Sohh with Spider Man bushed who’s going to be the poster boy for the MCU?

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Wandavision is looking kinda :patrice: check out the new poster. based on the comic arc, but i'm still not sure what to expect.

Wandavision-poster-1200x676.jpg

but props that they seem to be going all in.

House of M adaptation, will help explain/introduce mutants.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Wandavision is looking kinda :patrice: check out the new poster. based on the comic arc, but i'm still not sure what to expect.

Wandavision-poster-1200x676.jpg

but props that they seem to be going all in.

Show is about to be dope as fukk....look at her shadow in the background with the OG helmet.

She's gonna create an alternate sitcom reality where Vision and her live happily ever after. Multi-verse fukkery ensues. Obviously Dr. Strange has to clean up after her, which is why she's in his next movie and it's about the multi-verse.

After that they can pretty much do whatever they want. Introduce mutants, the Fantastic Four, etc.

Fred.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Show is about to be dope as fukk....look at her shadow in the background with the OG helmet.

She's gonna create an alternate sitcom reality where Vision and her live happily ever after. Multi-verse fukkery ensues. Obviously Dr. Strange has to clean up after her, which is why she's in his next movie and it's about the multi-verse.

After that they can pretty much do whatever they want. Introduce mutants, the Fantastic Four, etc.

Fred.

I'm more interested in WandaVision than anything honestly lol, seems like people are sleeping on how ill that shyt is about to be.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm more interested in WandaVision than anything honestly lol, seems like people are sleeping on how ill that shyt is about to be.

Yeah somebody made a thread asking "what Phase 4 info are you most excited about?" and literally no one said that show. Which is crazy to me, especially considering this is the most obvious inroad into the X-Men and mutants in general.

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i don't know. i have to see it first. it could be the best show or the worst show ever just based on how out there it is.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Marvel is not stupid enough to let Spiderman go like that. They'll renegotiate later on in the year most likely or early 2020.

This. Even if it's a deal to let them use the character again on the side for a fee.

Spidey is Marvel's biggest character and an icon. They aren't THAT stupid. :snooze:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
i don't know. i have to see it first. it could be the best show or the worst show ever just based on how out there it is.

Outside of secret wars it's probably the most requested story-line from the fans, they could def fumble it but I don't think it's likely.

This. Even if it's a deal to let them use the character again on the side for a fee.

Spidey is Marvel's biggest character and an icon. They aren't THAT stupid. :snooze:

Someone made the analogy in the other thread concerning Spider-man that the MCU is the dream team...and Spidey is Michael Jordan.

Though obviously the biggest attraction on the roster, you remove him and they're still the dream team.

It would be in both companies best interests to get a deal done, the issue is Sony is THAT stupid and his being headed up by people that put Spider-man on ice twice and devalued several other Marvel properties.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
There's not going to be another 10 year saga. Feige already said they are only doing smaller arcs from now on. 5 years....maybe.

And Spider-Man was never going to be the face of the MCU going forward....they already announced every Phase 4 movie or TV series he wasn't even on the time line.

So nah, the plan was never to have him be that important to the MCU. It sucks they lost him but I'm sure in the back of their minds they probably entertained the thought that it would happen.

Fred.
Disney was pretty smart about it. Spider-man for all the mcu-poster-boy talk is not integral to anyone's movie nor necessary to mention even if he were still around. GotG 3, DS2, CM2, BP2, Thor 4, Blade, Eternals, Shang-Chi... all got their own characters to worry about and had minimal if any interaction with Parker. It was really only Ironman... who they planned to kill off anyway.. and that aligned perfectly with the Spidey contract.

Not to mention i dunno what poster boy means here. I mean, Ironman was the posterboy because of box office. They saw audiences (1) went to RDJ's movie, (2) no-showed Evans movie, and (3) said Hemsworth's movie was trash... so RDJ was the guy going forward.

Well of the future movies i listed, they got 4 movie franchises that do 800 million+, two of which did over a billion apiece. Disney can slap em all on a poster and only the internet will act like they're in trouble.