Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
For my brehs with Computer Science degrees do you think taking 5 CS courses in a semester is doable or would it be suicide . :lupe:

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Figured as much bro lol. After this semester I'm done with all my GEN eds and electives just 12 CS classes left was going to try to rush and get it done might just do 3 a semester and try to learn/build something on my own every semester :patrice::patrice:

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Figured as much bro lol. After this semester I'm done with all my GEN eds and electives just 12 CS classes left was going to try to rush and get it done might just do 3 a semester and try to learn/build something on my own every semester :patrice::patrice:
Unless money is an issue I wouldn't be in a rush to get out there in the real world. Build your portfolio and connections, set yourself up for the best chance at success.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Vs code is best free software. I like webstorm and intellij though for paid

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Thinking about more projects to do when I finish my chip8.
  • The other involves taking a webpage *GUI) , counts all the nouns/verbs/adj and displays a pie chart based on their occurrences.
  • And one that parses twitter urls, allows the user to download pictures and gifs. ( Might do an app instead of desktop program, depending how i feel)

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trying to learn React.js....and jesus christ. Such a poorly designed library my god. Many of the frontend jobs ask for React knowledge but this shyt is painful as fukk. It's difficult to remember all of the nuances and quirks in a 6 month time span to do this professionally. And this is coming from a c++ programmer lol. Everyone and their momma recommends using Vue.js but there aren't many job postings that ask for that.

Javascript itself is a shytty quirky, poorly designed language.