Soccer = Skill and Technique (USA Needs to Understand This)

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
none of that matters tho breh.... dude tried to pose that blackleticism really would make THAT much of a difference.

sports where fundamentals and technical ability trump athleticism every single time ( soccer, baseball, hockey ) will constantly show that simply being a black with elite athleticism won't instantly make you dominant.... or even mediocre at the sport.

Eh, hockey is hidden behind a high cost of entry and baseball isn't really played by African Americans anymore, black folks still dominate it, they just speak spanish but when we did play it we were arguably the best at it :whoa:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
none of that matters tho breh.... dude tried to pose that blackleticism really would make THAT much of a difference.

sports where fundamentals and technical ability trump athleticism every single time ( soccer, baseball, hockey ) will constantly show that simply being a black with elite athleticism won't instantly make you dominant.... or even mediocre at the sport.
Messi has freakish quickness and body control. In fact if Freddy Adu had Messi body control, his career path would be different right now even if America failed him. :snoop:

Athletic ability matters and matters a lot. You can't be world class without special athletic abilities. It might not be speed or body control in the air but it's something and if you don't have it, you don't become world class.

Daps
There are the same nikkas who think that LeBron would be far better than Wayne Gretzky just based off the fact he's 6'8" 260, can run fast for his size, and jump high... because somehow, somewhat that's what makes a hockey player elite.

they don't even know if the nikka can ice skate, but will believe in their heart LeBron could be one of the best ever.

You keep pushing this dumb ass hockey narrative....no one thinks Lebron could pick up hockey (or any other sport he's never mastered) tomorrow and dominate at the highest level.

The point is a great athlete is a great athlete, if our great athletes took up soccer, we'd dominate. It's not even about Lebron specifically, it's about our world class athletes. We'd dominate any real sport (not leisure activities like golf) that was taken seriously, especially sports like soccer where athleticism gives one a clear advantage.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Neymar and roberto carlos were good athletes with elite skills. But neymar is weak and roberto carlos could only use his left foot.

Ronaldo was 6'ft tall had speed, strength, could jump, use both feet, score from long distance. He was freakishly good.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.
Now you gonna tell me these guys aren't freak athletes. LOL, for soccer, yes they are. I have never heard anyone say Roberto Carlos wasn't a great athlete. Said, no one ever except you.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Now you gonna tell me these guys aren't freak athletes. LOL, for soccer, yes they are. I have never heard anyone say Roberto Carlos wasn't a great athlete. Said, no one ever except you.

Roberto carlos was a good/great athlete but he was not a freak athlete like ronaldo.

Dwayne wade is good/great athlete but he is not a freak athlete like lebron

Do you understand now?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Roberto carlos was a good/great athlete but he was not a freak athlete like ronaldo.

Dwayne wade is good/great athlete but he is not a freak athlete like lebron

Do you understand now?
Ronaldo was all time great footballer but both were freak athletes. Dwayne in his prime was an athletic freak, Lebron is an anomaly. shyt like Lebron don't happen but once a generation.

Wade's body control isn't human. His agility and change of direction was out of this world. He was a freak athlete.

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Fam, these dudes tried to tell me athleticism doesn't matter at all in Soccer :dead:
No one said that. What has been perpetuated by the posters that actually know the sport is that elite athleticism does not guarantee success. Again, if that were the case, the African nations would dominate, but they don't. @Liu Kang even gave you a great example in another thread about Barcelona's complete dismantling of Real Madrid in 2011, but you chose to ignore it in favor of this "Russell Westbrook would dominate" rhetoric. Elite athleticism can be neutralized tactically and with skill. That's why people that know the sport attribute the skill and technical ability the most important factors. Xavi, Pirlo, Iniesta, etc. are not the fastest, strongest, or tallest, but no amount of athletic skill of another player would be able to take the ball away from them.

I still don't get how people who only watch the sport every four years and never have played competitively are telling people with experience on what would win and what wouldn't. I just don't fukking get it. :mindblown:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Messi has freakish quickness and body control. In fact if Freddy Adu had Messi body control, his career path would be different right now even if America failed him. :snoop:

Athletic ability matters and matters a lot. You can't be world class without special athletic abilities. It might not be speed or body control in the air but it's something and if you don't have it, you don't become world class.

:snoop:
you're on some captain obvious shyt right now, they're playing at the highest levels of soccer....of course they all have special athletic abilities.

but fundamentals and technical ability matter far more than athleticism in soccer than they do in other sports.

like i said, y'all are on some air up there type shyt, and thinking that because it works for basketball, it'll work for soccer.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
No one said that. What has been perpetuated by the posters that actually know the sport is that elite athleticism does not guarantee success. Again, if that were the case, the African nations would dominate, but they don't. @lui kang even gave you a great example in another thread about Barcelona's complete dismantling of Real Madrid in 2011, but you chose to ignore it in favor of this "Russell Westbrook would dominate" rhetoric. Elite athleticism can be neutralized tactically and with skill. That's why people that know the sport attribute the skill and technical ability the most important factors. Xavi, Pirlo, Iniesta, etc. are not the fastest, strongest, or tallest, but no amount of athletic skill of another player would be able to take the ball away from them.

I still don't get how people who only watch the sport every four years and never have played competitively are telling people with experience on what would win and what wouldn't. I just don't fukking get it. :mindblown:

Its a fairly simple sport to follow. By watching 10 minutes of US Belgium you could tell the talent differential was enormous. The best athlete on the US team was the goalie, that's a problem.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
No one said that. What has been perpetuated by the posters that actually know the sport is that elite athleticism does not guarantee success. Again, if that were the case, the African nations would dominate, but they don't. @lui kang even gave you a great example in another thread about Barcelona's complete dismantling of Real Madrid in 2011, but you chose to ignore it in favor of this "Russell Westbrook would dominate" rhetoric. Elite athleticism can be neutralized tactically and with skill. That's why people that know the sport attribute the skill and technical ability the most important factors. Xavi, Pirlo, Iniesta, etc. are not the fastest, strongest, or tallest, but no amount of athletic skill of another player would be able to take the ball away from them.

Ain't no one saying that elite athleticism equals greatness but elite athleticism with technique does 9 out of 10 times.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

:snoop:
you're on some captain obvious shyt right now, they're playing at the highest levels of soccer....of course they all have special athletic abilities.

but fundamentals and technical ability matter far more than athleticism in soccer than they do in other sports.

like i said, y'all are on some air up there type shyt, and thinking that because it works for basketball, it'll work for soccer.
So body control and coordination isn't an athletic ability? :wtf:

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Ronaldo was all time great footballer but both were freak athletes. Dwayne in his prime was an athletic freak, Lebron is anomaly. shyt like Lebron don't happen but once a generation.

Wade's body control isn't human. His agility and change of direction was out of this world. He was a freak athlete.

To me freak athlete is = someone head and shoulders above everyone. Wade and carlos have never been head and shoulders above everyone. Amazing athletes but not freak athletes.

The lebrons, ronaldo (prime), C ronaldo of the worlds

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I think this nikka Mega think athletic ability is the ability to run fast and jump high. He thinking we talking about looking for long jumpers and 100m runners.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

I've never once said we would dominate, I've simply stated we'd be better than we are now.

Also, there's a big difference between the "elite" athleticism I'm talking about, and the elite athleticism seen in soccer, again we have numbers on Ronaldo's actual athletic ability.