Soccer = Skill and Technique (USA Needs to Understand This)

Rekless Youf

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Miami Made.....L.A. Living
The ignorance in this thread is suffocating. It's like a car crash I can't turn away from.

I'm not going to address the rampant racism and stereotyping of African footballers, as if they are a collection of brainless idiots that run fast and jump high. The issue with African football has more to do with their FA and the development after their teenage years. Why is Nigeria winning the U-17s if the talent isn't their early on? You need to learn what athleticism is. While Xavi might not run as fast as Usain Bolt or jump as high as Lebron James, lets not overlook the dexterity, body control, foot-eye coordination, and endurance it takes to play in the midfield and make him an elite midfielder. Being 5'7 doesn't mean you're a bad athlete it means you're short by American standards. Let's not kid ourselves and play like Messi isn't agile and graceful and can start and stop at insane speeds. Stop putting athleticism in a box and acting like black people are the only ones that have it too. I've seen Russians and Germans win a lot of gold medals and it wasn't for throwing darts. Gareth Bale and Arjen Robben aren't the slowest white people in the world. Those dudes have pace.

And you guys act like basketball is just a bunch of high jumping, fast negroes and that shyt is sad. Tim Duncan isn't the highest jumping, fleetest of foot PF but somehow he ended up being the best PF of all-time. Wonder how that happened? Could it be skill and technique? Wow......who would have thunk some black basketball players have that? Stop selling us short.

KwamePiesie

1st born on Saturn's day
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The African Diaspora
the USA does not have a football culture.
you dont see kids playing football on the street at a early age.
im from Holland. i dont claim #teamorange. But Holland has an immense football culture.
kids start at an early age (as soon as they can walk they're kicking against a football). <<< This is what the us is lacking.
if it was me? i would go in all the so called "hoods" and start taking these young boys and girls to practice.
its not all about strategy and skill (skills you learn on the street). you've got to enjoy the game

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
The ignorance in this thread is suffocating. It's like a car crash I can't turn away from.

I'm not going to address the rampant racism and stereotyping of African footballers, as if they are a collection of brainless idiots that run fast and jump high. The issue with African football has more to do with their FA and the development after their teenage years. Why is Nigeria winning the U-17s if the talent isn't their early on? You need to learn what athleticism is. While Xavi might not run as fast as Usain Bolt or jump as high as Lebron James, lets not overlook the dexterity, body control, foot-eye coordination, and endurance it takes to play in the midfield and make him an elite midfielder. Being 5'7 doesn't mean you're a bad athlete it means you're short by American standards. Let's not kid ourselves and play like Messi isn't agile and graceful and can start and stop at insane speeds. Stop putting athleticism in a box and acting like black people are the only ones that have it too. I've seen Russians and Germans win a lot of gold medals and it wasn't for throwing darts. Gareth Bale and Arjen Robben aren't the slowest white people in the world. Those dudes have pace.

And you guys act like basketball is just a bunch of high jumping, fast negroes and that shyt is sad. Tim Duncan isn't the highest jumping, fleetest of foot PF but somehow he ended up being the best PF of all-time. Wonder how that happened? Could it be skill and technique? Wow......who would have thunk some black basketball players have that? Stop selling us short.

It's actually the cats who've deemed that athleticism consists of nothing more than running fast,jumping high and being strong in re: how our soccer players can be better who are making that argument.

like fukk being fundamentally sound, and being technically superior... we can compensate for all our our short comings by running faster,jumping higher and being stronger. :heh:

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
I don't know what you guys are watching but the US already had a super athletic dude on the field all day today, Yedlin. He was probably the fastest guy on the field and had a lot of strength to match but couldn't do shyt against slower and more skilled players. How much more athletic do you think you get than Yedlin?

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
No, he wouldn't.

Athletically, his numbers on that tested to the limit would have put him near the bottom of NBA PGs being drafted this year, matter of fact a kid that went undrafted had a vertical 1 foot higher than his.

A 175lbs running back, word? He would have dementia and be a paraplegic before halftime.

You don't think Ronaldo would be bigger than 175 if he started lifting in high school for football?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Our top notch athletes and resources go to sports such as football, basketball and baseball before they go to soccer, so it's not surprising we don't do all that well against nations who treat soccer as a primary sport.

BasketCase

Superstar
Daps
Technique + athleticism > technique alone. One doesn't rule out the other. Messi, Ronaldo, and Zlatan are all very athletic and they're the best in the world. Neymar is an exception.

BasketCase

Superstar
Daps
so what happened at this world cup...................:patrice:

we gon blame the heat??.......:sas2:

Let me tell you what I think happened to Spain in this world cup...

Spain has been so dominant over the years because of tiki-taka. Since they were so dominant, they got too comfortable and didn't evolve while other teams studied them and developed strategies on how to beat them. Brazil ended up crushing their tiki-taka style in the confederations cup and Bayern Munchen crushed Barcelonas tiki-taka style multiple times in the champions league...

These losses made Spain understand that their current strategy might get them far in the world cup but it won't take them to gold so they completely got rid of tiki-taka in favor of a new strategy. And that's where they made their mistake...

Instead of completely getting rid of tiki-taka, they should've added other elements to their game to become more unpredictable. And they should've done this years ago. Instead, they decided to completely change strategy a couple of months before the world cup. Getting a team to play well with a new strategy takes more than a couple of months.

In short: Spain did not play their normal game in the world cup and that's why they got crushed by every team they played against. Had they played their normal game, they would've gone far but not all the way. They lost because their coach made the wrong decisions.

:whew:

Last edited:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
not in regards to sports.....hence our apathy as a whole to soccer here.

The worlds most popular sport, is probably not even on the level of pro wrestling here

Iiterally laughed out loud at this and its probably true. I dont know anyone in real life who cares about soccer.. its beyond boring to me. My foriegn co-workers could not understand why i dont care for it. I've tried but with the scores being something like 1 - 0. or 2 - 1. it puts me to sleep.

and yall can miss me with that get out more stuff.. in a few more days the fake fans will forget about it and I could never see it becoming popular in the hood, unless basketball dies off. which aint happening.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
And those 2 names are known as 2 of the greatest ever...

:smugkermit:

Nah only one and thats pele. His only equal is a midget argentinian with sublime skill.

maradona.jpg