So this is what’s happening to historically black cities?

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
Someone fill me in, what am I suppose to be feeling right now off of a fukking Mexican with a lawn mower and a pickup on the street.

Am I suppose to be worried about a pickup truck?
LA Raza? The Mexican flag?

Or that some random ass Mexican is driving in a black county?
You don't have to feel anything but you should at least be able to see the forest for the trees. This is how shyt ends up fukked up and people are scratching their heads, wondering how we got here.

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
It's a number of things, but unless we tighten up and undo some of the damage that was done by understanding how it was done we're always going to court disaster. MLK, Jr. was foul for that Poor People's Campaign when he linked with Caesar Chavez, but we gotta go back and investigate why he thought it was okay to switch black civil rights to human rights. We gotta learn from Malcolm's mistake and learn to deal with disagreements among each other quietly and stop running to these other groups airing each other out for what? Where has all that gotten us? About to get ran out of historically black cities because we want to accommodate everybody to uphold some old shyt that didn't work?

Listen, as black people in this country we can't afford to slack and not know, we can't afford to be at each other's throats, we can't afford not affording. The fact blackness has been divided into so many subdivisions and being marketed against black people is an issue. Black "this", black "that", but it's all black to begin with. Wanting outside acceptance is a problem as is our willful ignorance of these people's intentions toward us. But the juice box is that good to throw away generations of hard work is it? It's so wet, her hair is so long, straight, the skin is light and the ass is fat...

Self-determination is an inhouse job not just of our best and brightest but everybody dedicated to upholding the generations of sacrifice and hard work of black people. Forgetting where and what we came from is what's happening to historically black cities.

Bruh it's already over:yeshrug:
We're not a community any more
Ppl in power, including our own have no issue pushing a "divide" between Black men and women
I say divide in quotations, because it's most the bourgeois doing it

You got the buffer middle class taking advantage of dead Black ppl to advance their careers

It is not ever happening, it only gets worse from here

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Niggga, you probably from Newark.
I lived a few minutes from Camden for years, There Enough to exactly what I’m talking about.
A few minutes from Camden :mjlol:

Where’s the proof that blacks and Hispanics are worse off when they’re living together? Why did you exclude Philly or south Florida? What separates the south Bronx from the north Bronx in your opinion

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Bruh it's already over:yeshrug:
We're not a community any more
Ppl in power, including our own have no issue pushing a "divide" between Black men and women
I say divide in quotations, because it's most the bourgeois doing it

You got the buffer middle class taking advantage of dead Black ppl to advance their careers

It is not ever happening, it only gets worse from here
It's over when we cease to exist as a people; speak for yourself, I'm not drawing breath on this earth to accept defeat because of what the odds appear to be.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's baked into the answer. That's a known known. Just because there's a systematic effort doesn't mean you stop trying or don't try. You get up, brush yourself off and redouble your efforts. You keep fighting. Keep fighting for gains and keep said gains and get more. The onus is on personal responsibility if we don't change strategy and try again.

Its amazing how people these days crumble in the face of adversity. A "system" can be over came if you understand it. Now days people say there is a systemic opposition and just completely give up. This is concerning.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
It's over when we cease to exist as a people; speak for yourself, I'm not drawing breath on this earth to accept defeat because of what the odds appear to be.
Nah, there's no way we're coming back bruh
How is all the cultural defects and lack of resources going to magically turn itself around?

Maruchan

Pro
Daps
This happened in my family's hometown of Compton. It is now an overwhelmingly Hispanic, specifically Mexican city. Black people don't own anything apart from a few families who managed to keep their homes. Instead Mexicans own most of the property and houses in 2022, the same property that used to be owned by black people. Add in the intentional dilapidation of the city by the crack epidemic, the following gang epidemic, city corruption/embezzlement on the highest levels, and the 2008 financial crash and you have a perfect storm for this BS.

