So What’s The REAL Alternative If This Site Goes Offline?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
It won't be long until it the site collapses.

this site been holding on by a thin thread for years now.

Forums are a thing of the past and when you really think about it, it's damn near unbelievable the forum is still around

no they aren't it's one of the better ways to push chronological conversations to the top. if anything there should be more features to highlight posts in a thread either by mods or the community. it's cool seeing a topic thread being discussed a year or two later cause context is built into the conversation for anyone who seeks it.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
no they aren't it's one of the better ways to push chronological conversations to the top. if anything there should be more features to highlight posts in a thread either by mods or the community. it's cool seeing a topic thread being discussed a year or two later cause context is built into the conversation for anyone who seeks it.

word?

it just seems like forums are more of a novelty thing these days now when you compare it to outlets that like twitter and Instagram now

now granted, i think forums are better but i also realize it's 2024 and not 2004 anymore.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
word?

it just seems like forums are more of a novelty thing these days now when you compare it to outlets that like twitter and Instagram now

now granted, i think forums are better but i also realize it's 2024 and not 2004 anymore.
I think forums will make a resurgence in the future.

There will always be people who want deeper discussions that don’t die out or get lost in the shuffle after 1 day.

It can also be difficult to get your voice heard on mainstream social media platforms if you aren’t an influencer or someone with a decent following.

Gen Alpha might be the ones who get it poppin if Twitter, IG, Reddit, etc isn’t their cup of tea.

Not sure the Coli will still be around but newer hip hop forums will emerge hopefully.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
word?

the conversations are less structured on those platforms than forums. information is also siloed and less available to the public via search engines. nested comments probably buried a lot of gems too.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Dunno the specifics but it was some race related drama. He was white, always made it clear he was white, but when registration was opened around 2016 or 2017, new posters went out of their way to talk shyt and/or expose that "a white man owns The Coli".

Which was never even true. Dude was a tech guy that co-founded the site, but Brook (a black man) has always owned it.

Brook clearly didn't do much, because here we are. cook was obviously running the site day-to-day. All these issues started with Brook being the sole guy running the site.

Fred.
Damn, more that you mention it, I do remember that. Cook was dope with it too

• Dap
Reactions: hex

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Twitter has “communities” now which are slowly turning into forums.

https://twitter.com/i/communities/1752184269550530663 32k people already

can't see comments if you're not a registered user

h1dVMTf.png

not indexable by search engines.

IjSBJgL.png

these companies are basically killing the open internet.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I think forums will make a resurgence in the future.

There will always be people who want deeper discussions that don’t die out or get lost in the shuffle after 1 day.

It can also be difficult to get your voice heard on mainstream social media platforms if you aren’t an influencer or someone with a decent following.

Gen Alpha might be the ones who get it poppin if Twitter, IG, Reddit, etc isn’t their cup of tea.

Not sure the Coli will still be around but newer hip hop forums will emerge hopefully.

the conversations are less structured on those platforms than forums. information is also siloed and less available to the public via search engines. nested comments probably buried a lot of gems too.

Yall get it, the forum system will always be superior for discussions.

Everything is always in order and always archived automatically until the site goes down for good.