So this "Gone Home" game...[Free on PS+ right now] *Spoilers*

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even if you don't like the game or how it plays, you should be happy because it's trying a new way to show a very personal story while taking advantage of its medium.

Same thing as Papers, Please or something.

Personally, I'm not a fan of walking simulators but I like how the story is told through the environment, scraps of information, etc.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Even if you don't like the game or how it plays, you should be happy because it's trying a new way to show a very personal story while taking advantage of its medium.

Same thing as Papers, Please or something.

Personally, I'm not a fan of walking simulators but I like how the story is told through the environment, scraps of information, etc.

P.T. had even less content, was a demo, and was way better than this "full game". :yeshrug:
There are tons of games that are light on game play that execute what this game was trying to do way better.
Like I said, this game is getting more praise than it deserves because of the subject matter and not the actual execution of the game itself.
I have no issue with the content itself. Which for some reason people can't seem to grasp. You can already see even in this small thread how the agenda works.
Something low quality gets put out, and anyone who has a criticism of it is immediately dismissed as a bigot/hater/etc. :francis:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
No clue. And their daughter flew in from Amsterdam or something like that and they weren't home to welcome her? And what neighborhood was that house in that it needed different hidden passages? I read a theory that the reason every TV was on and the DVD players and video games were gone was that the girl stole everything (from her own freaking family. What a piece of work) to sell it at a pawn shop or something and run away with her girlfriend because her parents wouldn't acknowledge the fact that she was gay. Whole story is lame. @Fatboi1 is gay and been living with his parents this whole time with no problems at all. I was gaming with him the other day playing the uncharted 4 multiplayer and i over heard his mom say "sweety do you want to take a break for your video game and have a grilled cheese and some Oreos?" And he says "Nah mommy. I'm cool. Thanks though". And giggles. This whole "gone home" scenario is just a corny excuse of a walking sim with no base in reality.

Just found out that her parents are at a couples retreat and you're right about the girl stealing everything, that's why their parent's room is all fukked up plus pizza boxes and shyt everywhere

Daps
Reppin
Canada
No clue. And their daughter flew in from Amsterdam or something like that and they weren't home to welcome her? And what neighborhood was that house in that it needed different hidden passages? I read a theory that the reason every TV was on and the DVD players and video games were gone was that the girl stole everything (from her own freaking family. What a piece of work) to sell it at a pawn shop or something and run away with her girlfriend because her parents wouldn't acknowledge the fact that she was gay. Whole story is lame. @Fatboi1 is gay and been liviing with his parents this whole time with no problems at all. I was gaming with him the other day playing the uncharted 4 multiplayer and i over heard his mom say "sweety do you want to take a break for your video game and have a grilled cheese and some Oreos?" And he says "Nah mommy. I'm cool. Thanks though". And giggles. This whole "gone home" scenario is just a corny excuse of a walking sim with no base in reality.
You lie. :wow: That''s too ridiculous to be true.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
P.T. had even less content, was a demo, and was way better than this "full game". :yeshrug:
There are tons of games that are light on game play that execute what this game was trying to do way better.
Like I said, this game is getting more praise than it deserves because of the subject matter and not the actual execution of the game itself.
I have no issue with the content itself. Which for some reason people can't seem to grasp. You can already see even in this small thread how the agenda works.
Something low quality gets put out, and anyone who has a criticism of it is immediately dismissed as a bigot/hater/etc. :francis:

That's the thing...the content of things matter especially in video games where things like sexual expression are relatively minor or extremely juvenile.

I'll put it like this...how would you feel if someone released a high profile, triple A game with an intelligent and heroic black protagonist with positivite attributes and a bunch of great black characters?

It'd be pretty cool even if it was a standard action game because the content is something that's relatively unseen. It's why dudes get hyped when we see games with black protagonists and such.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Highly overrated game, with a terrible ending. I thought there would be a suicide at the end, but nah...all that setup was a ruse for a fukking note in the attic :dead:

I beat this on PC 3 years ago and I remember PC heads wondering why it was getting so much praise. It's overrated as hell.

I really like walking simulators too

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's the thing...the content of things matter especially in video games where things like sexual expression are relatively minor or extremely juvenile.

I'll put it like this...how would you feel if someone released a high profile, triple A game with an intelligent and heroic black protagonist with positivite attributes and a bunch of great black characters?

It'd be pretty cool even if it was a standard action game because the content is something that's relatively unseen. It's why dudes get hyped when we see games with black protagonists and such.

But this isn't a standard action game, you literally do nothing on your way to finding out about this gay shyt :beli: