So this "Gone Home" game...[Free on PS+ right now] *Spoilers*

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Highly overrated game, with a terrible ending. I thought there would be a suicide at the end, but nah...all that setup was a ruse for a fukking note in the attic :dead:

I beat this on PC 3 years ago and I remember PC heads wondering why it was getting so much praise. It's overrated as hell.

I really like walking simulators too
I was just about to tag you too to see what you thought of the game. I thought the same thing, if the ending was a suicide letter it would have made it have more impact, and even still, the game was whack. Literally nothing moves other than doors and a very limited few random items. The game is a bunch of text to read with some monologues. Maybe they should have just saved their money and produced a professional short film to drive their point across.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
That's the thing...the content of things matter especially in video games where things like sexual expression are relatively minor or extremely juvenile.

I'll put it like this...how would you feel if someone released a high profile, triple A game with an intelligent and heroic black protagonist with positivite attributes and a bunch of great black characters?

It'd be pretty cool even if it was a standard action game because the content is something that's relatively unseen. It's why dudes get hyped when we see games with black protagonists and such.
You're sort of adding to my original point though. This game is only getting this level of praise because it's servicing a demographic that very much has the media's direct attention. LGBT has become a movement that if you don't 100% agree with 100% of what they say you're labelled something negative. Its the minority of minorities in this country trying to bully their way into being accepted. Its funny because in America if you are a foreigner, Americans say you have to assimilate to the majority. The LGBT community gets special treatment for what ever reason.
All that aside, my point stands. The game is mediocre and is only getting attention due to its message, which I respect the message, just not the execution of it.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
No clue. And their daughter flew in from Amsterdam or something like that and they weren't home to welcome her? And what neighborhood was that house in that it needed different hidden passages? I read a theory that the reason every TV was on and the DVD players and video games were gone was that the girl stole everything (from her own freaking family. What a piece of work) to sell it at a pawn shop or something and run away with her girlfriend because her parents wouldn't acknowledge the fact that she was gay. Whole story is lame. @Fatboi1 is gay and been living with his parents this whole time with no problems at all. I was gaming with him the other day playing the uncharted 4 multiplayer and i over heard his mom say "sweety do you want to take a break for your video game and have a grilled cheese and some Oreos?" And he says "Nah mommy. I'm cool. Thanks though". And giggles. This whole "gone home" scenario is just a corny excuse of a walking sim with no base in reality.
:mjlol:@Fatboi1

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
the thing with this game is they kept stringing you along, like something supernatural, or at least interesting, was going on. but it just turned out to be some mundane shyt

Firewatch was similar

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
There was nothing supernatural in Firewatch. :what:
I said "supernatural, or at least interesting". I don’t remember the exact plot in Firewatch, but you were meant to think some secret government shyt was going on, but it turned out to be pretty mundane

both games were all about the journey, not the destination

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
TIL this game, Firewatch and Bioshock are all in the same Universe but take place in different time periods :dahell: