Solutions on dealing with heartbreak?

With all details available, is this relationship worth salvaging?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 79 91.9%
  • Possibly (but give reasons)

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
@murksiderock

You need to seek therapy and abstain from having any more kids...

And I mean this sincerely..

Whatever reason you feel she shouldn't get more money doesn't mean she is going to care..

The other children didn't come from her womb which means their needs will never come before her and her child...

Whether that's the reason you tell her no or not, it's going to be the reason she AUTOMATICALLY thinks

Might as well put yourself on papers my guy..cuz you gonna make this way worse and she gonna go nuclear

Fam you already admitted this ain't 100% about your daughter..

You worried about OG knocking it down and it's bothering you..

This shyt is a legit train wreck

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
@murksiderock

Whatever reason you feel she shouldn't get more money doesn't mean she is going to care..

The other children didn't come from her womb which means their needs will never come before her and her child...

Whether that's the reason you tell her no or not, it's going to be the reason she AUTOMATICALLY thinks

Might as well put yourself on papers my guy..cuz you gonna make this way worse and she gonna go nuclear

Child support isn't a concern, she gets more money from me now than she'd get in child support, because I'm already on papers for my first two (I initiated that, by the way). The potential of child support is not an obstacle nor a hindrance...

I didn't want this child with her, which is where our first major conflict arose 2 years ago. I don't want any more kids, I'd be open to it with the right woman so I never say never. But I'm content with my three girls...

I do agree with you that therapy is probably needed for me. I also agree that I never truly grasped that, my kids' needs would never matter the same to her since they aren't hers, until halfway thru our relationship. And when I spoke above of ultimatums we'd have to have to continue our relationship, one of mine is, accepting that I have to have the same role in my oldest kids' lives. That's one of them and she has the right to reject it, but it won't work for me...

You're also correct that I've spent too much brainpower worried about this older dude knocking her down...

Part of a relationship is reaching a compatibility with finances. You may be okay with a woman reaching into your pockets habitually for any reason she wants. I'm not okay with that, and don't have to be okay with that, and that's the one thing here I'm not apologetic of. There's times I could have been more sensitive to what she was asking, financially and otherwise. But her poor management of her own money, and thinking I have to accept her squeezing any dime she can from me, will also be part of the conversation we have on whether the relationship is feasible to continue...

As well as she'll have her own things she'd need assurance on for us to continue...

Which, again, where to some guys it sounds dumb from the surface, I get it. But there's more than just a chance here. The conversations we've already had over the last two weeks, I'd guess we're in a 50/50 state of whether it continues or not. And I'm more accepting of that this morning, that there's a solid chance it doesn't continue, than I was just yesterday and the past few weeks...

I know her, she knows me. It can go either way and I gotta allow it to take the course it's supposed to. Because my ego and pride being hurt is a large part of what I'm feeling...

AceMan

Superstar
Daps
I don't understand the question, do you mean to the woman I'm with?

Your daughter’s safety should be your #1 concern breh

You got a grown man around your daughter and living where she lives?

Your ex must have lost her mind making that decision without you. You don’t even know his name?

How do you know it is safe for your daughter to have this dude around?

@murksiderock
^^^ Here is a prime example of what I mean, @murksiderock

We already know what your EX thinks of you even though you're still trying to claim her.
Where is your PRIDE, breh?!?
full

You really need a trustworthy Breh in your life that can check you and get your mind focused.
You're moving in total naivete and shocked by the results that's happening in your life now.
You're also having multiple kids in these f***ed situationships.

I want you to sit down and actually think about if your daughter was dealing with a man exactly like you and how you would view that man.
THAT'S where you begin healing.

@murksiderock

^^

This too.

TheHonorableOmarSharif

HOLGang President U.N.I.T. Representative
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte by way of Chucktown What
I'm trying, man. Everything else in my life is well. But I didn't see this one coming, not as I near 34 later this year. And it's really, really working me out emotionally...

All I do is work and come home, on my off days I have my girls to keep me busy. But nothing takes my mind off of it and I'm really struggling right now...

Any suggestions are accepted and appreciated, it's rough right now...
Keep living... Free game...

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Child support isn't a concern, she gets more money from me now than she'd get in child support, because I'm already on papers for my first two (I initiated that, by the way). The potential of child support is not an obstacle nor a hindrance...

