So this is what’s happening to historically black cities?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I said this a couple weeks ago in another thread, the hispanic population in the DMV is exploding.
They are working in damn near every business in DC and there were 100+ mexicans celebrating quinceaneras at national harbor last time i was there

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If they find fault with that then it will tell you who they are and they are not to be trusted under any circumstances if teaching the power of community to black people is part of the agenda. That should end the back and forth between he and I.

This the Coli, where anything that resembles accountability is c00n behavior. And nobody around here isn't saying white supremacy hasn't put black people in a uncomfortable position. But when people start talking reasonable solutions, all you get is excuses because those solutions usually involve being accountable. Reminds me of children when you push them to do better they just fall out crying.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
Is that how they stole Bompton from us?
From what I’ve seen personally The black folks in Compton started moving to places such as Riverside and San Bernardino. They called themselves moving to “better” cities after the la riots. Which allowed the Mexicans to takeover.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
This the Coli, where anything that resembles accountability is c00n behavior. And nobody around here isn't saying white supremacy hasn't put black people in a uncomfortable position. But when people start talking reasonable solutions, all you get is excuses because those solutions usually involve being accountable. Reminds me of children when you push them to do better they just fall out crying.
Then why complain at all? I thought the idea was to take accountability and change the condition, to be better. Are we supposed to wait them out until we get something, when it's projected black people will have a net worth of zero by 2053? It's c00nish behavior to attempt to prevent that?

What about Carter G. Woodson? What about Harriet Tubman? What about NOI Malcom? What about Mary Turner? What about the sacrifices our people made to get us here?

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Then why complain at all? I thought the idea was to take accountability and change the condition, to be better. Are we supposed to wait them out until we get something, when it's projected black people will have a net worth of zero by 2053? It's c00nish behavior to attempt to prevent that?

What about Carter G. Woodson? What about Harriet Tubman? What about NOI Malcom? What about Mary Turner? What about the sacrifices our people made to get us here?

I fully agree. But the problem with trying to make a difference is it'll expose those who are doing nothing.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
I fully agree. But the problem with trying to make a difference is it'll expose those who are doing nothing.
giphy.gif

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
To provide additional context. the DMV is way different from New York where Puerto Ricans have always lived with Black people to the point you got people running around named Tyrone Jimenez and Shanqua Gomez (two real people that I knew) Salvadorans moved to Mt. Pleasent in DC and in the Virginia suburbs to go do odd jobs for white people. Back in the day in DC and PG county you'd hardly ever see a non Black person other than a cop for weeks.

So Mexicans and other Latin americans are moving to PG to carve out their own communities there on purpose. Because even if you lived near Mt. Pleasant back in the day Blacks and Salvadoreans didn't hang out. There was one area in PG where they did live in Riverdale agan MS-13 was a real problem there but it didn't matter because not many ADOS black people lived in Riverdale.
I went to Parkdale HS off of Goodluck road. Class of 2010….

You seem to be speaking of a time even before me. Out Hyattsville/Riverdale around my time was pretty split. More black folk but not by THAT much..

Maruchan

Pro
Daps
From what I’ve seen personally The black folks in Compton started moving to places such as Riverside and San Bernardino. They called themselves moving to “better” cities after the la riots. Which allowed the Mexicans to takeover.
You not wrong. A lot of people moved to Palmdale and Lancaster as well.

But yea. The answer is economics. The answer is always economics in America.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Vote for democrats who let illegal Mexicans in every year like it’s their job then complain about them taking over your neighborhoods brehs.
Reagan who is a God amoungst Republicans gave an amensty for Mexicans.

Think that only one party supports illegal migration brehs. The whole US agricultural and food prep system is built on the backs on illegal migrants.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Vote for democrats who let illegal Mexicans in every year like it’s their job then complain about them taking over your neighborhoods brehs.
Illegals been coming over here before it was a party

They made the real natives forget their identity

Sold their identity to some foreigners for 5 bucks