Soccer = Skill and Technique (USA Needs to Understand This)

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I can't speak for the hillbillies in the south, but soccer strives pretty well in the Northeast and Pacific West. The programs are big, getting bigger, and developing well. It isn't a sport of "the lulu-lemon mom, orange slices and participation trophies". That's ignorance at its finest.
The game has made MASSIVE progress in the last 15 years. Hell, in the last five years.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
In what sport does this guarantee success?

That's the most insulting thing about this. nikkas acting like soccer is some rubik's cube our elite athletes couldn't handle. Surely they'd have to learn to play the game.
Exactly. Its like these dudes can't comprehend the arguments we've laid out. Cause not once has anyone said anything bulldozing the competition with linebackers and power forwards:mjlol:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
look up the distance covered for an average mid fielder. Graham Zusi covered 6 kmh and he was taken out in the 72nd minute. The game went on for an extra 40 mins after that and certain guys like Dempsey, Bradley and the sort played the entire match. And Full Backs in particular in soccer race down the length of the pitch on almost every attack and get back if that attack fizzles out. That's about 60 to 70 yards up and down in fairly consistent fashion for the better part of 90 mins. Its grueling.

look at all the soccer players who have died on the pitch
compared to other sports

its a grueling grueling sport, not to mention your playing in the heat, or cold, or rain with a few stops

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Those countries getting worse(or having down years) doesnt mean we've gotten any better.
I get it. You expect us to have a legit top 5 contender team every WC year with at least a couple star players :mjlol:

Sport isn't on that level here yet bub :aicmon: our leagues just started building and you expect us to be on that EPL level all over the country, when those institutions are decades old

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I can't speak for the hillbillies in the south, but soccer strives pretty well in the Northeast and Pacific West. The programs are big, getting bigger, and developing well. It isn't a sport of "the lulu-lemon mom, orange slices and participation trophies". That's ignorance at its finest.

Its not ignorance, its truth. Soccer is a gritty sport around the world...kids who have nothing play it. The north east and the pacific west have money...kids are coddled.

Hillbillies in the south? We need the kids in the south playing SEC football choosing soccer at a young age if we want to get better. The northeast and the pacific west dont produce those types of athletes.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
These dudes neither watch nor play the game and wanna argue with those who do both :ehh:
I'm not entering this debate, I'm just leaving this here (watch from 13:00 to 15:00)

Average height of 2011 Barça : 5"7.

And yeah, the technical gap between Belgium and the USA was abysmal. You need more dudes like Dempsey

gareth-bale-goal.gif

shyt was all good just a year ago...................

the athletes vs ballers will soon be even in a few more years

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The Culture needs to Change, US Soccer frowns upon creativity. You have to high work rate, run back on defense. You saw Lalas and Twellman be jerking off about Bradley running back on Defense after he gave the ball away.

That shyt needs to change ASAP.
Naw, they had creative play in the U-20 and U-17 now. They changed, I been watching. They have changed.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Massive progress.

:mjlol:

They won ONE game.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Fundamentals and technical skill are what seperate the best of these great athletes from other great athletes.

Those lesser skilled great athletes are still gonna stomp out the slower, weaker, less hops having fundamentally sound guys. Just like any other spor
t

:snoop:

you can't be this stupid breh, you really cant.

There are countless examples, in multiple sports where players who aren't exactly jumping off the charts with athleticism completely dominate because they're more fundamentally skilled and technically more proficient than their counterparts.

there is a lot more to sports than just being strong,running fast and jumping high

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
These dudes neither watch nor play the game and wanna argue with those who do both :ehh:
I'm not entering this debate, I'm just leaving this here (watch from 13:00 to 15:00)

Average height of 2011 Barça : 5"7.

And yeah, the technical gap between Belgium and the USA was abysmal. You need more dudes like Dempsey

Quoted for emphasis.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I get it. You expect us to have a legit top 5 contender team every WC year with at least a couple star players :mjlol:

Sport isn't on that level here yet bub :aicmon: our leagues just started building and you expect us to be on that EPL level all over the country, when those institutions are decades old

the 94 and 02 teams were both better than this years squad. The best player the US has, by far, is the goalie...and he's 33.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
We won't know if thats true till soccer truly comes to the hood and the lower middle class. Its not really a racial thing, but even Jurgen said it himself. Soccer is a sport of the underclass. Nations like Brazil, where literally every kid grows up playing it do well, because the sport is cultural. Its kinda like how baseball was for our parents generation. Outside of Clemente virtually ALL the best baseball players were American because it was America's game. It was in our culture. Football and Basketball is in our culture now and thus all the money, attention and talent will go there. Hell, the NBA and the NFL are the only sports i know of in the states where people make an event out of its Draft...:mindblown:
I wish the kids in the hood knew there was money in soccer. Seems like nobody knows this at all:mindblown:. Plus you have leagues all over the world not just one league to shoot for like the NBA and NFL. Hell even the Mexican Football league salaries are double/triple than that of the MLS. Even in college football I hear stories about alot of these football players are also really good baseball players but they rather be "Rudy's" on the football team and never see any action on the field instead of switching over to baseball like they should. There's alot of kids playing the wrong sport in America