Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
Y'all got any notable locations to apply to, :hhh: These companies down south i'm applying to playing too many games.

Networking.

Glassdoor only apply through a company's website not Glassdoor.

Angel list apply to every company that you can through their actual website not Angel List.

Find Software Engineering Jobs apply to every company that you can through their actual website not hired.com.

www.builtinNYC.com and all the other cities list on there.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
Fellas,

Not necessarily programming but does anyone have any links for a crash course in SQL? I have an interview coming up and I need to do as much prep as possible.

Lord willing, If I could nail this job then we talking over 60% increase in pay.

Side note: There have been some dudes eating in this IT field since the early 2010’s :wow:

https://www.udacity.com/course/intro-to-relational-databases--ud197 Udacity is as crash course as it gets.

Then do some SQL problems on HackerRank and LeetcCode

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Fellas,

Not necessarily programming but does anyone have any links for a crash course in SQL? I have an interview coming up and I need to do as much prep as possible.

Lord willing, If I could nail this job then we talking over 60% increase in pay.

Side note: There have been some dudes eating in this IT field since the early 2010’s :wow:

not sure how much time you have but
Jennifer Widom Database course is good : Databases MOOC
Even if you don't have time for that now you might as well take the time to do some real database learning after you complete interviews
honestly the worst kind of questions I get in interviews is stuff like how do you index a table or whats the main difference between stored procedure and functions

I go to this site when I need help on syntax and stuff at work : Oracle Tutorial

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Any fingerless gloves or touchscreen compatible gloves that can be recommended?

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Gonna refresh my mind on python and learn C, fukk these professors tryna teach me java but leaving everything we do in C

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I want to start using Linux because I see alot of jobs ask for experience with it. Any tips or resources brehs ?

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I got some coding assessment from financial firms and it's been consistently "Do something without clear guidelines for result". In this case, I'm parsing webpages with financial information and output for that information in meaningful way.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo since oracles new Java business model we have to upgrade all our apps from jdk8 to jdk11. And it's legit terrible. Half the 3rd party jars (like jacoco)dont even support jdk11 yet, so we out here scrambling to fix this shyt.

LMAOOOO

Pitch this to your boss

jajahoe

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
KIlleen, TX
Only
Since they are having trouble updating the Java libraries the better idea is to rewrite all of their software in another programming language excellent idea :stopitslime:
Only reason we are scrambling is the rest of the Enterprise is going to go so we are the experiment to see the challenges of doing the change

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1uepygh0jm421.jpg

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
One month until I start coding for grad school :hhh:. I am not into coding at all but if it's going to get me a bigger bag and potential create my own successful app, I might as well :yeshrug:.