Somebody MUST go, changes MUST be made: Official Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
O-line is a bigger need for us right now than D-line by far. Our line was complete garbage last year. They were signing nikkas who worked at Home Depot to play guard :heh:

Drafting a "top 5" DT is great until Romo has 12 milliseconds to throw the ball on 3rd and 25 after being sacked twice.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I totally understand all of that. The problem is that we took a guy we could have just taken in the 2nd round. And if he's gone, then we can just get Barret Jones, who some people have rated higher than Travis Frederick since he played 4 different OLine positions at Alabama.

So instead of getting a blue chip DT and a solid C, we just have a solid C and the "unknown." And you can pretty much assume that the "unknown," won't be a DT with the caliber of a Sylvester Williams or Sharrif Floyd.

Would you trade Floyd/Williams and Frederick/Jones for Frederick and a 3rd rounder? Because that's ultimately the point in question here.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Would you trade Floyd/Williams and Frederick/Jones for Frederick and a 3rd rounder? Because that's ultimately the point in question here.
No, in your hypothetical it'd be either Floyd & Jones or Frederick, a 2nd rounder and the extra 3rd we picked up.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
Or you know, you could actually think for yourself and not just be a mindless clown who follows others blindly! After all, this is a discussion thread about the Dallas Cowboys. Don't be so dumbfounded when people decide to share their thoughts about the latest ongoings at Valley Ranch in this thread. After all, it's the main fukking reason why this thread exists... :aicmon:

Yeah, but all I'm saying is, people who are upset are typically those who follow what draft experts on NFL net and ESPN say as gospel. They've been wrong before. All I'm saying is lets not jump off the bridge yet and assume this is already a failure of a draft because Mike Mayock thinks the dude we took In round one is a third round prospect.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I totally understand all of that. The problem is that we took a guy we could have just taken in the 2nd round. And if he's gone, then we can just get Barret Jones, who some people have rated higher than Travis Frederick since he played 4 different OLine positions at Alabama.

So instead of getting a blue chip DT and a solid C, we just have a solid C and the "unknown." And you can pretty much assume that the "unknown," won't be a DT with the caliber of a Sylvester Williams or Sharrif Floyd.

Stop wasting your time responding to some of these dudes.

I figure out that some of the people on here just like to argue for the sake of arguing.

I understand clearly what you are saying. Why draft a less talented Offensive Lineman at 31, when you could have gotten a more talented Offensive Lineman at 18.

Also, the Offensive Lineman you got at 31. You could have waited to the 2nd or 3rd round to draft him. :yeshrug:

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA

I figure out that some of the people on here just like to argue for the sake of arguing.

I understand clearly what you are saying. Why draft a less talented Offensive Lineman at 31, when you could have gotten a more talented Offensive Lineman at 18.
Like who? Kyle Long? Justin Pugh?

We got a guy just as talented as those two, only we traded down and picked up an extra 3rd in a draft that's going to have plenty of talent in the mid-rounds.

Also, the Offensive Lineman you got at 31. You could have waited to the 2nd or 3rd round to draft him. :yeshrug:
YOU DON'T FUKKING KNOW THAT... some of you sounding like this is your first time following a draft.

Stop taking Mel Kiper and Mike Mayock's draft boards as gospel. Those "draft experts" are fukking clueless as to what the 32 teams' real draft boards look like.
Kiper got ZERO picks right in his final mock draft. ZERO. He doesn't know shyt.

Oh, and the Cowboys had Frederick rated #22 on their board.

So keep bytching about it being a reach.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh

Who the fukk was available O-Line wise at 18? Cooper? Gone. Warmack? Gone. Fluker? Gone.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who the fukk was available O-Line wise at 18? Cooper? Gone. Warmack? Gone. Fluker? Gone.

That could have drafted any position that they had a need for, if they was going to draft a 3rd round talent player.

If you knew a player that you wanted was going to be in the late 2nd round to 3rd round. Then why not address another need with the 18 or 31? :yeshrug:

O-Line is not the only position that the Cowboys need to address.

Was you expecting the Cowboys to draft seven O-Linemens in this draft? :yeshrug:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like who? Kyle Long? Justin Pugh?

We got a guy just as talented as those two, only we traded down and picked up an extra 3rd in a draft that's going to have plenty of talent in the mid-rounds.

YOU DON'T FUKKING KNOW THAT... some of you sounding like this is your first time following a draft.

Stop taking Mel Kiper and Mike Mayock's draft boards as gospel. Those "draft experts" are fukking clueless as to what the 32 teams' real draft boards look like.
Kiper got ZERO picks right in his final mock draft. ZERO. He doesn't know shyt.

Oh, and the Cowboys had Frederick rated #22 on their board.

So keep bytching about it being a reach.

It's just sports breh. It's not that serious. Maybe you need to get a life since you are getting emotional over entertainment.

That could have drafted any position that they had a need for, if they was going to draft a 3rd round talent player.

If you knew a player that you wanted was going to be in the late 2nd round to 3rd round. Then why not address another need with the 18 or 31? :yeshrug:

O-Line is not the only position that the Cowboys need to address.

Was you expecting the Cowboys to draft seven O-Linemens in this draft? :yeshrug:the

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
it's not that I'm mad they picked a center...and who knows...Frederick could become a beast

I have a bigger problem with them trading down and then panic reaching for a guy with second round value because they thought Slyvester Williams would fall to them and he didn't

I thought they didn't get enough in the trade...but I wasn't going to be mad if they got Williams because I actually liked him a lot and thought he was just as good as the other top tier defensive tackles...however that gamble failed and they just decided to pick the guy they had lined up to take in the second round

and you can say I don't know that's what happened...and that's fine I don't care if you believe me...but that's what happened.

Daps
Reppin
The Bar
This nikka Jerry Jones is turning into Al Davis right in front of our eyes. I have been a cowboy fan since I was 7 I’m sick of this shyt. Another GODDAMN reach for an unknown we could have gotten in the second round. If this was Trent Baalke or Ozzie Newsome I would have faith in this pick, but we have Jerry Jones and his retard son thinking they are Bill Polian or Bill Belichick. These nikkas know nothing about drafting players they think the Cowboys can be built like a fantasy team.

I’m fukking done! I know I’m just one man, and Jerry won’t miss my money but I’m not wasting one more GODDAMN dime on merchandise or going to a game at the Jerry dome until he is gone as GM.

We will not win anything as long as he is our GM he has to give it up. I used to laugh at Raider fans looking at their owner drag them deep into the abyss. Now that old Al is dead we have his reincarnation down in Dallas. I’m not a religious man, but if there is a God I beg him to stop this fukkery.:snoop:

Hammer

Banned
Daps
travis frederick?

wtfjaguars.gif

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
So they make one pick you don't agree with, and now they suck at evaluating talent? Claiborne, Bryant, Lee, Murray, Carter etc were all bad picks? Us not winning a Super Bowl proves this?

Help me out here, I'm having trouble following yall :whew:
Jerry that your breh? You and the monkey cosigning are stupid as fukk. nikka named 5 fukking picks name all them fukking duds they done picked then get back to me. Just like I said in the post you quoted if they track record overall was better they would have more leeway but they stink so they don't but keep being emotional non reading ass fan that can't comprehend that. I can't believe this nikka named 5 nikkas like we don't have way more duds we drafted and yes good drafting teams are usually the best teams year after year.