Soccer = Skill and Technique (USA Needs to Understand This)

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
In what sport does this guarantee success?

That's the most insulting thing about this. nikkas acting like soccer is some rubik's cube our elite athletes couldn't handle. Surely they'd have to learn to play the game.
This whole topic is a mix of confusion and fukkery. These nikkas don't know what they want to talk about or argue. Here is what we know. There is no guaranteed method for player development or everyone would be doing it. What we know is in America, our best athletes don't play soccer. That's what we know.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
That's skilled. If skill and technique are going to be mean the same thing in this convo on this site, we should avoid using the term and specify what we are talking about.

Also technique, zidane/pirlo/deco/ etc are renowned for their technique.

I agree on the second bit.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Agreed but we will never know if those talents don't play the sport which is a main point of this damn thread.

We won't know if thats true till soccer truly comes to the hood and the lower middle class. Its not really a racial thing, but even Jurgen said it himself. Soccer is a sport of the underclass. Nations like Brazil, where literally every kid grows up playing it do well, because the sport is cultural. Its kinda like how baseball was for our parents generation. Outside of Clemente virtually ALL the best baseball players were American because it was America's game. It was in our culture. Football and Basketball is in our culture now and thus all the money, attention and talent will go there. Hell, the NBA and the NFL are the only sports i know of in the states where people make an event out of its Draft...:mindblown:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:snoop:

fundamentals and technical skill are what separate the elite from the rest in soccer.... not being the biggest,fastest,jumping the highest or the strongest.

it's like you don't get that being a "great athlete" is not some universal thing that ensures greatness in other sports.... or that being bigger,stronger and faster= i'm better than you in every other sport

us Americans are fukking stupid when it comes to shyt like this, and that's why Asians ate our fukking food for years in the little league world series.
That's true but here's the shyt. Without the talent, you can do those things and all you will become is Norway

Daps
:snoop:

fundamentals and technical skill are what separate the elite from the rest in soccer.... not being the biggest,fastest,jumping the highest or the strongest.

Fundamentals and technical skill are what seperate the best of these great athletes from other great athletes.

Those lesser skilled great athletes are still gonna stomp out the slower, weaker, less hops having fundamentally sound guys. Just like any other sport

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
We won't know if thats true till soccer truly comes to the hood and the lower middle class. Its not really a racial thing, but even Jurgen said it himself. Soccer is a sport of the underclass. Nations like Brazil, where literally every kid grows up playing it do well, because the sport is cultural. Its kinda like how baseball was for our parents generation. Outside of Clemente virtually ALL the best baseball players were American because it was America's game. It was in our culture. Football and Basketball is in our culture now and thus all the money, attention and talent will go there. Hell, the NBA and the NFL are the only sports i know of in the states where people make an event out of its Draft...:mindblown:

And soccer in the US is the sport of the lulu-lemon mom, orange slices and participation trophies.

Daps
This whole topic is a mix of confusion and fukkery. These nikkas don't know what they want to talk about or argue. Here is what we know. There is no guaranteed method for player development or everyone would be doing it. What we know is in America, our best athletes don't play soccer. That's what we know.

I also keep saying we'd dominate to incite the fukkery, which while I do believe it, I know is baseless/unprovable unless we actually took soccer seriously....but still. :lolbron:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Not disagreeing but personally it looked to me the US team had average athletes and below average skill. We're too p*ssy about soccer too. The snobs in this country cant take criticism....when in actuality the soccer has not gotten any better since 1994. Klinnsman is a start though imo. He had the right idea saying we had no chance.

We're reading article after article about how we showed heart and how we played hard. fukk that.
:what::why::aicmon: