So What’s The REAL Alternative If This Site Goes Offline?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Yes...yes it is....I be FEININ for a forum, bruh!

I don't watch the News..I get all of my info on what's going on in the world from here!

:mjcry:

And It's only when THIS site is down!

:whoa:

I feel you.....this is like the club/crew for suburban days trying to stay outta trouble in the house I can relate; I need this place 2 :dead:

but we aint going over to no girly websites dawg you crazy :russ:

this home :wow:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I had a cold site (Xenforo) that I was running essentially as a backup. But I closed it down when Brook came back and we upgraded this site (May '22)

Unfortunately that was probably the last time I talked to him :mjcry:

Setting up a new site isn't difficult, but migrating a userbase would be the challenge if this site imploded out of nowhere. TheColi was an anomaly because SOHH was so damn late in banning the mention of it on the site. And even then we had people refusing to jump ship until it was sinking for sure :dead:

EDIT: And @hex is right. Dudes have no idea just how much cook was keeping this site together with upgrades. It was also easy AF to get new modifications installed on here too :mjcry:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I said a few years ago that Brook needed to make Houston an Administrator for the sole purpose of being able to add/remove mods, edit forums, edit usernames and users, add smileys and a few other smaller forum things. Brook can limit the permissions Houston have in the admincp system so that he doesn't have full permissions like Brook.

Anyone that is listed as a Super Mod (like you) should be able to ban. That's stupid that only one person can ban on the entire site.

I guaratee he has no idea I can't ban people.

I was a Super Mod for like 2 weeks and had zero mod functions turned on. I had to PM like 2-3 times and ask him what's going on. Because he made me a Super Mod, it wasn't like I was asking to be one. After that I had some functions but a gang of shyt still doesn't work. And that's the last time I talked to him.

EDIT:

Dude could clear up the issues I listed literally one weekend. Like 2 days, if he logged in and actually interacted with Houston and I. It's mind boggling.

Fred.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
@Rain
@hex

I don't understand; if I'm outta pocket tell me to chill.

but if that guy Brook owns the site.....and is super mod.....he gets paid right? he's not involved and totally out of reach? there HAS to be a way to contact him in 2k24 right :what:

can't someone just be like yo let us take care of the site we don't want to take $$$ outta your pockets.....no?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Rain
@hex

I don't understand; if I'm outta pocket tell me to chill.

but if that guy Brook owns the site.....and is super mod.....he gets paid right? he's not involved and totally out of reach? there HAS to be a way to contact him in 2k24 right :what:

can't someone just be like yo let us take care of the site we don't want to take $$$ outta your pockets.....no?

HOW SWAY?

He doesn't respond to PMs breh. I don't have his personal info to be contacting him in "real life", and even if I did frankly I wouldn't bother. We are contacting him ON THE SITE HE OWNS, and he's ghost.

I know it makes no sense. Like I said, he could fix the shyt I'm talking about in a couple days if he actually responded. I could send one PM, sum up the issues, and then he could disappear until some cataclysmic shyt happens to the servers.

Houston and I have been running the site but we can't update anything (banners, Poster Of The Year, etc.) and we have no access to anything if the site crashes.

EDIT:

He hasn't logged in since Friday. :dead:

WATTBA :wow:

Fred.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps

I looked at that site a few months ago. That place is what the coli should be. This site plays with cacs and c00ns to much. I wish it had more traffic

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
HOW SWAY?

He doesn't respond to PMs breh. I don't have his personal info to be contacting him in "real life", and even if I did frankly I wouldn't bother. We are contacting him ON THE SITE HE OWNS, and he's ghost.

I know it makes no sense. Like I said, he could fix the shyt I'm talking about in a couple days if he actually responded. I could send one PM, sum up the issues, and then he could disappear until some cataclysmic shyt happens to the servers.

Houston and I have been running the site but we can't update anything (banners, Poster Of The Year, etc.) and we have no access to anything if the site crashes.

EDIT:

Fred.

IDK have one of these coli IT nerds hack his shyt :russ:

im just playing.....damn thats crazy tho....as a suburban dad I need this shyt.....I love this place :blessed:

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
HOW SWAY?

EDIT:

Fred.
would you be open to the coli posters staging a sit in of sorts....? if a hundred or more us basically went on strike until @Brooklynzson addressed your concerns this might get taken care of... it's just a suggestion, but if you're willing to put the site on your back and carry it, brooklyn should honor that... obviously he either doesn't have the time and/or concern to do it himself....

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
would you be open to the coli posters staging a sit in of sorts....? if a hundred or more us basically went on strike until @Brooklynzson addressed your concerns this might get taken care of... it's just a suggestion, but if you're willing to put the site on your back and carry it, brooklyn should honor that... obviously he either doesn't have the time and/or concern to do it himself....

I told cats months ago to leave the site.

Respectfully, I don't care what you cats do. This ain't SOHH where I'm gonna try to convince you to stay. I'm not saying the site is gonna crash or go out like SOHH but we honestly have no idea. We still don't know why the site went down a couple days ago. There's zero communication, unless @Houston911 has talked to him recently. To be fair I'm not on much these days.

Fred.

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
I told cats months ago to leave the site.

Respectfully, I don't care what you cats do. This ain't SOHH where I'm gonna try to convince you to stay. I'm not saying the site is gonna crash or go out like SOHH but we honestly have no idea. We still don't know why the site went down a couple days ago. There's zero communication, unless @Houston911 has talked to him recently. To be fair I'm not on much these days.

Fred.
understood.... i just hate to see the site go out like this... but it is what it is....

• Dap
Reactions: hex