So you're a gamer huh? Then post some OG shyt that real gamers would recognize

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
I've gotten into retropie and retro emulation consoles and after dealing with them for a little while made me realize that the PS1 really is a piece of shyt in hindsight. I didn't think this before obviously, cuz I had one back in the day, but it's a really shoddy console. :mjlol:

Almost every multiplat game that was on the PS1 and N64 plays better on the N64. And when the dreamcast dropped it shytted on both of them. :russ:

Hell even the sega saturn performed better than the PS1 :dead:

The PS1 versions of the Marvel VS games was bullshyt. It didn't have enough internal memory to handle 4 different characters at once.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I played them but I don't miss the point and click era. Monkey Island, Grim Fandango:scust:

That's a genre of games I'm realizing I only played because I was bored and didn't have anything else to play. If I had options at the time there's no way I'd play those kinds of games.

I had Crazy Taxi 2 on dreamcast but I also had 3 on XBOX and no one wanted to play it when they came over. :dead:

I didn't really understand why people only liked the first game because its a very simple game to pick up and play and I thought it shouldn't matter if there's different drivers because most people play the game 3-4 minutes at a time and yet people still hated 2 and 3. :pachaha:

I think I remember crazy taxi 3. Wasnt that out on the ps2 and it was in Vegas? That sounded like it could have been a fun game.

Sega had a great idea but they didnt execute it right. They fukked up the original crazy taxi by not adding more features and improving the game when it went to the home console. They still had the arcade formula. The game was dope but it fell off when Sega didnt take advantage of it. shyt got boring after awhile. That bowling taxi bonus was fun but they could have had way more than that.

I remember crazy taxi 2 being boring as hell. About almost 2 weeks in, I took that shyt back to Sears for my money back. That game had potential too.

So I could only imagine crazy taxi 3 being a blender too. Sega is fukking dumb

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Going into the trick basket for games that I wanted back in the days but never had a chance to get.

Who remembers this?

The Sega Saturn is the system that nobody talks about. Virtual fighter 2 though... never played it or had the Saturn, probably the in store demo as a kid at toys r us, software etc, funcoland, Eb toys or whatever. Sony straight up took segas spot with the playstation. I remember that rivalry. Sony did what Microsoft has been trying to do with the xbox and Microsoft is number 2. fukk the xbox.

About to get that ps5. Kind of interested in looking at a gaming computer.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I sucked at the game, but I remember I used to sit and watch the "RISE FROM YOUR GRAVES" attract screen over and over again at the corner store by the bus stop.

I played them but I don't miss the point and click era. Monkey Island, Grim Fandango:scust:

That's a genre of games I'm realizing I only played because I was bored and didn't have anything else to play. If I had options at the time there's no way I'd play those kinds of games.
These games were actually the generation before the point-and-click era. The LucasArts games you mentioned were great IMO, but they were way "dumbed down" in difficulty compared to the old Sierra games. There was no way to actually DIE in those LucasArts games.

The old Sierra games I'm talking about had a typing interface. So you could walk around with a joystick or arrow keys, but if you saw an Item you had to type things like:

>LOOK AT GROUND
"You see broken glass"
>GET GLASS
"You pick up a piece of broken glass."

Hours later you might find a puzzle with some laser beams, and if you don't have the piece of broken glass on you to reflect the beams you'll get cut in half. The problem is, the game lets you get to this point and save your games along the way. If you never picked up the piece of broken glass 3 hours ago you'll get killed, reload your game, and get killed again. The only way to not get killed would be to go all the way back to the broken glass and pick up a piece.

And GOOD LUCK even seeing the glass on the floor if you're using a crappy CGA monitor (4 colors!). So you could get stuck for MONTHS trying to figure out what you missed.

When LucasFilm games came around, they generally didn't let the player get killed or get to a point where they were hopelessly stuck.