I didn't want this child with her, which is where our first major conflict arose 2 years ago. I don't want any more kids, I'd be open to it with the right woman so I never say never. But I'm content with my three girls...

I do agree with you that therapy is probably needed for me. I also agree that I never truly grasped that, my kids' needs would never matter the same to her since they aren't hers, until halfway thru our relationship. And when I spoke above of ultimatums we'd have to have to continue our relationship, one of mine is, accepting that I have to have the same role in my oldest kids' lives. That's one of them and she has the right to reject it, but it won't work for me...

You're also correct that I've spent too much brainpower worried about this older dude knocking her down...

Part of a relationship is reaching a compatibility with finances. You may be okay with a woman reaching into your pockets habitually for any reason she wants. I'm not okay with that, and don't have to be okay with that, and that's the one thing here I'm not apologetic of. There's times I could have been more sensitive to what she was asking, financially and otherwise. But her poor management of her own money, and thinking I have to accept her squeezing any dime she can from me, will also be part of the conversation we have on whether the relationship is feasible to continue...

As well as she'll have her own things she'd need assurance on for us to continue...

Which, again, where to some guys it sounds dumb from the surface, I get it. But there's more than just a chance here. The conversations we've already had over the last two weeks, I'd guess we're in a 50/50 state of whether it continues or not. And I'm more accepting of that this morning, that there's a solid chance it doesn't continue, than I was just yesterday and the past few weeks...

I know her, she knows me. It can go either way and I gotta allow it to take the course it's supposed to. Because my ego and pride being hurt is a large part of what I'm feeling...
Homie is beating the guts no doubt, she getting home dikk. Internalize this and go from there, you gotta get that nikka out your woman’s crib and provide what she needs financially, emotionally and physically if you truly want her back. In life we all know what we need to do but let our ego lie to us so we can temporarily feel better. Just decide

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
@murksiderock - I don't want to be an a$$hole but I'm starting to think that you're here just to vent and not looking to get a true solution on this matter. She has shown you the type of woman she is multiple times and you're still looking for reasons to take her back. SHE HAS A MAN THAT SHE BARELY EVEN KNOWS LIVING IN WITH HER AND YOUR KID!!! THAT MOTHERfukkER CAN BE A fukkING PEDO, RAPIST OR ABUSER ON THE LOW AND SHE HASN'T DONE HER DUE DILIGENCE. What time of flashing red flag do you have to see that this woman is not the one to be holding for significant emotional value!!!!

Stop enabling bad behavior on her part by taking her back. You had bytched about her for years on here and we all keep telling you to move the fukk on and focus on your seed. You are the reason that you are stressing out because you are hoping for a fantasy ending when reality keep staring you in the face. The only way that she is going to change is when she wants it and she have no incentive to do it since your ass keep taking her back for fukked up behavior.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
@murksiderock - I don't want to be an a$$hole but I'm starting to think that you're here just to vent and not looking to get a true solution on this matter. She has shown you the type of woman she is multiple times and you're still looking for reasons to take her back. SHE HAS A MAN THAT SHE BARELY EVEN KNOWS LIVING IN WITH HER AND YOUR KID!!! THAT MOTHERfukkER CAN BE A fukkING PEDO, RAPIST OR ABUSER ON THE LOW AND SHE HASN'T DONE HER DUE DILIGENCE. What time of flashing red flag do you have to see that this woman is not the one to be holding for significant emotional value!!!!

Stop enabling bad behavior on her part by taking her back. You had bytched about her for years on here and we all keep telling you to move the fukk on and focus on your seed. You are the reason that you are stressing out because you are hoping for a fantasy ending when reality keep staring you in the face. The only way that she is going to change is when she wants it and she have no incentive to do it since your ass keep taking her back for fukked up behavior.

This is how people are breh

“Man these dudes don’t know her like I do, the connection we have. I know we are meant to be together”

Only taking the advice of those one in a million type stories

“You should fight for her man, that’s what I did and she saw the errors of her way and now we’re married with four kids and so happy ”

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA

“Man these dudes don’t know her like I do, the connection we have. I know we are meant to be together”

“You should fight for her man, that’s what I did and she saw the errors of her way and now we’re married with four kids and so happy ”
Facts!!!

And the only reason why I'm getting pissed because I've been that love stuck idiot before. These hoes know what they are doing and what they can get away it. I made a vow to never been that weak for a woman again because of my own insecurities. She knows that he got issues and is weaponizing them to hurt him for moving away and not wanting the kid at first. Dude needs to stop loving her and love him first.

