so this dude chris pratt was a d level sitcom star, loses 60lbs, and is now an a list movie star?

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Pratt is cool. I'm not sure about his acting range, but so far he's picked the right roles. He could have tried a little harder in Magnificent 7. He didn't even TRY to sound like he was from the time period. LOL. But for the most part, I felt he was passable.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You mean headlines?
Don't twist yourself in a pretzel trying to obscure Chris Pratt's leading man credentials. :dame:
In neither scenario did he headline the film on his own. I mean look at the official Jurassic Wold poster

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
My point is that they could have had Cuba Gooding Jr. and JW would have made bank. No one watches them for the humans.
Too bad we'll never find out. And the flaw in your argument is Jurassic Park 2 and 3 didn't do as well and they also had CGI Dinosaurs. Those movies starred Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neill, but I guess the CGI wasn't as robust or did the headliner have something to do with it?! :jbhmm:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea..... but white guys seem to get away with it..... see Jason Bateman:lolbron:

will smith has been playing the same fukking character for 10 years, with some passion projects thrown in so he can play his other favorite character. denzel been running it back since training day whenever he feels like it. terence howard??? nikka literally uses the same fukking voice/accent/inflection for every character he plays. forest whitaker (a great, nuanced actor) loves using his physicality in certain roles to sell the "looks simple, thinks smart" persona he first rolled out in "the color of money". and on, and on, and on.

but fukk facts. let's act like only white ppl get away with it.