Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
How easy was it for yall to learn Python? This literally the last step in my personal self development. I want to Master Python in two months. I remember hating it programming back in college. But now I am motivated to learn Python 3. I got 5 courses on Udemy I am going to go through. So far so good. It makes more sense now then it did back then lol but I am more mature now.
as recommended
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This logic/coding test got me,:sadcam:, They basically gave modified version of my resume, which is embed with py code. I found it and I don't know the hell to do with it.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Internship will end in about a month. I thoroughly enjoy my time here:mjlit:

I learned a lot more about c++ and see the importance of it :wow:

Time to brush up on my java. letsss git ittttt:mjlit:
Elaborate.

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana

This is crazy

Once you get the basics down they generally transfer to every programming Language. Datatypes, Assignments, expressions, Loops, If statements, conditionals, Comparisons, , functions, arrays, Objects, etc.... I can look at random code in like Ruby or Python and while never formally learning them I can at least have a feel for what's going on

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Once you get the basics down they generally transfer to every programming Language. Datatypes, Assignments, expressions, Loops, If statements, conditionals, Comparisons, , functions, arrays, Objects, etc.... I can look at random code in like Ruby or Python and while never formally learning them I can at least have a feel for what's going on
That's dope, but did you watch the beginning of the video? Every week he's self teaching a different topic via MIT challenge.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
About - Xena Kai

After a couple years of living in Los Angeles, I moved to San Francisco, California to focus on my studies. I quit modeling and I worked towards my Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at the University of San Francisco. A model studying Computer Science? Lol, even I don’t know the answer to that. Surprisingly, I was good at it. I had a 3.9GPA and was one of the top students in every class I took. During my time at school, I developed a search engine, sound editor, ARM emulator, and processor. I know Java, Python, SQL, C (yes, C), and Assembly (yes, that’s right).

Y'all believe her?

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daps

You either have it or you don't. I remember in my computer science classes, a lot of programming concepts coming very easy to me. Other students struggled, and I never understood why they would struggle because for me it was just "oh, just do this and this, it's not hard, why are you struggling?"

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
You either have it or you don't. I remember in my computer science classes, a lot of programming concepts coming very easy to me. Other students struggled, and I never understood why they would struggle because for me it was just "oh, just do this and this, it's not hard, why are you struggling?"
Me personally I switched my major to Computer Science last fall and that first intro course was making no sense. I spent the first couple of months just memorizing syntax for test and it's like I just woke up one day towards the end of the semester and it all just clicked lol

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps

This is false. I agree some people might be more adapt in logical thinking but for the most part if someone puts enough time into any subject they can master it.

That's why I'm always disappointed when black people say they are not good at math. Nah you just don't study.