Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

FemiO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think this all implies that clicking through (i.e. changing) a java (etc) "monstrosity" is easier because of the help given by the type system.

:hubie:
clicking through being easier is not really a bar worth anything to the argument. fwiw i don't like python but to say it's unusable for production is silly.

btw python has type hints and static type checking available anyway.

FemiO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
although

python >> js

:ehh:
oh so you really don't know what you're talking about then :mjlol:

i'm half-joking but idk how someone can rail on Python for its types and/or lack thereof but say it's better than JS, at least Typescript + modern JS fix 99% of the things people used to complain about

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

i'm half-joking but idk how someone can rail on Python for its types and/or lack thereof but say it's better than JS, at least Typescript + modern JS fix 99% of the things people used to complain about
The fact that either of them exist is a testament to hustlin backwards :scust:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

be unfamiliar with a breh's game brehs :manny:

speak english breddah.

make a direct assertion.

is typescript js?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
clicking through being easier is not really a bar worth anything to the argument. fwiw i don't like python but to say it's unusable for production is silly.

if you really meant aimless :mjlol: "clicking through" code then my apologies.

i wrongly assumed you meant looking at code to actually do work.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
...yes? lmao it inarguably is, I hope you're not tryna suggest otherwise

try janky jedi mind tricks brehs :camby:

i am not "suggesting" they are not the same i am telling you that they are not the same.

"arguably" :mjlol:

have you read js script the good parts?

python does not have a sin list anywhere near as long as that.

FemiO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
try janky jedi mind tricks brehs :camby:

i am not "suggesting" they are not the same i am telling you that they are not the same.

"arguably" :mjlol:

have you read js script the good parts?

python does not have a sin list anywhere near as long as that.

this is what happens when you learn about tech from youtube videos

typescript is JS. you cannot run typescript code, you run JS code because of the transpiler.

that video is FIFTEEN years old and doesn't account for any of the new versions of JS...you a junior dev? lmao

edit: wait I just double checked, this man is using "JS the good parts" to back up his argument, a book that hasn't been relevant to modern JS in a decade :snoop: I thought I was talking to actual engineers in here

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
this is what happens when you learn about tech from youtube videos

i learned tech from 3 university degrees in it. i'm in the middle of the 3rd one.

"Douglas Crockford is an American computer programmer who is involved in the development of the JavaScript language. He specified the data format JSON (JavaScript Object Notation), and has developed various JavaScript related tools such as the static code analyzer JSLint and minifier JSMin.[1] "

and I did ask you if you have read the book.

I have.

typescript is JS. you cannot run typescript code, you run JS code because of the transpiler.

typescript is compiled to javascript but that does not imply what you suggest.

if it did there would only be one language out there, machine code, which all languages reduce to.

that is what happens when you don't study computer science at university brehs :hhh:

that video is FIFTEEN years old and doesn't account for any of the new versions of JS...you a junior dev? lmao

it is the summary of a foundational book.

reading foundational books will help you with the babbling.

-

TL;DR keeping our eye on the prize your claim is that js is typescript. that's horseshyt :camby:

FemiO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i learned tech from 3 university degrees in it.

"Douglas Crockford is an American computer programmer who is involved in the development of the JavaScript language. He specified the data format JSON (JavaScript Object Notation), and has developed various JavaScript related tools such as the static code analyzer JSLint and minifier JSMin.[1] "

and I did ask you if you have read the book.

I have.

typescript is compiled to javascript but that does not imply what you suggest.

if it did there would only be one language out there, machine code, which all languages reduce to.

that is what happens when you don't study computer science at university brehs :hhh:

it is the summary of a foundational book.

reading foundational books will help you with the babbling.

-

TL;DR keeping our eye on the prize your claim is that js is typescript. that's horseshyt :camby:
you're not equipped for this convo shorty lol now that i'm paying attention to your arguments I can see you probably don't even write any code in the languages you're talking about, definitely no enterprise software

also I said TRANSPILED, not compiled :russ: at least keep chatgpt in an other tab if you wanna pretend you know what you're talking about

lastly re: JS the good parts...no I never read it because it was already losing relevance by the time I was a junior. can't believe i'm even talking to someone tryna use "typeof in JS sucks!" as an argument in 2024 :francis:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
edit: wait I just double checked, this man is using "JS the good parts" to back up his argument, a book that hasn't been relevant to modern JS in a decade :snoop: I thought I was talking to actual engineers in here

ok engineer.

why can't javascript ever have static typing whether 5, 10, 20, 30 years without breaking most non-trivial programs?

a question.