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
I know that feeling is hurting right now with your ex. But I think it could have been salvageable if she didn't move another man in the spot.

If y'all do resolve it, that's always gonna play in the back of your mind wondering whether she did or did not do something with him.

That's really poor judgement especially having a child in the home. Whatever that situation is, it's gonna fizzle out and she probably will try to get back with you.

But now you might as well fall back and develop whatever it is you are interested in beyond her. Just keep bettering yourself, health wise, hobbies and being there for your child.

Invest all that time into your kids man- it's gonna help you overcome the stress then one day you gonna value the peace you have in your life. Not worrying about what she doing, how she mishandling her money etc.

You seem pretty logical but right now it's the feelings and emotions you dealing with. Just fall back and get away from the bad vibes you getting with her. Keep it brief with all your interactions. Just get your daughter enjoy her and send her back. Nothing more or nothing less with the ex.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
^^^ Here is a prime example of what I mean, @murksiderock

We already know what your EX thinks of you even though you're still trying to claim her.
Where is your PRIDE, breh?!?
full

You really need a trustworthy Breh in your life that can check you and get your mind focused.
You're moving in total naivete and shocked by the results that's happening in your life now.
You're also having multiple kids in these f***ed situationships.

I want you to sit down and actually think about if your daughter was dealing with a man exactly like you and how you would view that man.
THAT'S where you begin healing.

^^

This too.

Well I'd never want my girls dealing with a man like me because the natural desire is they choose better than me...

But there are positive elements of myself that I think they can take that are wonderful in a mate. I don't think I'm a bad guy...

Homie is beating the guts no doubt, she getting home dikk. Internalize this and go from there, you gotta get that nikka out your woman’s crib and provide what she needs financially, emotionally and physically if you truly want her back. In life we all know what we need to do but let our ego lie to us so we can temporarily feel better. Just decide

I agree with this. And I just think for me, I can develop myself independently but also understand there's a chance we can reconcile. That also means I understand there's a chance we won't...

Facts!!!

And the only reason why I'm getting pissed because I've been that love stuck idiot before. These hoes know what they are doing and what they can get away it. I made a vow to never been that weak for a woman again because of my own insecurities. She knows that he got issues and is weaponizing them to hurt him for moving away and not wanting the kid at first. Dude needs to stop loving her and love him first.

First off, I appreciate you two. This sequence of posts does highlight where I an now, yall read me right. I may very well be stuck on stupid, this idea that she and I are the ones who can overcome this mess...

I can tell you've been thru something and trust me your advice is helping. In general I think of myself as a guy who loves myself. But I can't really disagree with the outlook that I'm representing in this situation as someone who doesn't love myself enough, I'm exalting her when I shouldn't be. I get that part of it and don't know how I got here...

It's that "well there's a chance" shyt fukking with me...

I know that feeling is hurting right now with your ex. But I think it could have been salvageable if she didn't move another man in the spot.

If y'all do resolve it, that's always gonna play in the back of your mind wondering whether she did or did not do something with him.

That's really poor judgement especially having a child in the home. Whatever that situation is, it's gonna fizzle out and she probably will try to get back with you.

But now you might as well fall back and develop whatever it is you are interested in beyond her. Just keep bettering yourself, health wise, hobbies and being there for your child.

Invest all that time into your kids man- it's gonna help you overcome the stress then one day you gonna value the peace you have in your life. Not worrying about what she doing, how she mishandling her money etc.

You seem pretty logical but right now it's the feelings and emotions you dealing with. Just fall back and get away from the bad vibes you getting with her. Keep it brief with all your interactions. Just get your daughter enjoy her and send her back. Nothing more or nothing less with the ex.

I appreciate this, brother!

Like hell it does
You just learn to live with it

Time healed the heartbreak of prior relationships and family/childhood trauma for me. It'll heal me here too, I think...

The biggest thing that fukks with me here is knowing how well I've treated this woman. Not perfectly, certainly. But I treated this woman well and to see it take the route it's taken has fukked with me, it's like I could understand it better of I was a complete piece of shyt to her...

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
@murksiderock

There’s no definitive answer

I went through a tough situation post break up with an ex that i proposed to

She was in Columbus i was in Marietta

Stuff stopped adding up

When we broke up, i did the break up, and it took me forever to get past that

Time is the only thing that helps you move past things,