Soccer = Skill and Technique (USA Needs to Understand This)

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
We had Eddie Johnson, I swear he could run a sub 4.4 40yard dash but if you passed him the ball with a little pace or if he took one dribble he'd lose the ball.
He had such shyt first touch. You really had to set him up on a dime and then his Soccer IQ wasn't that good. I still remember him going offsides a ton for Aris.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
You should get out more.

I get out fine. Until soccer in this country finds its way outside of the Northeast and the Pacific West...it's going to continue to stink. Soccer in this country doesnt encourage competition.

Go down south to SEC country and kids/coaches want to win in pee wee. There just isnt that type of competitivness in soccer.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
you know that won't happen. :mjlol:

soccer still has a negative reputation in the hood ("soft", "sport for fakkits", "boring", "for white people") ad unless something drastic happens it will stay that way :yeshrug:
its sad but as you jus said,its true,

you never know tho, the US celebrities are "adopting" soccer.....from snoop to rihanna to troy ave to even pusha t:wow:

pushasoccer_main.jpg
(forgot what music video that was)

hell even the sports stars like lebron and kobe

so hopefully the mentality will change,i think it will because of this "hipster" generation currently replacing the "gangster" generation

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
It hasnt. The high fiving over playing hard in this WC when the team won 1 fukking game is embarrassing.
So the United States advances to a higher stage than:

England
Portugal
Italy
Spain

And it hasn't got better since 1994? :what:

Daps
Y'all act like athleticism is a saving grace in basketball.

You see it all the time in youth basketball. Athletic kid gets by on his athleticism against lesser talent for years, then he faces similarly athletic opponents and the fact that he's behind the curve on his fundamentals shatters his hoop dreams.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
So the United States advances to a higher stage than:

England
Portugal
Italy
Spain

And it hasn't got better since 1994? :what:

Those countries getting worse(or having down years) doesnt mean we've gotten any better. They won 1 game and lost 6 of 8 halves they played in...arguably 7.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
If Julian Green can get his stronger on the ball, his potential to be world class is possible. I wonder how the US produced a talent like Yeldin, he has actual skill and a decent first touch. Only 20 too.

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
I get out fine. Until soccer in this country finds its way outside of the Northeast and the Pacific West...it's going to continue to stink. Soccer in this country doesnt encourage competition.

Go down south to SEC country and kids/coaches want to win in pee wee. There just isnt that type of competitivness in soccer.
I can't speak for the hillbillies in the south, but soccer strives pretty well in the Northeast and Pacific West. The programs are big, getting bigger, and developing well. It isn't a sport of "the lulu-lemon mom, orange slices and participation trophies". That's ignorance at its finest.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
it will be another 30+years til you see another messi fullstop............

players like him do not come along often....

hell im still waiting on another R9

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
These dudes neither watch nor play the game and wanna argue with those who do both :ehh:
I'm not entering this debate, I'm just leaving this here (watch from 13:00 to 15:00)

Average height of 2011 Barça : 5"7.

And yeah, the technical gap between Belgium and the USA was abysmal. You need more dudes like Dempsey

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
you know that won't happen. :mjlol:

soccer still has a negative reputation in the hood ("soft", "sport for fakkits", "boring", "for white people") ad unless something drastic happens it will stay that way :yeshrug:

IDK bro, I just left a team USA watch even in downtown detroit and i saw alot a black folks breh....even some old heads. I work in radio and some people called in talking about the tournament saying they were converted.

We have to remember that before maybe 2010 streaming was a virtual impossibility and major networks were simply NOT going to carry the sport. But ESPN dropped that app and now niccas been watchin at work and in the car and on the train. Its gonna change the game for the better.

ABC may have effed up not nabbing the EPL rights when they had the chance. They better get La Liga rights or Bundesliga rights from al jazeera ASAP.