Latinos have always been anti-black and played in the shadows allowing them to come together and mobilize politically for their causes and buy blocks while avoiding taxes. They soon will take the corrupt black city council away and it will be their city for good. That city is a perfect tale of how shyt was stolen from us.
:mjlol: u nikkas happily gave everything away by not progressing. Bloods and crips run yo city. Everybody else progressing. We shouldn't even be competing with mexicans.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
:mjlol: u nikkas happily gave everything away by not progressing. Bloods and crips run yo city. Everybody else progressing. We shouldn't even be competing with mexicans.
Black ppl aren't competing with anyone as a whole
We're at the bottom

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
To provide additional context. the DMV is way different from New York where Puerto Ricans have always lived with Black people to the point you got people running around named Tyrone Jimenez and Shanqua Gomez (two real people that I knew) Salvadorans moved to Mt. Pleasent in DC and in the Virginia suburbs to go do odd jobs for white people. Back in the day in DC and PG county you'd hardly ever see a non Black person other than a cop for weeks.

So Mexicans and other Latin americans are moving to PG to carve out their own communities there on purpose. Because even if you lived near Mt. Pleasant back in the day Blacks and Salvadoreans didn't hang out. There was one area in PG where they did live in Riverdale agan MS-13 was a real problem there but it didn't matter because not many ADOS black people lived in Riverdale.
If they’ve declared PG county a sanctuary county like that Sister stated then they’re being steered there. No different than declaring our communities “economic empowerment zones” or whatever name they give it, marking out billions of dollars to revitalize that area, and then making sure immigrants - first the Asians, now the Mexicans - get the lion share of that money. Jesse Jackson complained about it in an article I read back in the day. It’s the legal dismantling of our communities.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Its amazing how people these days crumble in the face of adversity. A "system" can be over came if you understand it. Now days people say there is a systemic opposition and just completely give up. This is concerning.
Because they're weak, all the tools have been there for us to succeed and if we only thought differently about how we used them or learned to properly use them or even used them at all we wouldn't be having these circular discussions. Problem is people don't give up to systematic opposition, they give in and accept their position within it just as long as their basic needs and wants are met. As a people we fought ourselves out of a condition that was supposed to be perpetual according to the Pope (Dum Diversas), if we can buck what the Pope said, the rest should have been cake. But people get complacent, get soft and stay on their knees.
Nah, there's no way we're coming back bruh
How is all the cultural defects and lack of resources going to magically turn itself around?
There's no way you're coming back.
You call yourself a philosopher, don't you know culture can be shaped and molded to the will of the people who create it? Don't you know pulling resources together through unified fronts is the best way for a group of people with a lack of resources to have more? You're asking basic questions.

You just have to be honest with yourself, maybe you lost the will to fight, maybe you lost the will to go further into the intellectual depths of the problem to observe and understand it and devise theories to experiment with it like a social scientist, because schools classify philosophy as a social science, to determine the best outcomes. Don't associate yourself with that word if you aren't going to live by it. It's the philosophers who do the painstaking research to understand and formulate ways out because in being such you're supposed to be an in and out of the box thinker. Yes, I have a degree in philosophy.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
This is what happens when ownership is not instilled in the next generation and they're not taught how to get and hold something for themselves and capitalize on it
It was instilled
The Gov’t devalued the fukk out of those homes and stopped resources in places like South Central and other majority black places

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
If they’ve declared PG county a sanctuary county like that Sister stated then they’re being steered there. No different than declaring our communities “economic empowerment zones” or whatever name they give it, marking out billions of dollars to revitalize that area, and then making sure immigrants - first the Asians, now the Mexicans - get the lion share of that money. Jesse Jackson complained about it in an article I read back in the day. It’s the legal dismantling of our communities.
Who determines how these areas are named? Is this through zoning in the city, the assessors in the county or politicians? We've got to pinpoint where that is coming from and get names of who is putting that through. That said, we've got to get in those positions to know what's going on.