Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Wow my dude. As a fellow aspiring game developer I must applaud your amazing work. I'm still trying to get the grips with pixel art myself, haha. What engine are you using to develop your game? I personally use GM Studio.

Thanks breh. The course I linked goes through drawing that scene so I just followed along. I also animated the character but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. For pixel art I highly recommend a drawing tablet. You can get by with a mouse but the tablet feels better/more natural.

Unity 3D is probably the most popular engine for indie devs. So I'll continue to use that for now.

Going to take some time , but I'm looking to have the game look similar to hyper light drafter or mother bleeds Russia.

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
So any brehs that are struggling with javascript NEED to check out this video series. I ran through it in one day and I feel like I finally am starting to grasp javascript. I was able to add some javascript to my rails app and make it much more interactive. Just a little bit of js knowledge can go a long way towards making your app more user-friendly. What you'll build

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Thanks breh. The course I linked goes through drawing that scene so I just followed along. I also animated the character but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. For pixel art I highly recommend a drawing tablet. You can get by with a mouse but the tablet feels better/more natural.

Unity 3D is probably the most popular engine for indie devs. So I'll continue to use that for now.

Going to take some time , but I'm looking to have the game look similar to hyper light drafter or mother bleeds Russia.
props on that Udemy pixel art link, I was looking for some stuff like this.
:wow:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I really wish I had more hours in the day. Too many topics to cover and so little time.

Breh who you telling. My curiosity to try so many different things has kept me from completing projects. I'm great at starting things, horrible at finishing them. Right after I made my post about game programming, the next day I picked up a book on Data Compression. Lol.

Data Compression is a hot topic that goes under the radar( I assume because it's all Math, nobody talks about it ). Imagine if you came up with a technique to compress data even more? You'd be a millionaire over night. It's a topic that covers all parts of computing ( games , medical apps , Mobile , networking etc ). Things like this get me excited.

I just need to find a way to stay on one thing . Lol

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Breh who you telling. My curiosity to try so many different things has kept me from completing projects. I'm great at starting things, horrible at finishing them. Right after I made my post about game programming, the next day I picked up a book on Data Compression. Lol.

Data Compression is a hot topic that goes under the radar( I assume because it's all Math, nobody talks about it ). Imagine if you came up with a technique to compress data even more? You'd be a millionaire over night. It's a topic that covers all parts of computing ( games , medical apps , Mobile , networking etc ). Things like this get me excited.

I just need to find a way to stay on one thing . Lol

Staying focused is one of the hardest things. One day I'm dabbling with data structures and algorithms. The next day I'm looking at math. The next day, I'm on Javascript... then I might look at C#, etc. etc. It's especially difficult to stay focused since a general book on something like data structures and algorithms have books that are nearly 1000 pages long, if not longer.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Took a break from Javascript today to focus on some design principles. I should've bought Adobe's Master Collection before they went the cloud route. Now the software disks are going for nearly 2 G's now.

Username

The Fly (1836)
Daps
Reppin
MANHATTAN
Took a break from Javascript today to focus on some design principles. I should've bought Adobe's Master Collection before they went the cloud route. Now the software disks are going for nearly 2 G's now.
:rudy::rudy::rudy:

You better head on over to the "bay".

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
:rudy::rudy::rudy:

You better head on over to the "bay".
I'm thinking about it. I just don't want the headache of having to install that shyt with a ton of patches and product key generators.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
One of the things I wanted to know when first starting out to program what was what it like to being a professional programmer? Learning from the books vs learning on the job are like 2 different worlds. So from time to time I'll post technology that you probably wouldn't hear about unless you were already in the field. So today Microsoft came to my job to give a presentation on the following :

SonarLint

Basically it's a tool for code quality aka make your code better. You can setup a server with programming rules and send the rules out to everybody on your team.

Best of all , the tool is FREE! Unlike Resharper..lol

Double J

Banned
Daps
Any Java developers in here that have used JavaFX for their GUIs? I'm just learning it now and I gotta say it's huge a improvement visually over Swing, which was looking like it was stuck in the Windows XP days.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Does anybody know of any bootcamp-like/intern opportunities that DON'T cost a year's tuition or require x-years of experience? shyt is rough out here if you're new & trying to enter the field. Everybody ain't able :mjcry:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Does anybody know of any bootcamp-like/intern opportunities that DON'T cost a year's tuition or require x-years of experience? shyt is rough out here if you're new & trying to enter the field. Everybody ain't able :mjcry:

Teach yourself. It's what I did. Go through several books and put up portfolio of your work.