Soccer = Skill and Technique (USA Needs to Understand This)

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish the kids in the hood knew there was money in soccer. Seems like nobody knows this at all:mindblown:. Plus you have leagues all over the world not just one league to shoot for like the NBA and NFL. Hell even the Mexican Football league salaries are double/triple than that of the MLS. Even in college football I hear stories about alot of these football players are also really good baseball players but they rather be "Rudy's" on the football team and never see any action on the field instead of switching over to baseball like they should. There's alot of kids playing the wrong sport in America

That's the parents fault

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
its like no one watched the NBA finals this year or the rapid rise of other nations in sports where America used to dominate.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
That's the parents fault

It's the cultures fault... most folks in the hood don't know that Clayton Kershaw will probably end up making more money from baseball, than LeBron will from basketball...or that Ronaldo made more money than everyone not named Floyd Mayweather last year.

baseball and soccer offer far more opportunities out of the hood, but because the hood don't understand such... they cannot capitalize upon it.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the cultures fault... most folks in the hood don't know that Clayton Kershaw will probably end up making more money from baseball, than LeBron will from basketball...or that Ronaldo made more money than everyone not named Floyd Mayweather last year.

baseball and soccer offer far more opportunities out of the hood, but because the hood don't understand such... they cannot capitalize upon it.

Soccer doesn't offer more opportunities to kids from the hood. There are no Americans on Ronaldo's level so that's not a realistic goal. Most American soccer living in Europe are in crap foreign cac towns fighting against anti-Americanism and against Europeans who played soccer their entire lives. Meanwhile basketball, football and baseball, Americans get paid everyday, everybody knows your name in the USA, and you can go home anytime you want. Justin Verlander would choose baseball over soccer every time. Poor kids don't like baseball anymore b/c there is not as much publicity and too many foreigners. Same with soccer.

Last edited:

Swaggatron

TYBG
Supporter
Daps
But do they dominate every year? No

Look at the team now, not everyone black and not everyone is super athletic.

Brazilians are renowned for the skill and technique on the ball not their raw athleticism

and plus brazil have only ever had two real freak athletes ronaldo and pele.

And those 2 names are known as 2 of the greatest ever...

:smugkermit:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

I hear you but it takes a long time to get paid in baseball though.. and the MLB is more about the Latin market than the African American community these days imo

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

I hear you but it takes a long time to get paid in baseball though.. and the MLB is more about the Latin market than the African American community these days imo

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There are always cacs and Mexicans who can play soccer. That's hundreds of millions of people. I think Mexicans already play soccer more than any other sport. Cacs have great representation too. So there's always that "grassroots" population. Yall can stop with the soccer talk now.

Last edited:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love

This kind of goes back to the thread about why boxing fell off as a sport of choice, basketball and football require less time to make big money.

but to think that at 26, Clayton Kershaw already has got a contract that's worth double what LeBron has made in 11 years of playing in the NBA

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
This kind of goes back to the thread about why boxing fell off as a sport of choice, basketball and football require less time to make big money.

but to think that at 26, Clayton Kershaw already has got a contract that's worth double what LeBron has made in 11 years of playing in the NBA
But he's damn near an anomaly though. Its motivation but the average player is never gonna see that. But there's still only one MLB. Japan might be the 2nd best place to play baseball.. But soccer has a pro league in damn near every country in the world.. so a good decent player should be able to eat somewhere on this planet. The tops leagues are in Europe.. Spain, England, Germany, France, Italy, etc.. that's like if there was 7-8 NBA calibur leagues right there. In baseball you got Single A, Double A, and Triple A- some players never even get out of the minors their entire career. Then if you do make the majors, you gotta put up numbers consistently then you'll see some type of money, IF you get out of the minors