So what exactly constitutes a Movie as "Horror?" Let's debate and define.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
kp404 in his original post pretty much said they weren't.

He was quoting someone who gave that definition of horror. He was just throwing out definitions people have used and that particular person felt like supernatural are horror flicks and that's it. just food for thought

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He was quoting someone who gave that definition of horror. He was just throwing out definitions people have used and that particular person felt like supernatural are horror flicks and that's it. just food for thought
Word? I was getting my Colin Powell on and only skimmed through.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Shaun of the Dead
Tucker & Dale vs Evil
Return of the Living Dead
Army of Darkness
Dead Alive
Slither

There are a lot out there.

The entire scream franchise. Cabin in the Woods, Peter Jackson's horror flicks. Gremlins. The list goes on and on. It's a tough thing to balance. Re-Animator too

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Question brehs: Are there any really good H.P. Lovecraft adaptations out there :ohlawd:

I know there's the Brian Yunza Re-Animator films but I'm looking for that Horror At Innsmouth/ Call Of Cthulu interdimensional space octopus ish :feedme:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Question brehs: Are there any really good H.P. Lovecraft adaptations out there :ohlawd:

I know there's the Brian Yunza Re-Animator films but I'm looking for that Horror At Innsmouth/ Call Of Cthulu interdimensional space octopus ish :feedme:

It's a loose adaptation, but Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness is worth a look

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am hoping that Guillermo del Toro is finally able to film At The Mountains of Madness. Del Toro's creativity and horror sensibilities plus todays special effects should lead to an awesome adaptation of Lovecraft's story.

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
It's a loose adaptation, but Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness is worth a look

I'm a Carpenter stan so I'll def check that out

I am hoping that Guillermo del Toro is finally able to film At The Mountains of Madness. Del Toro's creativity and horror sensibilities plus todays special effects should lead to an awesome adaptation of Lovecraft's story.

Hasn't he been trying to get that funded for years though?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm a Carpenter stan so I'll def check that out

Hasn't he been trying to get that funded for years though?

He has and in all honesty, speaking strictly from a business standpoint (which I hate but we gotta think about that end when it comes to certain things) doing a mountains of madness flick the way it should be done with the budget it needs, that's a tough sell for any studio. It's gotta be at least a 90-100 million dollar R rated flick and this ain't the 90s anymore where you could have something like T2 be made for that much money and be a hit and part of the reason it was made for that much was because of Arnold's star power and the studio marketed the flick to kids (I had a couple T2 toys) and I don't know if studios would do that anymore. Hell, I don't know if parents would go for that