So you buy an M.2 SSD device that meets standard but there is no guarantee it will work

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
for the specific use of being a charging port on a small device it is.

It’s smaller and more durable.

That’s because in those uses USB-C is better.

It’s not rocket science.

None of which are advantageous on a small portable device.

Vita was a failed device period. Stop talking about that.
nikka do u realize ur literally the only person on the internet and in real life out of ALLLL the tech people who deal with these devices rooting for the fukking lightning port right? I mean. This is just dumb. Every phone company uses usb c. Apple uses usb c on their iPads, MacBooks, iMacs, and Mac Pro’s. U can’t possibly be this stupid. The sole purpose of them keeping the lightning port is to sell more accessories. Period. Point blank. It’s where their bread and butter is. I happy to know this shyt for a FACT. I know their margins. U have no idea what u talking about.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
For all the talk of how “universal” usb-c is.

Grab the wrong cord/charger and you can explode your phone.
How USB Charging Works, or How to Avoid Blowing Up Your Phone - ExtremeTech

Laptops are getting destroyed by cheap USB-C cables

It's 2021 and USB-C is still a mess

shyts still all over the place.

A proprietary solution curves lots of this fukkery.
Dumbass. The same shyt can happen with the lightning port if u buy an aftermarket charger for ur iPhone. U know how I know? I’ve seen it and have had to repair it before. U like a woman when it comes to mental gymnastics fam. Lol

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Dumbass. The same shyt can happen with the lightning port if u buy an aftermarket charger for ur iPhone. U know how I know? I’ve seen it and have had to repair it before. U like a woman when it comes to mental gymnastics fam. Lol
No. It can’t

No need to call names and make up stuff cause you were wrong.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
all first party Xbox games are on PC. so their proprietary console storage expansion isn't needed :sas1:

I'll just get it on PC :sas2:
Yea. fukk Xbox right? Lol. Smh. This argument is stupid all around. Even Nintendo knew better than to use a proprietary storage or charging solution. Yet u got this fukkin goof @MeachTheMonster applauding it like an idiot. Lol.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
No. It can’t

No need to call names and make up stuff cause you were wrong.
YES. IT. fukkING. COULD. Like I said before I have repaired this shyt. If the charger is the wrong voltage or isnt MFi certified it can absolutely fukk shyt up. U have no idea what ur talking about fam. This is not ur field please shut the fukk up.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
nikka do u realize ur literally the only person on the internet and in real life out of ALLLL the tech people who deal with these devices rooting for the fukking lightning port right? I mean. This is just dumb. Every phone company uses usb c. Apple uses usb c on their iPads, MacBooks, iMacs, and Mac Pro’s. U can’t possibly be this stupid. The sole purpose of them keeping the lightning port is to sell more accessories. Period. Point blank. It’s where their bread and butter is. I happy to know this shyt for a FACT. I know their margins. U have no idea what u talking about.
Didn’t say I was “rooting” for anything.

Again, all I said was that there are advantages and disadvantages to either approach.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
YES. IT. fukkING. COULD. Like I said before I have repaired this shyt. If the charger is the wrong voltage or isnt MFi certified it can absolutely fukk shyt up. U have no idea what ur talking about fam. This is not ur field please shut the fukk up.
With only one standard fukkery is a lot less likely.

You obviously can find outlier scenarios. But it’s not the same as USB-C where shyts all over the place. Some cords don’t work with some devices. Some wall adapters don’t work with some devices or cords. Some cords support different features depending on the device and so on.

I just posted it all. No need in getting all excited.:stopitslime:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Didn’t say I was “rooting” for anything.

Again, all I said was that there are advantages and disadvantages to either approach.
Bottom line is that the approach is about the bottom line. Money. Proprietary ports have always caused headaches for future use cases. It’s the reason the Vita 1000 has a proprietary charging port but when the 2000 came out they went with a micro usb. It’s FAR easier to find a charger for ur Vita 2000 vs the 1000. Which u would have to buy off EBay or some shyt.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bottom line is that the approach is about the bottom line. Money. Proprietary ports have always caused headaches for future use cases. It’s the reason the Vita 1000 has a proprietary charging port but when the 2000 came out they went with a micro usb. It’s FAR easier to find a charger for ur Vita 2000 vs the 1000. Which u would have to buy off EBay or some shyt.
Yes and no.

Lighting port is smaller and more durable. Two things that are important for a phone.

Apple may be making money off it, but that doesn’t mean it’s not advantageous in some ways.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
With only one standard fukkery is a lot less likely.

You obviously can find outlier scenarios. But it’s not the same as USB-C where shyts all over the place. Some cords don’t work with some devices. Some wall adapters don’t work with some devices or cords. Some cords support different features depending on the device and so on.

I just posted it all. No need in getting all excited.:stopitslime:
I don’t give a fukk what u posted I have been using usb c since forever and never had a cord not work unless it was some cheap bullshyt. The shyt u speaking on is just as outlier as the lightning port issue. Only difference is it’s more usb c devices than lightning devices so u will find more cases overall. But it all dials back to the same shyt. Cheap peripherals. I repair this type of shyt fam. U not telling me nothing about this. Remember the 30 pin connector for the iPhone? Those people got fukked when Apple decided to go from 1 proprietary solution to another. But wait. We have a solution for u. Purchase this other peripheral from us so u can still use your products that you invested all your money in our ecosystem for. Lol.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Yes and no.

Lighting port is smaller and more durable. Two things that are important for a phone.

Apple may be making money off it, but that doesn’t mean it’s not advantageous in some ways.
Nah u just don’t know wtf u talkin bout. Lol. I’ve ran into more broken lightning cables than USB C BY FAR. The fact that u said it’s more durable let’s me know u have ZERO idea of what ur speaking on. No person who deals with repairs or deals with these things often would cosign that bullshyt u spewing. Lol. Even the damn port itself is issue prone. fukk the actual cable. I have an iPad right now that my youngest son uses that I have to replace the lighting port for because it’s malfunctioning.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah u just don’t know wtf u talkin bout. Lol. I’ve ran into more broken lightning cables than USB C BY FAR. The fact that u said it’s more durable let’s me know u have ZERO idea of what ur speaking on. No person who deals with repairs or deals with these things often would cosign that bullshyt u spewing. Lol. Even the damn port itself is issue prone. fukk the actual cable. I have an iPad right now that my youngest son uses that I have to replace the lighting port for because it’s malfunctioning.
Your anecdotes don’t change facts. USB-C ports are less durable and prone to accumulating a bunch of dirt and grime. Those are facts.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don’t give a fukk what u posted I have been using usb c since forever and never had a cord not work unless it was some cheap bullshyt. The shyt u speaking on is just as outlier as the lightning port issue. Only difference is it’s more usb c devices than lightning devices so u will find more cases overall. But it all dials back to the same shyt. Cheap peripherals. I repair this type of shyt fam. U not telling me nothing about this. Remember the 30 pin connector for the iPhone? Those people got fukked when Apple decided to go from 1 proprietary solution to another. But wait. We have a solution for u. Purchase this other peripheral from us so u can still use your products that you invested all your money in our ecosystem for. Lol.
I posted facts. Your opinion don’t change that.