So who will hold the crown next gen?

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
I somehow missed that. Just shows how little people around here know about the industry :manny:
One day, these dudes will stop putting me into there category.
They gonna recognize that I actually enjoy learning about this shyt.
I been in this game for years, its made me an animal
There's rules to this shyt, I've written a thousand manuals :boss:

right... wiiU lol

Kodie

Pro
Daps
It may seem like I'm going out on a limb with that one but Wii was supposed to be a runaway hit and has only shipped about 20m more than either PS3 or 360. Wii U already seems like it won't have (and hasn't had) nearly the same success as Wii so I don't honestly expect it to be 1st again.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I didn't say you "couldn't" make your words as large as they want. I said it goes to show how poorly you form your arguments :manny:

In any case, you make loose connections between headlines and then pass them off as evidence of something that hasn't been proven. For example, the report that Sony is combining their PS3/PS2 sales was not a hidden fact and doesn't relate to the milestones that they have stated for those specific consoles. In other words, in a quarterly report you'll see something like "15 million units shipped combined for PS2/PS3". They're clearly combining those numbers because it looks more impressive than listing the PS3 sales individually. There's no argument there. But when they said "70 million ps3 units shipped to date" then they're specifying PS3. And if they're surreptitiously combining adding PS3 and PS2 numbers, then (1) how did they get to 70 million LTD units? PS2 sold a lot more than that and (2) yeah, that's very illegal.

Furthermore, units shipped has been independently verified. For example, in this study published by the International Data Corporation they state that PS3 has shipped 77 million and XBox 360 has shipped 76 million as of December 31 2012. BTW, Microsoft used 75.9 million as their "unit sales" in this report: Microsoft Investor Relations - KPIs. So what are the possible conclusions from that? Either:

- Microsoft means shipped when they say "unit sales" which is totally reasonable because they "sold" these "units" to retailers.

- IDC somehow got it wrong. They took the "sold" number and reported them as shipped. And for some reason, Microsoft never corrected them? Seems unlikely to me.

- The difference between sold and shipped for MS is as little as .1 million. Perhaps. I don't know what a normal number for "available supply" is but I imagine it's similar for XBox 360 as it is for PS3 (feel free to provide proof to the contrary)

So in conclusion, I can either take your word or that of the IDC. IDC says PS3 has shipped 77m WW and 360 has shipped 76m WW and has been on the market for one year less. There is no way to take that data and extrapolate from it what the "sold" number is (again, feel free to provide your formula if you have one).

IDC can gladly charge $4500 for their study. Most people wouldn't piss on whatever report you provided with Grand Marnier so I choose IDC.

:win::myman::umad::dead::deadrose::deadmanny:
Or you can look at sonys quarter results like everyone else and notice PS2/3 is still behind by a significant amount of units. people still believe that idc report it has been debunked a month ago :deadrose:

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
It may seem like I'm going out on a limb with that one but Wii was supposed to be a runaway hit and has only shipped about 20m more than either PS3 or 360. Wii U already seems like it won't have (and hasn't had) nearly the same success as Wii so I don't honestly expect it to be 1st again.

Its fukking shyt.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Of course you'd say that when your system doesn't sell worth a damn in a region. :skip:

You want to do well in ALL regions. If Japan wasn't so important, why did MS try to make such a huge push this gen with it at the beginning. You just can't Cuban B that shyt when it doesn't work. :skip:

neither system sells worth a damn in that region. have you looked at the big 3s recent sales in that region? every system that doesn't contain MH is bomba status there . vita is doing worse there then it is here, the wiiu is looking like a skeleton that's breaking apart. Only successful gaming device is the 3DS ironically :skip:. the fight will be over Europe, MS has a good chance there considering that will be there target not japan.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Or you can look at sonys quarter results like everyone else and notice PS2/3 is still behind by a significant amount of units. people still believe that idc report it has been debunked a month ago :deadrose:

It's true that IDC's report is basically their estimate, but Court isn't providing anything more than a claim that Sony is lying. I'm not saying the 77m vs 76m is 100% accurate but considering Sony's last publically reported number was 70m (in early November, before Black Friday) and Microsoft's last publically reported number was 76m (as of Dec 31) - I don't think the term "neck and neck" is out of place here. Not that I used that term, I just said I personally think PS4 will outsell Nextbox WW and Court didn't like that.

As for Sony's quarterly numbers, they don't provide LTD numbers in those quarterlies so it's difficult to extrapolate from that too. So again, all we're left of as far as official numbers go is 70 before Black Friday vs 76 on Dec 31.

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
Xbox plain and simple.

Funny how these homosexuals ps fan boys talk about hardware, well the OG xbox had far superior hardware compared to that of the ps double.

Look, all I'm saying is that if you buy a ps quadruple, you're most likely gay :manny:

Heterosexuals play xbox :win:

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
It's true that IDC's report is basically their estimate, but Court isn't providing anything more than a claim that Sony is lying. I'm not saying the 77m vs 76m is 100% accurate but considering Sony's last publically reported number was 70m (in early November, before Black Friday) and Microsoft's last publically reported number was 76m (as of Dec 31) - I don't think the term "neck and neck" is out of place here. Not that I used that term, I just said I personally think PS4 will outsell Nextbox WW and Court didn't like that.

As for Sony's quarterly numbers, they don't provide LTD numbers in those quarterlies so it's difficult to extrapolate from that too. So again, all we're left of as far as official numbers go is 70 before Black Friday vs 76 on Dec 31.

Gotcha. So it's just a personal hunch. A guess. Not based on anything scientifically proven or derived from any verifiable data/numbers?

Just a "hey, I like Apples" concept.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Stop speaking logic :dwillhuh:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

I dont think the term neck is neck is out of the place either; I was pointing out the fact that you tried to pass the IDC #numbers off as factual which they were not, they were it an estimation that was off.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Gotcha. So it's just a personal hunch. A guess. Not based on anything scientifically proven or derived from any verifiable data/numbers?

Just a "hey, I like Apples" concept.
Well yeah. I don't think anyone can provide anything more than a hunch as it pertains to PS4 vs Nextbox sales. Some hunches will be right, more will be wrong. Same happens every gen. No amount of scientific data would have told you we'd end up where we are this gen.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
I dont think the term neck is neck is out of the place either; I was pointing out the fact that you tried to pass the IDC #numbers off as factual which they were not, they were it an estimation that was off.

I honestly never meant to imply that they were factual. Just that they were more reliable than what Court was spitting.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I would think a few things would factor into this. Like which system has the cheaper price tag, the better gaming titles, which one drops first etc.