Soccer = Skill and Technique (USA Needs to Understand This)

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
I wish the kids in the hood knew there was money in soccer. Seems like nobody knows this at all:mindblown:. Plus you have leagues all over the world not just one league to shoot for like the NBA and NFL. Hell even the Mexican Football league salaries are double/triple than that of the MLS.

that's what i be trying to tell dudes. even some of the mls dudes are :eat:ing. michael bradley making 6.5 million a year in the mls :ohlawd:.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
I see your point, but it falls on deaf ears to their fans here....we don't view soccer as something that belongs to us.

our high profile athletes and celebrities supporting soccer teams has more to do with increasing their appeal to people outside of the USA than it does to further the progression of soccer in the US.

The most popular athlete on the planet came to MLS, and we treated him like some dude who was married to a spice girl.
beckham is not jus some dude,all hipsters know him lol plus the rappers too:wow:

since beckham came over more and more players are going(all be it at da end of der career )but still....and more soccer is being showed on major tv networks

but honestly this hipster generation may be the ones that change the current view......

NBC spent big,advertising n all

article-2391224-1B442044000005DC-600_634x412.jpg

man-united-man-city-subway-wrap-600x395.jpg

ay_115395972.jpg

thats a good look for soccer in the US....

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
No, he wouldn't.

Athletically, his numbers on that tested to the limit would have put him near the bottom of NBA PGs being drafted this year, matter of fact a kid that went undrafted had a vertical 1 foot higher than his.

A 175lbs running back, word? He would have dementia and be a paraplegic before halftime.

I should have been more clear, If CR had dedicated his life to any of those sports instead of football he would excel.

I'm talking about CR with the same genes he has now, just tailoring them to a different sport.

His athletic potential is suited to be multi sport.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I wish the kids in the hood knew there was money in soccer. Seems like nobody knows this at all:mindblown:. Plus you have leagues all over the world not just one league to shoot for like the NBA and NFL. Hell even the Mexican Football league salaries are double/triple than that of the MLS. Even in college football I hear stories about alot of these football players are also really good baseball players but they rather be "Rudy's" on the football team and never see any action on the field instead of switching over to baseball like they should. There's alot of kids playing the wrong sport in America

um you have leagues all over the world for basketball as well
many dudes not in the nba are still making like good 6 figures in china, phillipines, greece, israel etc.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I should have been more clear, If CR had dedicated his life to any of those sports instead of football he would excel.

I'm talking about CR with the same genes he has now, just tailoring them to a different sport.

His athletic potential is suited to be multi sport.

See, this is where the problem lies, he combines good athleticism with great skill, you cannot compare him to elite level NBA/NFL athletes though. Again, you made it a point to use Tested to the Limit and his numbers from that show would be bottom tier for the NBA as far as PGs go, that little special didn't do their homework because a 31" vertical is actually BELOW the average leaping ability of an NBA player, not several inches higher.

Out of 27 PG prospects that attended the combine, a 31" vertical would tie you for 21, that's just the point guards, the SG/SFs and PFs also had guys well over 31".

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
dhMeAzK.gif

just the sheer disrespect they got for the game is just :wow:

acting like there aren't other nations outside of the U.S. that produce world-class athletes AND got a soccer culture AND still can't compete on the top level (Jamaica) :myman:

acting like a Premier League striker like Lukaku is on the same level as a Jimmy Graham going from a random athletic bball player to sum NFL Pro Bowler shyt :aicmon:

matter fact these nikkas didn't even watch the game cuz there was no super slave shyt going on when Lukaku scored. Just perfect positioning, technique and a beautiful touch:banderas:

there's no math there, no vert, no 40 yard dash. just superior futbol skill against a weak defense

like @Emperor_ReinScarf said its the culture and the system that needs changing to emphasize the technical aspects of the game.....all that other shyt means nothing till that happens
did you not see the goal he created....................:comeon:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
um you have leagues all over the world for basketball as well
many dudes not in the nba are still making like good 6 figures in china, phillipines, greece, israel etc.
True but the NBA is the richest league by a looooong shot. Top salaries, beautiful world class arenas and training facilities, games are shown worldwide, all the best players, etc. Soccer/Football has numerous leagues on par with each other- La Liga, EPL, Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga,

fundz

Pro
Daps
OP brought up culture and he's bang on. The reason why we ain't winning is, we just ain't crazy enough about winning, point-blank. We just like to think we're American and therefore should be winning. But what's not being understood is, world football is a fairly basic sport. Requires next to nothing to become good at. The competition is SO much yet we give next to no shyts about it in the four years between every world cup, but expect to win it.

shyt is beyond delusional.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
and hol up....

lukakus goal was basic...........:russ:

"no 40 yard dash":skip:
perfect positioning ???? he ran,what an athlete :whew:

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:dead: But we didn't watch the game, even the commentators

"He's just bigger, stronger & faster"

"He's so big and strong"

Beasley looked like a little kid next to him.
I've heard this alot as well throughout this world cup