Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Going to have a lot of free time during the summer and I'm interested in learning some programming instead of just sitting around fukkin with thots 24/7. Where should I start? I don't mind paying.I've always been interested in this kind of shyt.

jajahoe

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
KIlleen, TX
This thread had great info. I'm about to start in the industry next month. They starting me off at 70k. How are you guys working environment? Is it casual or business casual?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
This thread had great info. I'm about to start in the industry next month. They starting me off at 70k. How are you guys working environment? Is it casual or business casual?

For the jobs I have been at, everything has been casual, including the dress and the hours. Literally the most freedom I've experienced at a job. Freedom to the point that things felt weird to me.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Going to have a lot of free time during the summer and I'm interested in learning some programming instead of just sitting around fukkin with thots 24/7. Where should I start? I don't mind paying.I've always been interested in this kind of shyt.

start with codecademy.com or freecodecamp.org

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
It's dumbfounding how people will want you to build something for a system you have next to no knowledge of, give you the vaguest requirements they can, then get upset when you're struggling to deliver :guccby: . Like dude you don't even know what you're asking for or how it could even be accomplished.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I'm doing web development on a macbook

do you think I should focus on Web Application development instead of pure mobile? I just want some items in a portfolio and be well rounded form a skillset perspective. Product Management is more my thing than being a dev.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
do you think I should focus on Web Application development instead of pure mobile? I just want some items in a portfolio and be well rounded form a skillset perspective. Product Management is more my thing than being a dev.

Web development is definitely preferable to mobile imo since you can do things like react native that creates native apps based off of web technology. Beautiful thing is that you can use one code base to make both apple and android apps... you can also use that codebase to make desktop apps with electron. On the other hand, if you wanted to use the native language, you'd have to do something like Java, or now Kotlin for android and then swift for apple.