Solo Is Set To Become The First Ever Bomb In Star Wars

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Hopefully they learn from this.

I thought it was a decent movie but wasn’t needed for the franchise. I never cared for Han Solo and didn’t feel like he had a big enough draw to make a movie on. Vader and maybe obi wan and yoda can draw interest for a stand alone film.

They should go the rogue one route and focus on events rather than characters.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its disney. Fixing what isnt broken and disfiguring IPs for the sake of pandering and cash grabbing.

Nobody asked for a han solo movie, they just wanna sell a bunch of chewbacca toys and make a black character gay.

Nobody asked for a jedi-less star wars universe

Like if they wanted to make this universe their own, they could easily just set all their movies at the far end of a timeline and build out new a universe of events. Its fukkin space, the possibilties are limitless.

Disney IPs just dont have that sort of love and dedication to them as stories, just heavy handed political agendas stirred into obvious cash grabs. You look at these movies as finished products and you can tell what went wrong and what was prioritised.

They focused on making rey an empowered independent beacon of femalekind who is better than any man at anything but forgot to make her intresting or relateable, now nobody male or female likes her.

Makes a more diverse cast for representation at the expense of all of them being shallow as fukk.

Make a SW movie meant to shock the fanbase but forget to make it enjoyable as well.

Its like disney has gotten so big and so corporate they forgot all the soul that got them where they were to begin with

Marvel been carrying disney for a while

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I haven’t seen it but have been arguing with the white girls at my job about why this movie shouldn’t even exist. Now they made Lando gay? :hhh: I’m flaming the fukk out of them at work tomorrow

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Nope. You think they filmed and marketed Get Out for only $5 million?:francis:

It was probably less than that. Get Out was a film in which WOM propelled it, THEN additional marketing was added on. So marketing was not apart of it's initial budget outside of what was used for that first trailer.

By the way, marketing is never included in the production budget. The production budget is literally how much it cost to produce the film. Marketing is tacked on afterwards.

Technically, you're right. It's not part of the production budget. But it is still part of the budget. They separate it on the books so that they know where they can cut costs with the next project. But they will also separate salaries from the production budget as well, and also miscellaneous (for crazy ish like riders and accompanying the star actor). Every singe expense is separated, or in separated groups. Like, they may include Travel as part of the star's salary, if he flies PJ, or they could include it with Travel expenses. But marketing, except for actor press/promo runs are included in the budget. They're all deducted before you see your profit. It doesn't matter how they want to release their info to the pubic, how they word it, when the accountant looks at it, it's all the same (project).

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
That’s what they get for making Lando pansexual.

:snoop: Lando was written as a ladies man (that's why they cast Billy Dee Williams) who even tried to hit on Princess Leia. Now they put out this bullshyt movie where he is pansexual and is the only main character without a love interest. I'm glad this movie bombed, they were prepping Lando for some fukkery that only Hollywood could think up.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
They would have made a ton of money if they took solo's story right from the books. The story was really good.
if you got time read those series by A.C. Crispin I think the author was?
oh shyt, I thought they based this on those books. As if I needed another reason why I'm not seeing this BS
I was pissed off thinking, how the fawk could they have screwed up the film adaptation from such great books. But these are new stories.smh

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
one of the toughest things is to play someone else who is beloved and is one of a kind...how do you recreate a young Harrison Ford...I didn't see it to know if he did a good job

but the actor looked fukking short and uncharismatic from what i've seen

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:mjlol:

IW will be only the 4th film ever to hit 2 billi and is Marvel’s highest ever grossing film.

The shift has happened - MCU is currently the biggest movie franchise.

Marvel got the juice now :wow:
Doesn't change the fact it's legs have been negatively effected by deadpool and solo.:hubie:

You can quite literally look at the daily box office and see the change when those films came out.

Try to turn down your stanning for one second.