Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

FSP

Banned
Daps
That's wassup. I'm focusing on Javascript at the moment and I should be job ready for a Jr. Dev role in a few months. Udemy has some great courses on Python and if you got some bread Team treehouse is a good resource to look at. They have an entire Python track for you to follow.

Good shyt.
Vanilla JS? What frameworks are you comfortable with.

Is anyone out here familiar enough with js can help me with a quick beginner problem regarding Angular/Express routing?

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Vanilla JS? What frameworks are you comfortable with.

Is anyone out here familiar enough with js can help me with a quick beginner problem regarding Angular/Express routing?
Yeah, I'm currently learning Vanilla but I'm familiar with Node.js. I haven't looked into Angular yet but the breh @kevm3 is an Angular developer so I'm sure he can help you out.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Visual Basic.NET a decent language to jump into and get a feel for programming?
I think so, but I would recommend you start with python. Python is easy to read and you be learning the one of the most popular languages out.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Change $scope.formData to a string as a test
$scope.formData = 'test'

I don't see where exactly the formData variable is getting populated

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I think so, but I would recommend you start with python. Python is easy to read and you be learning the one of the most popular languages out.

Most .NET projects are going to be in C#. Hell Microsoft is not even that invested in VB like they used to be.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Yep. I wouldn't say vb.net is a complete waste of time, but you're not going to do much with it unless you're messing around with some legacy backend or you're doing some kind of excel macro programming. C# is a much better option for modern day programming imo.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's hard to find Black programmers where I am, the only people I know/are friends with who program with any kind of ambition are Asian :snoop:
I need to expand this somehow