Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vue.js is already better...

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Learning... </title>
    <script src="https://unpkg.com/vue/dist/vue.js"></script>
  </head>
  <body>

<div id="app">
      <p>{{title}}</p>
    </div>

<script>

new Vue( {

el: "#app",
        data: {

title: "Hello World"
        }
      } ) ;

</script>

</body>
</html>

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They really out here introducing a new JS framework every 7 months. The Job i'm applying for uses knockout, I've barely use this.

Last edited:

Vaulkner

Banned
Daps
Trying to learn React.js....and jesus christ. Such a poorly designed library my god. Many of the frontend jobs ask for React knowledge but this shyt is painful as fukk. It's difficult to remember all of the nuances and quirks in a 6 month time span to do this professionally. And this is coming from a c++ programmer lol. Everyone and their momma recommends using Vue.js but there aren't many job postings that ask for that.

Javascript itself is a shytty quirky, poorly designed language.

Does it really take 6 months to learn react? Ive learned html css and a good deal of basic javascript although i havent done anything on frameworks yet, how close am i to getting gainful employment?

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does it really take 6 months to learn react? Ive learned html css and a good deal of basic javascript although i havent done anything on frameworks yet, how close am i to getting gainful employment?

No. It could take you a month. Or it could take you a year. It depends on the person. The 6 month time frame is a self-imposed rule.

Simply knowing a language isn't enough for gainful employment. You have to study a framework and make a couple websites/apps with it.

They really out here introducing a new JS framework every 7 months. The Job i'm applying for uses knockout, I've barely use this.

Never heard of it.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Knockout is old school... It was popular before AngularJS I believe

Double J

Banned
Daps
Any Java brehs in here need to get up on JavaFX. The power of it is :whew:

The multithreading and concurrency capabilities, property bindings, observable values, integration with XML and CSS (you can really come up with some elegant designs), and dynamic UI changes are all :wow:

I've been delving in web development lately and everything I learned from JavaFX (MVC design, CSS, XML) has served me very well too.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Got an interview for a frontend position, and they asked me if I did any experience in advanced queries, I have having to explain structure of database over the phone.:gucci: not even under job description and if I didnt, it wouldn't take long to do it.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Any Java brehs in here need to get up on JavaFX. The power of it is :whew:

The multithreading and concurrency capabilities, property bindings, observable values, integration with XML and CSS (you can really come up with some elegant designs), and dynamic UI changes are all :wow:

I've been delving in web development lately and everything I learned from JavaFX (MVC design, CSS, XML) has served me very well too.

I haven't done much work with Java packages on web. I'll look into it.

Double J

Banned
Daps
I haven't done much work with Java packages on web. I'll look into it.
It's not just for the web. You can also use it to develop desktop and enterprise applications, mobile apps, games, process 3D graphics and more. That's why it's so :whew:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
It's not just for the web. You can also use it to develop desktop and enterprise applications, mobile apps, games, process 3D graphics and more. That's why it's so :whew:
I made a small application with it a couple of years back. Much better than Swing and AWT :scust:. At any rate, UI/UX isn't my forte, I'll stick to back end.