Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Awesome thread concept op
:salute:

My 10 pieces of proof, top 10 memories:

-Playing Commodore 64 with a TAPE machine
-Being one of the first kids with an EGA 16-color PC videocard and having kids come over to play Commander Keen in color
-Renting NBA Jam for Sega Megadrive the whole weekend
-Entering codes to put you back where you were in Road Rash
-Thinking Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance’s intro in the water was as beautiful as games could possibly get
-Having a homie try to make a copy of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 over and over again (this was PlayStation I think)
-Playing Lemmings for hours and hours
-Remembering every kid wanting the Nintendo 8-bit
-First time seeing an NBA Live demo on Xbox 360 and not believing how real the players and court looked
-Reading gaming magazines to know the moves for Tekken 4
:blessed:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Before GTA took over we had this. That opening training course tho:why:

61VTDC0M9AL._SX342_.jpg

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Tilt in Greenbriar mall. Shadiest fukking arcade ever. nikkas was huddled up when NBA JAM dropped like :ooh:

lH-58UpPcJHjOGpy2UyLEeqMM2zk0Wk8PKobseAln6mVvvMzSAqhjMnmMxtKXur-CQU=h310
This was my shyt.
Southlake mall nikka :birdman:
Gang gang

On topic tho I was a Sega kid. I remember my dad bought me Sega tv for my Genesis which was ahead of it's time then. Then I had a Saturn with virtual cop, virtual fighter, gex, and battle arena toshinden. Good days

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

folasade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Leaving your system on and turning off the tv and praying nobody turns it off cause the game didn’t have a save feature or you didn’t have a memory card :mjcry:

Giving the 2nd player the madcatz controller :lolbron:
i did this alot with gta 2 and 3. Too many siblings, so it never worked.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So I'm strolling thru this thread, and this post triggered an internal memory just now. I played with that ring toss joint but I never owned one :ohhh:

But that GAMEandWATCH joint :whew: I just remember those parachute people falling quickly, and I remember Nintendo was big into those. I believe I had a donkey Kong one. Seems like from a previous life...literally

parallax

Superstar
Daps
So I'm strolling thru this thread, and this post triggered an internal memory just now. I played with that ring toss joint but I never owned one :ohhh:

But that GAMEandWATCH joint :whew: I just remember those parachute people falling quickly, and I remember Nintendo was big into those. I believe I had a donkey Kong one. Seems like from a previous life...literally
The game and watch joints were hot. Nintendo needs to rerelease them, because I would buy game and watch hockey in a heartbeat

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I miss manuals/booklets. I always read them. They usually had funny stuff written and the notes in the back were useful too. It's kinda sad but that's the videogame industry nowadays, cutting costs comes first over nostalgia. I remember that as a kid, the drive back home was always for reading the manual, for me it was almost a tradition

s-l500.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
It was :myman:

I remember doing what you're talking about when I guess it was Nintendo power that previewed Kobe Bryant's nba basketball (n64) they had the entire move list posted in the magazine to showcase how much control you had over your player :banderas:

For those not in the know, myself and Kobe Bryant basketball are the forefathers of today's basketball games. Kobe was the first to have button and stick combinations to pull off moves :hula: and me beta testing for 2k and them using ALL of my ideas = today's basketball

Before GTA took over we had this. That opening training course tho:why:

61VTDC0M9AL._SX342_.jpg
GTA came out (and took over) before driver :birdman:

Moesha’s Overbearing Dad

Go to your room Miles
Daps
Reppin

If you ain't never made up your own season on a sheet of paper... Keeping stats and scores... had some random storyline going on in your head.... Wins and losses.. then DREW your own playoff tree and made up who you wanted to advance :wow:

As shytty as this game was.. that song got me HYPE as a 9 year old on a Saturday night on the floor model tv ...

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

Yeah, i've always wished that parachute would get a revival either as a live arcade or switch game. Is even be happy if it were a phone app. Surprised it's never been done.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I miss manuals/booklets. I always read them. They usually had funny stuff written and the notes in the back were useful too. It's kinda sad but that's the videogame industry nowadays, cutting costs comes first over nostalgia. I remember that as a kid, the drive back home was always for reading the manual, for me it was almost a tradition

s-l500.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
There's no more manuals? :picard: I ain't been a gamer for years I didn't know

What is the world coming to :mjcry: as a visual person i'm bummed

I feel the same way about music CDs that only had one sheet of paper, that shyt is triflin

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Turning the system on, playing a racing game like Mario Kart 64 or Diddy Kong Racing, or Gran Turismo, and the cursor keeps scrolling right, you find a way to select a car and a stage, then your car keeps turning right, so you gotta turn the whole system off and on :dahell:

years later when I got older i realized it's cause you had your finger on the joystick pressed left before you turned the system on, so the cpu configured "<=" as "neutral" :mjlol: