So… this white woman really came up on feeding black men chicken??? Wow.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
To be honest, class and race intersect in this situation. Working class people of all ethnicities go to chicken & chip shops, however since her show is set in London, there will be a lot more non-white people going to them to buy food.
A lot of these shops are owned by South Asians too and they are usually the cooks so Black British people don't have a monopoly on those other than the fact that in this case, Amelia used Black British rappers to gain clout.

Now the gripe with Amelia is that she is a middle-class, connected woman cosplaying as a working class girl in order to gain access to these rappers who are predominately from working class backgrounds.
I highly doubt she grew up going to chicken and chip shops or partaking in many things which working class people do, however since she's supposedly awkward and quirky she gets a pass, on top of being well-connected which can take her places the average man can't reach.

That Twitter account isn't wrong here unfortunately. A Black woman named Zeze Mills spoke out last year on how Amelia profits off of working-class and Black people with her show and the majority of people bashing her, calling her jealous, hateful etc were other Black people :yeshrug:
Not surprised. That’s why I just nod my head and keep it moving lol

They’ll always be able to do this. The folks who see it for what it is get it.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They literally do that now on hot ones, and no one bats and eye, not even you. And before you start on "It's just wings"...They're eating wings on Chicken shop date too. And the bolded part :snoop:

Thats hot wings,not Fried Chicken#TheNuance. Theres no stereotype about baked chicken breast either:mjlol:

And you didnt answer the question,would you be fine with a white american doing this? And would you go on some youtube show as one of the first few guest?

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
I think the problem people are having is that the issues at hand is that there is too much plausible deniability. I can see how someone would be bothered yet at the same time, I see other issues rolled into this and counter arguments against it as well. Is the problem that she is a white person benefiting off of black spaces? Is the problem that she may be using racial stereotypes? Would the problem be fixed if she was using other foods?

A better question, and this would make a for a better thread, would be how is it that these white people are able to be put on as they are? Yes, black guests go on those shows but who is directing these people to go on these shows and why those shows in particular? What is the process that leads someone to forgo black media sources for white ones? And I don't think, at the Youtube level, it is merely their ice is colder though since this lady is connected, that may play a part.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Thats hot wings,not Fried Chicken#TheNuance. Theres no stereotype about baked chicken breast either:mjlol:

And you didnt answer the question,would you be fine with a white american doing this? And would you go on some youtube show as one of the first few guest?
You're wrong. They're battered fried wings. Yes...because I watch hot ones, where the wings are literally battered and fried. And yes...I would go on hot ones.

"As you can see, the "Hot Ones" saucing method is effective. Since Shorty's wings are battered, then fried, there are plenty of little crags and crevices for the sauce to disappear into"

They come from a place called "shorty's" ...As you can see...Fried. So... There goes that nuance.

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei

Followed the Kim Kardashian Blackprint to a tee. :wow:

Just waiting on those biracial kids to come next. :mjpls:

For context, she did “chicken shop” dates with black rappers mainly. Then once she got some clout, she added more “‘mainstream” guests.

Sorry, something doesn’t sit right with me. I’m not even mad at her, because just like Vlad, these clowns can’t wait to be exploited.

The imagery of a black man eating chicken with a pawg with a big kool-aid smile rubs me the wrong way. :patrice:

And apparently another kid was doing the same thing years before her… but I don’t see him being invited to the Oscars. :mjpls:

Why yall keep calling these dudes Black thats meant for a specific group, these dudes are African and Carribean blokes.

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
sooo its the uk version of hot ones:manny:
Theres no comparison here hot ones has always gotten celebs from different races, as well different countries on the show.

This broad came up off eating fried chicken with African and Carribean british rappers only.

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
That PengestMunch guy had a fallout with his video guy. Quality went down horribly but before that he had a bigger audience.

This woman’s audience are mainly cacs tbf. Plus her shyt is some deadpan comedy in her dates. Swear she’s interviewed some Americans as well but I don’t really see it.:manny:

Maybe she found a connect to attend the Oscars :manny:

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
You're wrong. They're battered fried wings. Yes...because I watch hot ones, where the wings are literally battered and fried. And yes...I would go on hot ones.

"As you can see, the "Hot Ones" saucing method is effective. Since Shorty's wings are battered, then fried, there are plenty of little crags and crevices for the sauce to disappear into"

They come from a place called "shorty's" ...As you can see...Fried. So... There goes that nuance.
Hot Wings arent apart of the stereotype, fried or not.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
I went down the rabbit hole of her videos a few weeks ago starting with the burna boy one

shes funny :yeshrug:and i didn't see no guns on anyone's heads

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Hot Wings arent apart of the stereotype, fried or not.
If there’s any cut of chicken that adheres to the stereotype it’s definitely chicken wings. Chicken wings historically have always been a throwaway cut of chicken. Guess who got to eat the chicken wings?