So… this white woman really came up on feeding black men chicken??? Wow.

Daps
Like I’ve said before, stop expecting people to not capitalize on things. She saw an opening, and took it. The rappers went on to promote themselves. That’s how you stay relevant. You need press. You need as many people as possible to see you, and discover your product, talent, or service. The rappers were willing to go on, she gained a following. Not just black people listen to hip hop. Once she had a larger audience, she got other celebrities. You have to expand your reach, and there are only so many rappers.

That is my pragmatic, non emotional, capitalist, not expecting people to give up money response.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Seriously, the amount of disdain I have for these bed bucks. They intentionally ignored the post you quoted. They’re the ones who let these culture vultures in and are quick to punch a black man or diss a black woman over them.

“He’s cool. He’s invited to the cook out.”
“Her ghetto pass is good. Why are you hating on her?”

Not all black men are like this, but a sizeable portion are. This is why black women get so frustrated with us collectively. The amount of passes these c00ns give non-black people (especially white women) is staggering.

You can’t criticize them because that makes you a “hater.” You can’t point out the exploitation because it’s “too militant.”

Shout out to the real ones who haven’t succumbed to the c00n gene. I knew the c00ns would be in here heavy but damn.

I’ve posted the evidence. If some of you can’t discern the facts then. :yeshrug:

Now you're just arguing in bad faith. No one said any of that shyt.

Daps
I didnt watch a single clip,but are they or are they not only eating chicken on these dates? That alone would be too stereotypical framed for me as a black american. Mc hammer and Jerry Rice got killed for even making chicken commercials.
In America, yes. But is the fried chicken stereotype in the UK?

Daps
blacks can never go into country music spaces and thrive

same_beer_different_problem_cover_art_1651204593.jpg

MV5BMTYwOTExOTI3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDU4MDU3._V1_.jpg

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You gotta be kidding me. This...

jerry-rice-popeyes-chicken.gif

And the show have nothing in common. Look if you wanna be hamstrung to the stereotype cool. But I'm gonna eat fried chicken wherever I goddamn please, in front of whomever is watching.

Right,Jerry got paid to pitch chicken to the masses. The show is some white woman asking you to go sit and eat fried chicken on her show for views. Btw,I said I dont really have an issue because in context shes from the UK. And most of these people are not black americans. So I would doubt she is asking them in a racist/mocking way. But your telling me is some white American had a show like this,and had blacks on her show eating fried chicken every week. You would be cool going on the show?

Knowing full well she has awareness of the stereotype. And knowing full well you could find it offensive:gucci:? I wouldnt allow a white person to try me like that. And no I dont have a problem eating chicken in front of white people. Just dont be white and invite me out for chicken without apologizing in advance:respect:

Its offensive from a certain perspective,but not offensive in proper context imo.

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Could’ve done fish & chips instead of chicken but I don’t see the big deal. Who doesn’t like chicken.

Kuma the Bear

The Ultimate King of Iron Fist
Daps
Reppin
Mishima Industries
To be honest, class and race intersect in this situation. Working class people of all ethnicities go to chicken & chip shops, however since her show is set in London, there will be a lot more non-white people going to them to buy food.
A lot of these shops are owned by South Asians too and they are usually the cooks so Black British people don't have a monopoly on those other than the fact that in this case, Amelia used Black British rappers to gain clout.

Now the gripe with Amelia is that she is a middle-class, connected woman cosplaying as a working class girl in order to gain access to these rappers who are predominately from working class backgrounds.
I highly doubt she grew up going to chicken and chip shops or partaking in many things which working class people do, however since she's supposedly awkward and quirky she gets a pass, on top of being well-connected which can take her places the average man can't reach.

1. Love the dress

🤷🏾‍♀️

That Twitter account isn't wrong here unfortunately. A Black woman named Zeze Mills spoke out last year on how Amelia profits off of working-class and Black people with her show and the majority of people bashing her, calling her jealous, hateful etc were other Black people :yeshrug:

GZR

Final round
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I don't think this stereotype exists in the Europe. The UK posters, like @Ukbrotha can clarify if I'm wrong but I think euro white people would lack the context for it.

If anything I'd expect some derogatory wording in their culture for eating oxtail or fufu
It definitely does. You need to remember that the rest of the world consumes a colossal amount of US media. The negative black food stereotype that people in the UK are less likely to be aware of is the watermelon one but the fried chicken one is 100% known and common. I definitely recall hearing these bullshyt fried chicken "jokes" at times when growing up however most people wouldn't go there at this stage due to fear of being called out as racist. Also fried chicken has really exploded in the UK, practically everyone eats it at this stage regardless of race. With gentrification etc. it's not uncommon to find people from the estates (UK equivalent of the projects), hipsters, trust fund babies, professionals, school kids, etc. in Morleys at the same damn time.

Btw, I'm not defending her, I don't know enough about her to pass judgement at this stage.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I've watched that Pengest Munch vid before. I have no idea who the white gal is but I'm assuming she took dude's idea of reviewing chicken spots and had black guests on while doing it? Then got invited to the Oscars for whatever reason?

She has been doing it longer. It started out as a comedy blog of sorts.

They even done an episode together 6 years ago

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Right,Jerry got paid to pitch chicken to the masses. The show is some white woman asking you to go sit and eat fried chicken on her show for views. Btw,I said I dont really have an issue because in context shes from the UK. And most of these people are not black americans. So I would doubt she is asking them in a racist/mocking way. But your telling me is some white American had a show like this,and had blacks on her show eating fried chicken every week. You would be cool going on the show?

Knowing full well she has awareness of the stereotype. And knowing full well you could find it offensive:gucci:? I wouldnt allow a white person to try me like that. And no I dont have a problem eating chicken in front of white people. Just dont be white and invite me out for chicken without apologizing in advance:respect:

Its offensive from a certain perspective,but not offensive in proper context imo.

They literally do that now on hot ones, and no one bats and eye, not even you. And before you start on "It's just wings"...They're eating wings on Chicken shop date too. And the bolded part :snoop: