So this is what’s happening to historically black cities?

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Be scared of one guy with the lawnmower :mjlol:

I mean, my experiences are quite different considering I’m from south Texas. But gentrification and the strong arming of black and brown communities by capital and bureaucrats has really done a number.

I’ve mentioned it before, but in my old neighborhood it was historically mexican(there’s a ballroom close by that’s a designated historic site and was one of the first places to integrate during segregation) and that’s all I knew. But because of the oil and gas refineries and soaring housing costs, more and more black people are being kicked out of traditionally black areas for new condos and parking lots. It’s pretty fukked up.

That said, the southwest was once Mexico too, and I think it’s pretty unfair to tell me to pack my bags when my family has been settled here for generations. That’s a white solution that only promotes homogeneity, which is disadvantageous to minorities. The moment you start to talk and think like them is the moment you lose.
Meanwhile white people keep winning

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Also add in the break down of the Black family
It's a number of things, but unless we tighten up and undo some of the damage that was done by understanding how it was done we're always going to court disaster. MLK, Jr. was foul for that Poor People's Campaign when he linked with Caesar Chavez, but we gotta go back and investigate why he thought it was okay to switch black civil rights to human rights. We gotta learn from Malcolm's mistake and learn to deal with disagreements among each other quietly and stop running to these other groups airing each other out for what? Where has all that gotten us? About to get ran out of historically black cities because we want to accommodate everybody to uphold some old shyt that didn't work?

Listen, as black people in this country we can't afford to slack and not know, we can't afford to be at each other's throats, we can't afford not affording. The fact blackness has been divided into so many subdivisions and being marketed against black people is an issue. Black "this", black "that", but it's all black to begin with. Wanting outside acceptance is a problem as is our willful ignorance of these people's intentions toward us. But the juice box is that good to throw away generations of hard work is it? It's so wet, her hair is so long, straight, the skin is light and the ass is fat...

Self-determination is an inhouse job not just of our best and brightest but everybody dedicated to upholding the generations of sacrifice and hard work of black people. Forgetting where and what we came from is what's happening to historically black cities.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
You had families that sold their homes and left the area or the children of those families sell the family home to cash in. This is what happens when ownership is not instilled in the next generation and they're not taught how to get and hold something for themselves and capitalize on it. We keep working against capitalism instead of working with it to benefit us. Combine that with not cutting enough of our own grass, these people have eyes and feet on the block and this is the result. I was putting a team together offering to cut grass for black people on my side of town and a majority of the black people didn't want it even when I offered to do it for less. Another problem is numbers. Are we having enough genuine black children among all of us that we can compete in the future on numbers alone? Unless we start separating ourselves from them and take control of the property, politics and jobs in ours areas and keeping up with the economy, we'll always lose what we have. We need to play for keeps.
No you’re leaving out the systemic effort to remove black ownership.

The onus is not on personal responsibility, no different than blaming black people for not being superhuman enough not to be victims within a racist system.

What the fukk are you even talking about? You reduced this shyt down to not cutting grass? This is no different than something you’d see on st0rmfr0nt.

I already touched on government corruption, city corruption, racism, financial racism, and drug epidemics that is the actual cause of this.

Satsui no Hadou

CHICANO 🇲🇽 🇺🇸
Daps
close the fukking borders!!! Call ice every chance you can!
Right…let’s use the same instruments of oppression that once had a stranglehold on blacks too. I mean, I’m sure back in the day the Texas rangers totally wouldn’t have lynched your ass after beating my brown ass either :skip:

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
No you’re leaving out the systemic effort to remove black ownership.

The onus is not on personal responsibility.
That's baked into the answer. That's a known known. Just because there's a systematic effort doesn't mean you stop trying or don't try. You get up, brush yourself off and redouble your efforts. You keep fighting. Keep fighting for gains and keep said gains and get more. The onus is on personal responsibility if we don't change strategy and try again.

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
Right…let’s use the same instruments of oppression that once had a stranglehold on blacks too. I mean, I’m sure back in the day the Texas rangers totally wouldn’t have lynched your ass after beating my brown ass either :skip:

Niggga, you probably from Newark.
I lived a few minutes from Camden for years, There Enough to exactly what I’m talking about.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
These motherfukkers are suddenly everywhere now. It definitely wasn't like this 20 years ago growing up.

My childhood home used to be in a black neighborhood. Now it's suddenly filled Latinos.

Another 20 and this place will suddenly be another Miami, NY or Cali.

Last edited: