Solutions on dealing with heartbreak?

With all details available, is this relationship worth salvaging?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 79 91.9%
  • Possibly (but give reasons)

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
Long story short, I can fill in details as we go along to be more specific but this is the summary:

So, I went out of town for work in November, for two months. While out of town we really started going thru it, which was a continuation of some long standing issues, chiefly, money. I wasn't sending her enough money, I'd twice sent her home money in November and early December. In late-December, right after Christmas, she asked for more money, and I told her no...

And it went downhill from there...

So money has always been one of, if not the, biggest issues in our relationship...

When I told her no, I told her I was done with her reaching in my pockets, I laid out the initial breakup. This is literally December 29. It just happened, we're talking two months...

She didn't like that initially...

We didn't speak for two or three days (January 2), and when we started talking again, it was tenuous but initially respectful. I made the comment that she was still my woman on some lighthearted joking sh!t, and she told me she wasn't. I came back home in January and went over her place and we had a huge, huge argument about our daughter. This is January 21, she told me to leave and I was never welcome at her place again...

From January 21, we had several conversations where we discussed making it work bit nothing official. So technically we've been broken up since December 29. In the time we've talked from that point, she never mentioned this guy...

Fast forward to February 19, and boom. Man answers the door. And he's still there, I just went over on Thursday and he was there...

She's told me in spurts what she's hurt about shyt I've done, chiefly being, I moved an hour away and didn't tell her, she found out thru mutual acquaintances and it was confirmed by my oldest daughter when we went over on January 21; and the fact that in her perception, I've always been stingy about supporting her with money...

There are a few other mentions of grievances and I've aired my sh!t with her too, but those are the two big things she hasn't forgiven me for yet...

In some ways our relationship feels salvageable. But the big elephant to me, is she's refusing to answer my questions about this man. I got a little info on him from a homeboy of mine who knows her, I, and incidentally him. But I've asked her direct questions:

•how long has he been there?
•when did this thing with him start, and how?
•when is he leaving?

Only thing she's offered in retirn is:

he's a "friend", he's giving her money to stay there, she doesn't know when he's leaving, he aint her man and they arent intimate...

She won't answer the first two questions at all and it's hurt me. Like I'm torn in between believing her and allowing her space and time to talk to me, and then, not allowing myself to not get the hint---->ain't no man living with no woman and ain't nothing going on. This part of me is like, take the fukking hint, Rodney...

And it's crushing me emotionally...
Don't believe anything she says about that man at face value. I think you already know this by now but I cant stress it enough. The fact that he was already comfortably in there means this been going on for longer than you know. Keep your head up breh

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Update:

Crashed out today. It didn't "need" to happen but it needed to happen, if yall get my drift.

It's over and now I can start my process of self-healing. Everything I needed to hear was told to me directly by the guy today. Which made for a bad day, and some of you told me don't even go forward with hopes, and yall were right.

When you know, you know. Any other confirmation is just Salt in the wound. And I guess hanging on to the possibility that it isn't what it is, isn't healthy. When you have enough evidence to convict, you have enough evidence to convict...

I'm hurt right now and it was a wild day but I got the finality I needed to finally start bandaging myself and getting the fukk on...

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Here’s the cold hard truth. There’s nothing you can really do. Sure you’ll get a lot of suggestions to workout, see other women, keep yourself busy but in reality those are just heart & mind bandaids. Meaning, the emotional pain is still there underneath it all. You just have to let your mind process it and disconnect over time.

The ONLY thing that helps is time and distance. The longer you go without seeing ANYTHING that reminds you of her the more helpful it is to heal. Try not to slip down memory lane comas thinking of what could’ve been and what you lost.

I was where you were November 2021 to all of last year. It takes time.

Good luck breh. I know how you feel.
Took me roughly 5 years to get over losing my fiance. Time is the only thing that heals true heartbreak.

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
breh we've all been there, I don't think there is any male poster on here who hasn't had to deal with heartbreak.
Not me, call me a narcissist if you want :hubie:

I on the other hand have broken a lot of hearts, being a certified member of handsome gang is not my fault :manny:

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Update:

Crashed out today. It didn't "need" to happen but it needed to happen, if yall get my drift.

It's over and now I can start my process of self-healing. Everything I needed to hear was told to me directly by the guy today. Which made for a bad day, and some of you told me don't even go forward with hopes, and yall were right.

When you know, you know. Any other confirmation is just Salt in the wound. And I guess hanging on to the possibility that it isn't what it is, isn't healthy. When you have enough evidence to convict, you have enough evidence to convict...

I'm hurt right now and it was a wild day but I got the finality I needed to finally start bandaging myself and getting the fukk on...
We've been there before and tried to tell you. She is what she is and now you just need to keep it cordial for the sake of your kid, grieve privately and move forward.

So ol boy been smashing and moved in with your ex :lupe:?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Update:

sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to kill hope

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
i didnt read the details or go through the thread but i just gotta let you know breh theres so many hoes out here :ahh: