any field time that we dont want to waste so fukk it.. rb, g and dt

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Travis Frederick

Wisconsin
OCDallas
from San Francisco
What he brings: Frederick is a nasty, versatile interior lineman who also has experience at guard. He is an effective hand-fighter who locks on and has the power base to create movement once in position. In terms of pass protection, he can anchor against power and masks his athletic limitations with sound footwork. It should also come as no surprise that a Wisconsin offensive lineman who can play multiple positions has great football IQ and rarely loses because of mental mistakes.

How he fits: This was obviously a need pick to fill the biggest weakness of this offense from a year ago. The only quality offensive lineman the Cowboys can count on right now is left tackle Tyron Smith. A combination of injuries and inconsistency devastated this group a year ago, which is really disappointing, considering they thought they had fixed their interior problems. What's even more alarming about this offensive line is the fact that Tony Romo's agility allows him to take fewer sacks and hits than most quarterbacks. Frederick will have a chance to step in and start at any of the three interior positions.

:ehh:

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
I honestly think they'll have work at G his first year and slide over to C next year....last year Costa wasn't bad when he was healthy....

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only olinemen they wanted at 18 was cooper or Warmack. Neither were going to get there. There wasn't anybody else out there at that value. I would have pissed if we drafted Pugh. I also think Travis is better than Barrett Jones.

That could have drafted any position that they had a need for, if they was going to draft a 3rd round talent player.

If you knew a player that you wanted was going to be in the late 2nd round to 3rd round. Then why not address another need with the 18 or 31? :yeshrug:

O-Line is not the only position that the Cowboys need to address.

Was you expecting the Cowboys to draft seven O-Linemens in this draft? :yeshrug:the

bigblue99

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
If this dude is there @ 47 you have to take him

20121129_kkt_ad1_180.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That could have drafted any position that they had a need for, if they was going to draft a 3rd round talent player.

If you knew a player that you wanted was going to be in the late 2nd round to 3rd round. Then why not address another need with the 18 or 31? :yeshrug:

Was you expecting the Cowboys to draft seven O-Linemens in this draft? :yeshrug:the

It's not the only position bit it's the most important. Romo ain't shyt so we need to make his situation as comfy as possible. No more journey mem nobodies. Protect him. I'd get defenders with the two third round picks.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Who do you like in the second round brehs? Or with our two third round picks? :ohhh:

Today if we get a DT, S or DE, and another OL I'll be happy...but Jerry is gonna draft Tyler Wilson with one of those 3rd round pick watch :smh:

But I'm not one to get angry at draft picks before they even touch the field ish has never made sense to me :yeshrug: Now half way though the season if Floyd is beasting I'm all for the pitch forks

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago

Drafting a center WAS a need. Some scouts has him as a 2nd round talent. He would not have lasted to the 3rd round, I guarantee that. He is a huge piece in the run game and for Romo to actually have time (still need to shore up the guards and right tackle position). But this was a big step towards solidifying the oline. A safety is not needed over an olineman for this team. Since Cooper and Warmack were gone, I would have drafted Williams and only Williams there at 18.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I think phillip thomas is 5-8 bruh, im not knocking him but that just screams injury prone to me when playing as a hard hitting safety.

As for runing back i think we can get a good one here, personally i like laveon bell. Dude is a workhorse and can take the pounding unlike murray

I'd like to get Bell too. I know about Thomas size but I was just pointing out the potentials on who Dallas may consider.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd like to get Bell too. I know about Thomas size but I was just pointing out the potentials on who Dallas may consider.

Yea i see what your talking about, i would have given my left pinky for warmack to fall to us at 18 tho :to: