So you buy an M.2 SSD device that meets standard but there is no guarantee it will work

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I never took the upgraded hard drives out of my PS3 or PS4. I still have both and the hard drives are still in them. Even if I didn't have them I'm not gutting some old ass drive out of them. When the PS5 is old news the hard drive inside it won't be worth having in anything else. The tech will simply continue to advance.

I had a 2 TB in the 2nd PS4 Pro I sold. Just left it in there and sold it with that. Drive was too slow to keep for other purposes.
U can always repurpose a HDD or SSD. shyt. U could’ve taken that 2TB drive and put an enclosure on it and that would’ve been a nice size external drive for u to keep ur media on.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
But this ain’t the vita. And again there’s advantages and disadvantages to either approach.
And being able to use shyt that isn’t locked to a platform is always better in the long run. No matter how u slice it. shyt. I just ran into this issue with a Sony Bluetooth speaker I had. Couldn’t find the proprietary charger. Bought a new one that was supposed to be compatible. Voltage and everything matched. Still didn’t work. Had to actually get a Sony one. Wouldn’t have had this issue if the shyt was atleast a micro usb. USB C would’ve been even better. Either way. If the charging solution was universal. I wouldn’t have had the issue.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And being able to use shyt that isn’t locked to a platform is always better in the long run. No matter how u slice it. shyt. I just ran into this issue with a Sony Bluetooth speaker I had. Couldn’t find the proprietary charger. Bought a new one that was supposed to be compatible. Voltage and everything matched. Still didn’t work. Had to actually get a Sony one. Wouldn’t have had this issue if the shyt was atleast a micro usb. USB C would’ve been even better. Either way. If the charging solution was universal. I wouldn’t have had the issue.
This ain’t a charger :stopitslime:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Don’t care about these twitter people:mjlol:
He really thought because Tom Warren said so then it's what we all should think :laff:
Arguing in favor of proprietary hardware solutions. :dead:
The Sony solution doesn't exist yet and we're about to be in year 2 soon. You act like one is cheaper than the other. You act like the Microsoft solution will never go down. You act like you even need storage. As games run off the cloud soon entire games will be cloud based. That will be the norm by generations end on Xbox. Sony? I guess save up your $$$ because these chip shortages win be a thing for the next two years minimum...

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The Sony solution doesn't exist yet and we're about to be in year 2 soon

giphy.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
U can always repurpose a HDD or SSD. shyt. U could’ve taken that 2TB drive and put an enclosure on it and that would’ve been a nice size external drive for u to keep ur media on.
I have 8 TB externals so no need.
Arguing in favor of proprietary hardware solutions. :dead:
I couldn’t care less about it being proprietary as long as the solution is standard. On my PS4 as long as the drive fit it was good. Here only a certain subset of drives will work and they require something that doesn’t come standard with them.

This won’t effect me personally but it’s going to impact many other people who inevitably but gen 3 drives or buy a gen 4 drive that needs a double sided heat sink and they only get the heat sink for one side or buy drives the manufacturer degraded the performance for and hid after the initial release.