Somebody MUST go, changes MUST be made: Official Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
I'm not trying to give Jerry the benefit of the doubt, but I think he and his staff has better inclination of the worth of this center at that spot. We need O line, we assessed it. Who knows if we really could've got it at 47. There's probably a reason Floyd fell that far. I just wish we would've took Elam or Reid instead but it is what it is.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
Mayock has him with a third round grade...just...I hate you Jerruh...please sell the team

but at least this dude probably isn't worse than terrible ass Costa

Mike Mayock aint all that, breh. He sounds like he knows a lot but I don't believe his shyt as much as everyone else.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
I'm not trying to give Jerry the benefit of the doubt, but I think he and his staff has better inclination of the worth of this center at that spot. We need O line, we assessed it. Who knows if we really could've got it at 47. There's probably a reason Floyd fell that far. I just wish we would've took Elam or Reid instead but it is what it is.

I think Elam is overrated. He's a "miss the easy tackle going for the killshot" type.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
So let me get this right...we hating on Jerry for finally picking OL in the draft and not some nikkas off the street? I can guarantee dude won't be snapping the shyt over Romo's head and dude was the highest prospect Center in the draft. You pick the best player on the board...we needed a OL player...we got it done. I heard we could have made a trade with the Vikings for more picks, but damn some nikkas are aggy.:pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
So let me get this right...we hating on Jerry for finally picking OL in the draft and not some nikkas off the street? I can guarantee dude won't be snapping the shyt over Romo's head and dude was the highest prospect Center in the draft. You pick the best player on the board...we needed a OL player...we got it done. I heard we could have made a trade with the Vikings for more picks, but damn some nikkas are aggy.:pachaha:

Voice of reason, thank you.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Basically fukk dude talking bout? If we were good at doing this shyt nobody would say nothing but we're not so we going to criticize it simple and plain. Well what do we do tommorow?

So they make one pick you don't agree with, and now they suck at evaluating talent? Claiborne, Bryant, Lee, Murray, Carter etc were all bad picks? Us not winning a Super Bowl proves this?

Help me out here, I'm having trouble following yall :whew:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Our next pick better be the best available O or D line player available. Hopefully it'll help with DeMarco's health and help Claiborne and co. :wow:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
No. We're hating on Jerry for his ineptness when it comes to drafting. When our turn arrives with the 18th pick, all the OGs and OTs we could have possibly targeted are gone. Sucks, but it is what it is, since there was a serious run on O-linemen at the beginning of the draft.

Onto our next big needs: Defensive Tackle and Safety.

Oh, what's that? Sharrif Floyd, a top 5 talent and highest rated DT has slipped to 18?:ooh: Even if you think we should still go O-line, he's the BPA AND fills a position of need!

Nah, fukk that. Why pick an immediate starter when you can basically trade out of the first round (31st pick is basically an early 2nd...) and pick up a 3rd!!! While the Patriots are getting 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th round picks for a LATE first rounder (29 overall) from Minnesota, we relinquish our mid-first round pick so we can move down 13 spots and pick up a 3rd rounder. :leostare::dwillhuh::aicmon:

If getting fleeced that thoroughly isn't bad enough, we end up taking a guy that would have been there AT LEAST a full round later, if not 2 rounds later. This kind of stupidity reeks of the Quincy Carter pick, where we draft a guy who would have been available later in the draft. Cowboys need immediate starters at 2-3 OLine positions, DT, and both Safety positions. So instead of taking an impact player (Elam, Cyprien, Floyd, Williams, any of the OGs taken after Cooper and Warmack), we pick a guy with a 2nd/3rd round grade.

Go ahead and convince yourself that this is okay, but the fact of the matter is is that we could have filled another position of need with a higher quality player and STILL have gotten either Travis Frederick or Barret Jones later to fill out the C position.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
Wannabe experts need to shut up. The draft isn't won on day one. Its not worth arguing about until they've played on the field. Remember Vernon Ghoston was a top 5 pick, what the fukk happened to him? Its not an exact science, y'all, and sometimes you just gotta have faith in your organization, even if they've given you no reason to.

I don't know, maybe I'm the eternal optimist

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Wannabe experts need to shut up. The draft isn't won on day one. Its not worth arguing about until they've played on the field. Remember Vernon Ghoston was a top 5 pick, what the fukk happened to him? Its not an exact science, y'all, and sometimes you just gotta have faith in your organization, even if they've given you no reason to.

I don't know, maybe I'm the eternal optimist

Or you know, you could actually think for yourself and not just be a mindless clown who follows others blindly! After all, this is a discussion thread about the Dallas Cowboys. Don't be so dumbfounded when people decide to share their thoughts about the latest ongoings at Valley Ranch in this thread. After all, it's the main fukking reason why this thread exists... :aicmon:

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
No. We're hating on Jerry for his ineptness when it comes to drafting. When our turn arrives with the 18th pick, all the OGs and OTs we could have possibly targeted are gone. Sucks, but it is what it is, since there was a serious run on O-linemen at the beginning of the draft.

Onto our next big needs: Defensive Tackle and Safety.

Oh, what's that? Sharrif Floyd, a top 5 talent and highest rated DT has slipped to 18?:ooh: Even if you think we should still go O-line, he's the BPA AND fills a position of need!
Floyd was passed on 22 times. Maybe some teams knew something fans and analysts don't know.

Nah, fukk that. Why pick an immediate starter when you can basically trade out of the first round (31st pick is basically an early 2nd...) and pick up a 3rd!!! While the Patriots are getting 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th round picks for a LATE first rounder (29 overall) from Minnesota, we relinquish our mid-first round pick so we can move down 13 spots and pick up a 3rd rounder. :leostare::dwillhuh::aicmon:
We picked up a 3rd and still stayed in the 1st round. Pats moved all the way down to the late 2nd and picked up two mid round picks (fukk a 7th rounder). Not like NE got a much better deal.

I agree that we should've gotten a little more, but we're not talking about much here. Maybe a 4th or 5th.

If getting fleeced that thoroughly isn't bad enough, we end up taking a guy that would have been there AT LEAST a full round later, if not 2 rounds later.
Teams were reaching HEAVILY for O-Lineman.

DJ Fluker? Reeeeach
Kyle Long? Reeeeach
Justin Pugh? Reeeeeach

And you think Frederick, the best Center in the draft, would've been there at #47 ? :stopitslime:

Cowboys need immediate starters at 2-3 OLine positions, DT, and both Safety positions. So instead of taking an impact player (Elam, Cyprien, Floyd, Williams, any of the OGs taken after Cooper and Warmack), we pick a guy with a 2nd/3rd round grade.
And we got an immediate starter.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
We could have gotten an immediate starter at DT or S and still gotten Frederick OR Barret Jones in round 2.

Hell, we could have "reached" for a Guard at the 18th pick and still gotten Frederick or Barret Jones in round 2 or 3.

Jerry Jones has run this franchise into the ground. It's mind boggling that people will sit here and actually defend this guy who's made some of the dumbest decisions in the pro football world this side of Al Davis.

Also, 30 teams passed on Travis Frederick. Maybe there's something other teams and analysts know that Jerry Jones and the Cowboys don't. See what I did there.