Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

FemiO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i know what you said.

it's actually compiled.

you don't have classical computer science training.

it's obvious.

engineer? in javascript :mjlol:
yeah you're cooked. if you knew what I said you'd know why saying "but all code gets compiled to machine code so technically... :skip:" is a terrible argument

3 degrees worth of debt, 3 degrees worth of less real-world experience and 3 degrees worth of youtube-supplemented knowledge all to get confused about how a programming language can have a superset :mjlol:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
yeah you're cooked. if you knew what I said you'd know why saying "but all code gets compiled to machine code so technically... :skip:" is a terrible argument

it's a perfectly sound inductive argument.

something you would know if you had studied formal logic.

you do know what actually runs on processors right mr. engineer?

NB. i used the term reduce because it's really a turing reduction from one machine to another.

Turing reduction - Wikipedia

and reduce covers all forms of code translation as it reduces to the common normal form (binary).
3 degrees worth of debt

nah. grants paid for my first two degrees. at two top 12 global unis no less.

i am paying cash for the 3rd one.

i don't owe 1 red cent.

language can have a superset :mjlol:

meaning that

C++ (a superset) is the same language as C?

Kotlin (a superset) is the same language as Java?

SGML is HTML.

ksh is sh.

Transact sql is ansi sql.

delusional :mjlol:
this ain't TLR e-grow :camby:

FemiO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
C++ (a superset) is the same language as C?

Kotlin (a superset) is the same language as Java?
oh yeah? bet, give me one second...:ufdup:

From C++ creator:

"In the strict mathematical sense, C isn't a subset of C++. There are programs that are valid C but not valid C++ and even a few ways of writing code that has a different meaning in C and C++."

C++ is a superset tho :mjpls: and i'm crying at you even bringing up HTML in this, you really have no shame :snoop:

Technically Kotlin fits the description, but the distinction is that Kotlin and Java similarly differ from one another like the above languages, in that their runtime behavior isn't the same. I'm sure COMPSCI 250 taught you this alongside other academic terminology that hasn't helped you build any real software, but in case you forgot: JS and TS dont't fit in that category. ALL JS is valid TS. Without exception, they are the same code at runtime.

So considering that, plus the fact that all your types in Typescript literally disappear at runtime because it's transpiled (which is a key distinction betweeen being compiled like you keep forgetting) to JS and not anything low-level...yes, Typescript IS Javascript. You can't run Typescript code itself. There is no TS source code, or machine code, or bytecode. Even TS runtimes like Deno transpile to JS first.

stop skimming your education g lol you don't write in the languages you're talking about and it shows.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
oh yeah? bet, give me one second...:ufdup:

From C++ creator:

"In the strict mathematical sense, C isn't a subset of C++. There are programs that are valid C but not valid C++ and even a few ways of writing code that has a different meaning in C and C++."

C++ is a superset tho :mjpls: and i'm crying at you even bringing up HTML in this, you really have no shame :snoop:

Technically Kotlin fits the description, but the distinction is that Kotlin and Java similarly differ from one another like the above languages, in that their runtime behavior isn't the same. I'm sure COMPSCI 250 taught you this alongside other academic terminology that hasn't helped you build any real software, but in case you forgot: JS and TS dont't fit in that category. ALL JS is valid TS. Without exception, they are the same code at runtime.

So considering that, plus the fact that all your types in Typescript literally disappear at runtime because it's transpiled (which is a key distinction betweeen being compiled like you keep forgetting) to JS and not anything low-level...yes, Typescript IS Javascript. You can't run Typescript code itself. There is no TS source code, or machine code, or bytecode. Even TS runtimes like Deno transpile to JS first.

stop skimming your education g lol you don't write in the languages you're talking about and it shows.
2/10.

that is not how you address 6 examples e-grow.

my mistake i gave you too much so you are able to hide your ignorance in a muddled gish-gallop.

-

korlin is byte compatible with java. all java is kotlin.

both compile to the same JVM byte code.

but they are not the same languages are they?

your response:

FemiO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2/10.

that is not how you address 6 examples e-grow.

my mistake i gave you too much so you are able to hide your ignorance in a muddled gish-gallop.

-

your response:
breh half of the things you say in your replies aren't worth responding to, like bringing up fukking markup languages and SQL :mjlol:

Kotlin and Java have different features, distinctly different syntax that is more than just adding more on top, different paradigms around architecture and default behavior.

We can continue once you reply to this, ask your seniors at work if you can't wrap your head around it

Typescript IS Javascript. You can't run Typescript code itself. There is no TS source code, or machine code, or bytecode. Even TS runtimes like Deno transpile to JS first.

FemiO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
answer the question. yes or no?

All Java is valid Kotlin? Are you sure? Imma give you one last chance to Google because if I have to answer I'm gonna shyt on you. So take your time :mjpls:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
All Java is valid Kotlin? Are you sure? Imma give you one last chance to Google because if I have to answer I'm gonna shyt on you. So take your time :mjpls:

:mjlol::camby:

we're gonna work our way through this step by step.

i'm a patient guy.

your response:

answer the question.

FemiO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol::camby:

we're gonna work our way through this step by step.

i'm a patient guy.

answer the question.
Ok, let's go step by step.

korlin is byte compatible with java.
Correct, not sure what this has to do with TS and JS but good job :troll:

all java is kotlin.
Damn, that didn't last long

Doesn't get more wrong than this, and it's a core part of your argument? :mjlol:

Can you copy/paste Java code into a Kotlin file with 100% interoperability? No. Does Kotlin accept all Java syntax? No. Is the type inference the same? No. Kotlin won't even compile if you try to use a ternary operator.

Conversely, you can copy JS code into a TS file and compile it as normal. All JS syntax works in TS, fully. The type inference is the same. All TS does is complain if your code is too loose, similar to a linter, but there's no behavior in JS that isn't mirrored in TS. Unlike Kotlin and Java

Nope, they're not. Good thing that has nothing to do with TS being JS

I see all those mathematical proof textbooks are doing you good :skip: Now scram and go finish your finals, and this time I better not see no C's on that report card :ufdup: