Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
I'm considering doing some livestreams or something and teach a few things about front end development. Just wondering if anyone was interested.

What would also be dope would be working on a Coli open source project. It would also give people a chance that don't have a portfolio to start on something and learn from more experienced people.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
I'm considering doing some livestreams or something and teach a few things about front end development. Just wondering if anyone was interested.

Sign me up, coach - You never know, man. You may end up doing udemy or YouTube vids.

What would also be dope would be working on a Coli open source project. It would also give people a chance that don't have a portfolio to start on something and learn from more experienced people.

Great idea.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps

This would be cool as well. If people are serious about participating, we can set something up.

he_is_I

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh/Cincinnati
Had my interview today with a coworker, manager and supervisor. I think I did ok... I know the job and the processes they use i just dont have the hands on experience. The coworker got hired after only coding for 6 months so i dont know maybe i might have a chance i couldnt really read if they liked me or not. The interview was for an hr but we were done in half that. I did ask questions but i didnt expect it to end so abruptly. They told me they would let me know in a week or two so we will see. I have a skype interview in the morning with another company so atleast theres that.

On another note does anybody check out coding phase on youtube. He is a real dude and gives a lot of info in developing.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I want to know what are some things you can do with programming/coding? Because my goal is to learn to code.
These days it's probably easier to ask what you can't do with programming knowledge. Damn near everything is controlled with some sort of software.

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/GA
Had my interview today with a coworker, manager and supervisor. I think I did ok... I know the job and the processes they use i just dont have the hands on experience. The coworker got hired after only coding for 6 months so i dont know maybe i might have a chance i couldnt really read if they liked me or not. The interview was for an hr but we were done in half that. I did ask questions but i didnt expect it to end so abruptly. They told me they would let me know in a week or two so we will see. I have a skype interview in the morning with another company so atleast theres that.

On another note does anybody check out coding phase on youtube. He is a real dude and gives a lot of info in developing.

Ive been watching coding phase for a year he's the one who influenced me to get exposed to php and mysql and made me confident enough to apply to jobs

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to know what are some things you can do with programming/coding? Because my goal is to learn to code.

Wow....lol. There's too many things to list. Literally every industry in the modern world relies on computer systems. Someone needs to write the software.

Any ideas for a project? I've actually tried this before but no one could agree on a programming language and a project.