Soccer = Skill and Technique (USA Needs to Understand This)

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
We start getting Russell Westbrook types on the soccer field with borderline elite training from a young age and then we'll see a dramatic change in the team the US is fielding.

Futbol is the world's sport and is fastest trending sport in america. Its gonna happen. Just a matter of when.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
We start getting Russell Westbrook types on the soccer field with borderline elite training from a young age and then we'll see a dramatic change in the team the US is fielding.

Futbol is the world's sport and is fastest trending sport in america. Its gonna happen. Just a matter of when.

This isnt accurate. It's becoming more popular as a spectator sport(especially among the upper class)....but the talent pool is still extremely small. I'm hoping Klinnsman can find more German's with American born military fathers. shyt, every other good team is diversified.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
This isnt accurate. It's becoming more popular as a spectator sport(especially among the upper class)....but the talent pool is still extremely small. I'm hoping Klinnsman can find more German's with American born military fathers. shyt, every other good team is diversified.

But not like that. It shows how weak america is.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
Let me tell you what I think happened to Spain in this world cup...

Spain has been so dominant over the years because of tiki-taka. Since they were so dominant, they got too comfortable and didn't evolve while other teams studied them and developed strategies on how to beat them. Brazil ended up crushing their tiki-taka style in the confederations cup and Bayern Munchen crushed Barcelonas tiki-taka style multiple times in the champions league...

These losses made Spain understand that their current strategy might get them far in the world cup but it won't take them to gold so they completely got rid of tiki-taka in favor of a new strategy. And that's where they made their mistake...

Instead of completely getting rid of tiki-taka, they should've added other elements to their game to become more unpredictable. And they should've done this years ago. Instead, they decided to completely change strategy a couple of months before the world cup. Getting a team to play well with a new strategy takes more than a couple of months.

In short: Spain did not play their normal game in the world cup and that's why they got crushed by every team they played against. Had they played their normal game, they would've gone far but not all the way. They lost because their coach made the wrong decisions.

:whew:
they got knocked out because of the pressure the opponents put on them from the get go,:whew:

Chile and van gaals team(s) are known for pressing the opposition,watch both games back and you will see the intensity chile played with.:ohlawd:

your right about spain switching it up(played with d out n out striker in costa),thats about it

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
The Coli brehs think fielding 11 Papa Boupa Diops would win the World Cup :mjlol:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
the USA does not have a football culture.
you dont see kids playing football on the street at a early age.
im from Holland. i dont claim #teamorange. But Holland has an immense football culture.
kids start at an early age (as soon as they can walk they're kicking against a football). <<< This is what the us is lacking.
if it was me? i would go in all the so called "hoods" and start taking these young boys and girls to practice.
its not all about strategy and skill (skills you learn on the street). you've got to enjoy the game

The American way to everything is through the school system.. Elementary- Middle School- High School- College

No matter what you do whether its athletics to being a scholar this is the system that's been in place in America since day one. If a kid wants to play sports, no matter the sport, its- play for your high school team then get a athletic scholarship to a college then maybe go pro if you're good enough. So a kid getting pulled from elementary and middle school to join a soccer academy is :mindblown::what::mjlol: blasphemy and a foreign concept to the majority of people here in the States. So its really the upholding of a traditional schooling culture as opposed to not having a soccer/football culture here in America. When kids were bypassing college and going straight to the NBA white folks(mostly) were like:pacspit::scusthov: because it went against tradition so later the NBA imposed an age limit for joining the NBA and kids were damn near forced to play at least one year in college before turning pro.

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -

We have a generation of kids currently 5 and younger playing soccer all over the US. Football is going to see a great portion of its talent pool shift to soccer because today's parents are viewing the sport as too violent to participate in. Those kids are going to stick with soccer and I personally know a good number of african american parents who plan on training their kids specifically for the the sport and these are middle class families.

You will see better athletes on the U.S. team in about 8 years.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know it is? I'm just saying... you are crazy to think If Americans wanted to apply themselves in soccer they couldn't be the best. I grew up on soccer, left the states because I couldn't stand so many aspects of the country and even I can admit they could dominate if the applied themselves to the game the way Italy or England do.

where are you from ? I left U.S. for tax reasons....it's still home though

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
We have a generation of kids currently 5 and younger playing soccer all over the US. Football is going to see a great portion of its talent pool shift to soccer because today's parents are viewing the sport as too violent to participate in. Those kids are going to stick with soccer and I personally know a good number of african american parents who plan on training their kids specifically for the the sport and these are middle class families.

You will see better athletes on the U.S. team in about 8 years.

The areas in which parents arent letting their kids play football are the same areas we're getting soccer players from already. And even then you're competing heavily with lacrosse(which I'd argue is growing faster than any sport in the Northeast).

We'll see I guess. It's certainly exploded as a spectator sport in the States during the World Cup...but I havent seen the talent really get all that better from 20 years ago.

4fossa

All Star
Daps
soccer sucks. I'm brazilian and this shyt infestate the whole goddamn country

being a brazilian and having to share the court with futsal unnapreciation

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
soccer sucks. I'm brazilian and this shyt infestate the whole goddamn country

being a brazilian and having to share the court with futsal unnapreciation

Basquete is growing down there right?

My prediction is that your country becomes a world power at basketball in the next 20 years :lupe:

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I saw kids playing Quiddich the other day. Times are certainly changing.