So you buy an M.2 SSD device that meets standard but there is no guarantee it will work

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
No they aren’t. Raw speed is only one factor. And even then comparable cards are still around $200

You're right, the other factor is how the console accesses the memory through the I/O. That has nothing to do with ssd specs. You can get a ssd with faster speeds than the series x for $150.

If you don't think it cost money to customize a nvme m.2 ssd to be much smaller then I don't know what to tell you.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This argument still doesn't help your case because 5.5GB/s is still more than twice as fast as the MS solution. That you're getting something objectively faster for the same price or cheaper highlights the failure of going with a proprietary solution.
When it comes to pc/console parts practical performance matters.

on paper specs mean nothing.

The fact that the slower drive performs the same or in some times better than “faster” on paper parts. Is actually a benefit of a highly custom solution.

Now you're pretending to not understand how a disclaimer works - the same disclaimers they put on everything. And the same ones you guys concern trolled about wrt B/C and PSN name changes. You're not even interested in being honest here, are you?
You don’t need a disclaimer if you have a product/solution you know that works.

It could still be “open” but they could have had a drive or exact solution ready to talk about.

Not even sure what the rest of your Sony stan tangent is about. Stay on topic

"scrambling"

:mjlol:
A year in and they still don’t have something ready. What do you call it?? :ohhh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're right, the other factor is how the console accesses the memory through the I/O. That has nothing to do with ssd specs. You can get a ssd with faster speeds than the series x for $150.

If you don't think it cost money to customize a nvme m.2 ssd to be much smaller then I don't know what to tell you.
I didn’t say it doesn’t cost more. I said the most expensive portion can’t really be changed. You are paying for the same chips regardless.

Im sure Microsoft invested more in their solution than Sony did in their “open” solution. And I’m sure some of that has been passed on to the consumer. I disagree that it makes the card anywhere near “double” the price.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I didn’t say it doesn’t cost more. I said the most expensive portion can’t really be changed. You are paying for the same chips regardless.
You should go watch a teardown of a series x memory card and come tell me the most important parts weren't customized.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm glad you finally admitted the 12 tflops don't mean much when compared to the PS5.

Again we have real life performance.

The speeds aren’t that far apart in the first place.

Stop with the fanboy stuff :camby:
iu